Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gardaí contact Louth family after Irish woman is detained in Syria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You sound like a modern day Crusader or maybe Batman.

More like batshït crazy-man :D

But I’m deadly serious, when I say these fückers deserve no sympathy from us. They are a vile insidious virus on humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Gatling wrote: »
    Which Syrian government and if your referenced the Assad regime they had no problem butchering hundreds of thousands of Syrians to hold on to autocratic minority rule,

the only actual syrian government, that led by president assad.
    Most western systems cannot hold tens of thousands of terrorists either .

well they would want to start getting them ready to do so. it's certainly not the problem of syria anyway or their job to hold them.
    So there is few options out there to deal with Isis prisoners

yes hence their country of origin having to sort them out is the fairist way for everyone.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Leo Varadkar has said that Irish citizens who are fighting for ISIS would be allowed back into the country.
    People that would toss him off of a high building because of his sexuality given half the chance.

The mind boggles, but then he probably won't have to live next to them.
    If they return it's like spitting in the faces of the victim of ISIS that are also here.

And many Irish are enablers and apologists, wanting them to return.
    I wonder if the enablers and apologists would have been so forgiving against Irish Nazis returning home after killing in Germany. Possibly...

biko wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar has said that Irish citizens who are fighting for ISIS would be allowed back into the country.
    People that would toss him off of a high building because of his sexuality given half the chance.

Currently, there are an estimated half-dozen Irish citizens acting under orders from ISIS.

I wonder if the enablers and apologists would have been so forgiving against Nazis return home after killing in Germany. Possibly...

Varadkar is another symptom of this trend to be seen being progressive. Hugging and kissing snakes will only lead to one thing.

Don’t be surprised when the snake bites you in the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I wonder if the enablers and apologists would have been so forgiving against Irish Nazis returning home after killing in Germany. Possibly...

The same oney were denying the assad regime didn't do anything wrong like bombing hospitals , schools aid convoy's and chemical weapons attacks on his own population and are now saying we should take in thousands of terrorists because it's the right thing to do ,

Just not living next door to their families or friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mad muffin wrote: »
    Open the plane door at cruising altitude and give her a boot out…

Shouting Éirinn go Brách!

can't be done and isn't going to happen. next. preferably something realistic.
    She voluntarily joins an organisation which is trying to spread radical Islam all over the world, raping and killing, owns slaves, killing any non-Muslim they find.

This is not a teenager running off with the circus.
    This woman has military training and is now in ISIS, what could possibly go wrong when she comes back to our streets.

I don't think she can be de-radicalised, nor am I willing to bet Irish lives on it.
    Let her stay in the camps in Syria.

To bring ISIS brides back to establish the next generation of fighters under our very noses, in our neighbourhoods - get a big fat no from me.

letting her stay in the camp in syria would be us showing the syrian people the ultimate contempt, and saying we are happy for them to be at risk of isis re-grouping and continuing the slaughter of the syrian people. there is quite likely a massively greater risk of isis regrouping while members remain in syria then there ever could be if they were repatriated to their countries of origin who can absolutely manage them and who have a duty to do so so as to protect us all. assad has said he does not want foreign terrorists in his country and will not hold them, they must go back to their countries of origin. one can dislike assad but he is the president and his word is final as far as syria is concerned.

If they return it's like spitting in the faces of the victim of ISIS that are also here.

there are no enablers and apologists and nobody is talking about forgiving people. what people are saying is we have a responsibility not to be dumping our problem citizens on other countries and as much as i have no time for leo, at least he recognizes this fact.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

can't be done and isn't going to happen. next. preferably something realistic.

So I’m the only one that had THIS IS SPARTA running through my head?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Some did. I believe the irish State penalised some people who went fight the Nazis.

The only reason I would let her back is because Syria doesn’t want to deal with it. Otherwise I’d be happy to see her killed, if that’s their law.

The same oney were denying the assad regime didn't do anything wrong like bombing hospitals , schools aid convoy's and chemical weapons attacks on his own population and are now saying we should take in thousands of terrorists because it's the right thing to do ,

Just not living next door to their families or friends

You realise this woman went to fight Assad right. She was on your side as you cheered the destruction of Syria. Or do you even know what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SaifUllah

There needs to be dialogue with the Syrian Government to either lock her up and throw away the key or release her to face the public.

Who am I kidding, they'll send the Lear Jet :rolleyes:

And they should send her the lear jet, get her home asap, shes Irish.
    This is just pure persecution based on her religion.

• Advertisement

I would have some sympathy is they showed some remorse. Apologised for what they did. Showed some realisation of their actions. Begged for forgiveness. Begged to be shown some humanity that they did not.

Not one iota did these fückers show. If they didn’t get caught they’d still be there happily slaughtering the innocent.

Now that they got caught they want to come home? Fück them. Fück them all to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SaifUllah

Last I checked she was Irish. Or is Muslim a race now?

No you are the racist. You hate your own race.

No I don’t care what her religion is. All I know is she joined an organisation that has vowed to eliminate all non Sunni. That makes her my enemy.

I WILL NOT GO SOFTLY INTO THE NIGHT. I WILL NOT LIE DOWN LIKE A LAMB TO BE SLAUGHTERED.

Inciting hatred against Muslims.

You sir are a BIGOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Off topic but whatever happened to that guy that stabbed the Chinese fella to death in Dundalk?

You realise this woman went to fight Assad right. She was on your side as you cheered the destruction of Syria. Or do you even know what was going on.

As Gordon Ramsay would say… Fück me!

SaifUllah wrote: »
    Inciting hatred against Muslims.

You sir are a BIGOT!

Do you see that?

That the smallest violin playing for your virtue signaling :rolleyes:

BTW I don’t think you understand what that word means…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

She can come back, provided she gets her old job back, and is assigned to protecting Leo

As Gordon Ramsay would say… Fück me!

Try argue more coherently. Syria is run a dictatorship which is secular. The civil war was driven by Sunni sectarian uprising (supported by the West). Many on here who now want Syria to deal with the jihadi problem we’re supporting the jihadists a few months ago.

She was on your side as you cheered the destruction of Syria. Or do you even know what was going on.

Utter nonsense.

Utter nonsense.

That’s right I was joking - the trans lesbian united forces of liberal democracy were the main freedom fighters against the evil Assad regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Off topic but whatever happened to that guy that stabbed the Chinese fella to death in Dundalk?

Detained in a secure hospital, I think.

• Advertisement

That’s right I was joking - the trans lesbian united forces of liberal democracy were the main freedom fighters against the evil Assad regime.

Only the Kurdish forces backed up by the international community unlike ,Assad ,Iran hizbolla and russians who bombed, launched chemical weapons attacks and butchered Syrians to keep an autocratic minority in power.

This is all fact

Try argue more coherently. Syria is run a dictatorship which is secular. The civil war was driven by Sunni sectarian uprising (supported by the West). Many on here who now want Syria to deal with the jihadi problem we’re supporting the jihadists a few months ago.

Oh so it’s okay to join a terrorist organisation because they currently fighting a regime you dislike?

A Terrorist Organisation Islamic State no less. The most vile and insidious terrorist group by order of magnitude worse than any that has come before it.

Why not join the Kurds? Why not join the other moderate freedom fighters that were fighting for their very lives and the lives of their loved one?

Why join the Islamic state? To fight Assad? Give me a break.

Oh so it’s okay to join a terrorist organisation because they currently fighting a regime you dislike?

A Terrorist Organisation Islamic State no less. The most vile and insidious terrorist group by order of magnitude worse than any that has come before it.

Why not join the Kurds? Why not join the other moderate freedom fighters that were fighting for their very lives and the lives of their loved one?

Why join the Islamic state? To fight Assad? Give me a break.

The Kurdish group is full of ... Kurds. Moderate freedom fighters are mostly a myth. It was always a sectarian war.

I opposed the overthrow of Assad.

Gatling, who I was responding to was suppprting the war against Assad even as the clear victors in that overthrow would have been radical Islamists.

However now he wants Syria to deal with an Irish citizen terrorist because he doesn’t want the Irish state to. Why should she be our problem if Syria doesn’t want to deal with it? For obvious reasons
    Syria or “moderate” groups don’t want thousands of immigrant terrorists staying around radicalising the place, being radical in prison etc.

I’d be happier if she had been killed over there, but she’s our problem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭jmreire

Giveaway wrote: »
    That was al qaeda camps in Bora Bora

Just for your information, its "Tora Bora". And it was used as a hideout for AQ and Osama Bin Laden one time after Sept 11th. All in all, ( OBL) he might have been better off in Bora Bora which was one of the original names for Hawaii and which as everyone knows is a well known holiday destination.

The Kurdish group is full of ... Kurds. Moderate freedom fighters are mostly a myth. It was always a sectarian war.

Gatling, who I was responding to was suppprting the war against Assad even as the clear victors in that overthrow would have been radical Islamists.

However now he wants Syria to deal with an Irish citizen terrorist because he doesn’t want the Irish state to. Why should she be our problem if Syria doesn’t want to deal with it? For obvious reasons
    Syria or “moderate” groups don’t want thousands of immigrant terrorists staying around radicalising the place, being radical in prison etc.

I’d be happier if she had been killed over there, but she’s our problem now.

It wouldn’t bother me if she came back, if Ireland would deal with her appropriately. But that’s never going to happen.

She will be let to live her life without any consequences if she comes back.

Despite him Butchering hundreds of thousands of his own people , launched multiple chemical weapons attacks .

You supported russia invading Ukraine too .

First, when I see or hear of any reference to isis, in my mind I see a backdrop of a large black flag or curtain, with white Arabic lettering on it, then an orange jump-suited figure having his head cut off, showing all the bloody detail's, or an orange jump-suited figure in a cage screaming as he is burned alive. There are many other examples of isis handiwork out there. Its not rocket science to say that war is an inhuman business, but isis took it to a new level of evil.
    But now that the grand dream of the caliphate has collapsed, and the world is faced with the problem of the surviving isis fighters and their supporters and what to do with them..especially the Irish members.I don't know exactly how many have been captured or given themselves up at this point, but the Kurds and the FSA and the Amercans etc. want them repatriated to their Countries of origin. There are sound reasons for this first being that, if they are released, for sure many of them will rejoin isis again ( in whatever shape or form it presents itself in ) and possibly have to fight them all over again.so better to have them where an eye can be kept on them. I am also pretty certain that quite a few of them had become disillusioned with the Caliphate.. the reality of promised land did not quite match up to the reality, and so some would renounce it. The rest would need to be monitored. ( as would the Irish girl ) But they are now being investigated by their captors....and I would not give much for the survival of any hard core isis fighters. There will still be a lot of scores to settle.
    So we should bring her home and if she has broken any international / EU or Irish law, then she should be charged and tried.in a court of Law. She has said that isis is not finished, and it is true , isis is not finished, or anything like it, but I would not hold that against her. Has she said she is still a 100% isis supporter? Her fellow isis supporter ( British one ) has made it quite clear that she is still a fully committed die hard isis member.The survivors of the Caliphate who managed to escape ( inc its leaders ) are now to be found in other Countries ( especially with bokoharam, but in Afghanistan too ) better to have her back home here in Ireland, and maybe in time to come, she could persuade other's NOT to follow the jihadi path?
    There are a lot of comments here on the Forum about Syria,,everyone has their own opinion on it, so I will be brief. War is an inhuman business... ALL side's committed atrocities ..as to who did what to whom....maybe in 10 years ( possibly more though) some one will write a definite well researched book on it. I will wait until that time to form my own opinion on the right's and wrong's of it.
    But one thing that I am certain of..the Syrian tale ( and war ) is far from over.......

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

It wouldn’t bother me if she came back, if Ireland would deal with her appropriately. But that’s never going to happen.

She will be let to live her life without any consequences if she comes back.

Can someone clarify, what crime is she actually guilty of ? Under irish law.

She also now has a child, an Irish child by merit of the fact that it’s mother was an Irish citizen at time of birth. That child has the rights of an Irish citizen. Which would include an entitlement to be in the care of its birth mother...unless social services and courts deem otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Reporter: Switching between Arabic and English, she says her husband, who is British, died two months ago. She claims she came to Syria alone and met him here

Lisa: I came alone, I came by myself. I married the man here. I don't marry before.

Reporter: But then she's asked, whether ISIS is now over

Lisa: Not over yet. Not over yet.

All the best now lisa....

• Advertisement

rogieop wrote: »
    Reporter: Switching between Arabic and English, she says her husband, who is British, died two months ago. She claims she came to Syria alone and met him here

Lisa: I came alone, I came by myself. I married the man here. I don't marry before.

Reporter: But then she's asked, whether ISIS is now over

Lisa: Not over yet. Not over yet.

All the best now lisa....[/QUOTE

But she is only telling the truth. Most of the "Top Brass" in isis ( Bagdadi for one ) are unaccounted for,,and even if they were, the very idea of isis is still very much alive. The Caliphate maybe gone, but the word has gone out world wide to continue the fight. With all means possible, explosives, guns, knives vehicles etc. It's not over yet....not by a long shot !!! Destroying the military capabilities of isis in Syria, maybe the easiest part of it... destroying the idea may prove much more difficult, and unlike the British girl who is still a 100% committed isis follower,, Lisa, has said no such thing. So for now, I will give her the benefit if the doubt, and am in favour of her returning home to Ireland.

Advertisement