Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2019 Edition)

• 28-12-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Not sure if I'm gonna get to make this thread over the next few days so I figured I'd throw it up now since it's only 3 days away til the year is over.

I finished only a couple more games than 2017, but at least I stayed true to my promise.

Games I Beat In 2018
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SONIC MANIA|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS|PLAYSTATION 4
    STEAMWORLD DIG|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    UNCHARTED 3|PLAYSTATION 4
    UNCHARTED 4|PLAYSTATION 4
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 2|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 3|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 4|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 5|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 6|NINTENDO SWITCH
    BLOODSTAINED: CURSE OF THE MOON|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FLASHBACK|NINTENDO SWITCH
    ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY|PLAYSTATION 4
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES
    ASSASSIN'S CREED II|PLAYSTATION 4
    ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD|PLAYSTATION 4
    ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS|PLAYSTATION 4
    CASTLEVANIA|NES
    SPIDER-MAN|PLAYSTATION 4
    PROTOTYPE|PLAYSTATION 4
    RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2|PLAYSTATION 4
    FINAL FIGHT|NINTENDO SWITCH
    CAPTAIN COMMANDO|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FLORENCE|ANDROID
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER|PLAYSTATION
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 2|PLAYSTATION
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 3| PLAYSTATION 2
    UNRAVEL TWO|PLAYSTATION 4

Maybe I'll actually beat Zelda and Mario in 2019 since they were the first two games I got for my Switch in Xmas 2017, ridiculous :pac:

Anyway, same ol' same ol'

Post your beaten games.
    Whether you've beaten the story/rolled credits, got 100% or got a platinum trophy/all achievements, it all counts.

Happy New Year!

Here's all the previous WGHYC threads from the past;

2013 Thread
    2014 Thread
    2015 Thread
    2016 Thread
    2017 Thread
    2018 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice

thought id get it done before new years, but twas not to be.

Anyway, Solid enough 'game' - really more of an experience, great graphics and incredible audio design, the combat was the weakest part of it, but either way, not the worst way to start 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Game: Spyro the Dragon
    Platform: PS4

1st Beaten Game of 2019
    1st Platinum of 2019
    8th Platinum Overall.

I missed this, and the series in general, growing up. Great, simple platformer.
    Not that difficult - maybe some daft mistakes here and there and the odd trial-and-error moment (especially the flying stages) but it was overall a fun 8 hour experience, even if I did space it out over 3 weeks.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SPYRO THE DRAGON|PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Metro 2033 (PC). Finished it last night on Ranger Hardcore. A decent game, but some odd design choices and the shooting mechanics weren't great. Hopefully Last Light will be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Celeste - (if the summit is the end), have few bits I want to revisit but I'm calling it complete. 16h55m + 4190 deaths, it takes a special game to test my patience like that yet continually draw me back to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Playing Evil Within 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition currently.

Will get Resident Evil 2 (2019 remake) later this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭TinCanMan

Shadow of the Colossus(PS4) - This is such a beautiful game and definitely one I will go back to again and again. Although the controls can be frustrating at times it doesn't take away from what many consider to be an all time classic, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Won a PS4 in work so playing some of the first party single player games. I finished the last of us and working thorugh Horizon Zero Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Battlefield V - PS4

Battlefield V - PS4

Spyro - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

All the games

• Advertisement

Game: OutRun (SEGA Ages)
    Platform: Nintendo Switch

Wasn't gonna put this up as "beaten" since it's just an arcade racer. But I did go through all routes and I unlocked everything in the game, and HLTB regards it as "beatable" so I'm doing the same.

I loved OutRun way more than I think I should have. Reminded me of the old Super Hang-On games.

Can't go wrong for €7

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SPYRO THE DRAGON|PS4
    OUTRUN (SEGA AGES)|NINTENDO SWITCH

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smash Ultimate. At least the World of Light single player mode.

My first time really playing Smash and enjoyed it. I won't exactly be entering any tournaments any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One]

Spyro the Dragon

Very good game never played the original. Had to go back over the flying levels which were a chore as they are quite tricky due to time limit all to get every achievement in the game. As the last bonus level will not unlock until each level is 100% completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

BF5 - Xbox
    The Gardens Between 100% - Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Metro 2033 - PC
    GRIS - PC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 kevin55

Very Few of them AC series and Batman series only Actually this is the era of games where we have so many games to play and that's why Many of us cannot stick with one game to complete it in a single year!

Titanfall 2 - Had heard this was one of the best recent FPS campaigns so picked it up cheap. I wasn't disappointed. Would happily play a sequel. The wall running brought back memories of Prince of Persia.
    Loads in the Beacon level
    And one of my favourite parts, as seems to be the case for a lot of people was
    The time travel mission. It was so well done. I wouldn't mind playing more like that

Yeah that was The Beacon mission. Think I just have the first Dishonored. Still have to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DTRiot

Have yet to even pick up a controller even though January feels like its been going on for months

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One]

South Park: Stick of Truth

Brilliant game played it a few years ago on PC but still enjoyed it again. Bit annoyed I missed some of the collectibles for the achievements. Missed a Chipokamon on the space ship. I'm always the same look up guides when I'm finished the game as I do not want to ruin the game on myself and see I missed stuff. Ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Octopath Traveller for the Switch.

technically finished all 8 characters chapters and bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Finished Resi V with a mate during the week. Absolutely LOVE this game. 2nd time I’ve completed it. 360 first time and PS4 this time.

Didn’t play the prologue the first one and damn that’s a nostalgia buzz. Entering the mansion was so cool.

Honestly one of the best coop games I’ve ever played. Had so much fun both times.

Gonna go back and play Resi 1 HD remake now before 2 inevitably goes down in price in a few months.

Game: Detroit: Become Human

David Cage does it again.
    It reminded me how much I loved Heavy Rain 10 years ago.

This was a rollercoaster of a game - stressful, emotional, intense and exciting. I would have definitely had this as one of my games of the year in 2018 if I played it then, even though I bought it as a Xmas present to myself.

I needed something to distract me from my grief. This helped me through the week, despite its bleak story. I usually forget how I feel when playing a lot of games, but I'll never forget my time playing this. If you're a fan of strong storytelling in your games, give this a hard go.
    If you're familiar with Indigo Prophecy (Farenheit), Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls (all written by David Cage) then you'll feel at home with this. It's probably his best work.

Fantastic game.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SPYRO THE DRAGON|PLAYSTATION 4
    DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN|PLAYSTATION 4

Battlefield V - PS4
    Spyro - PS4

Red faction - PS4

Game: Resident Evil 2

Very scary game but I honestly do not think it's as scary as everyone is making it out to be. No... no it's terrifying. Playing it on my own now without anyone with me, with 7.1 VSS headphones on... no, I'm scared now :pac:

Regardless this is by far the best RE title I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Looking forward to doing another playthrough during the week.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SPYRO THE DRAGON|PLAYSTATION 4
    DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN|PLAYSTATION 4
    RESIDENT EVIL 2|PLAYSTATION 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shadow of the tombraider - ps4

I enjoyed it but not a patch on rise, even the Tom'bs weren't all that enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭TinCanMan

Shadow of the Colossus remake PS4
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves remastered PS4

Finished New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe for Nintendo Switch. Never owned a Wii U so picked it up and jaysus I found it hard! Maybe I'm just getting worse at games with less time playing but. A lot of fun but probably not near my top 3 of the franchise.

Also finished Limbo after buying it on PC 5 years ago and not touching it. Huge regret from me, it was an amazing game

God of War - another very enjoyable game. Again, I wouldn't be the best so tended to avoid the more powerful enemies where possible.
    Wow, these credits are long

• Advertisement
Advertisement