Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bombs kill dozens in Egypt

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'd say theyll have to lay on some whopper security for the pope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Luggnuts

All very good points....VERY good points.

The one I would question is this and that is.....did it ever occur that an atheist might conduct such attacks?

Just because one comes from a "Muslim" country ought not suggest that their actions are in the name of Islam. It IS quite possible that a non-Muslim can plant a bomb out of pure hatred and/or fury, no?

After all, I would hazard that most if not all Rangers fans who have attacked a Celtic "Tim" or vice versa have never spent a second on a church in the 20 years prior to their virulence.

What makes one say that an Egyptian or a Libyan who goes ballistic is a Muslim?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Luggnuts wrote: »
    All very good points....VERY good points.

The one I would question is this and that is.....did it ever occur that an atheist might conduct such attacks?

Just because one comes from a "Muslim" country ought not suggest that their actions are in the name of Islam. It IS quite possible that a non-Muslim can plant a bomb out of pure hatred and/or fury, no?

After all, I would hazard that most if not all Rangers fans who have attacked a Celtic "Tim" or vice versa have never spent a second on a church in the 20 years prior to their virulence.

What makes one say that an Egyptian or a Libyan who goes ballistic is a Muslim?

Anything is possible but it hasn't turned out that way yet, has it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I saw a YouTube video a while ago in which they demonstrated how 'normal' people were in Iraq by showing that they had mobile phones, had Facebook accounts and liked memes.

It's somewhat disturbing that this is the kind of nonsense they think will make people in the Western world relate to them. Because they post Gangam Style videos on their Facebook page they're not a bunch of terrorists any more apparently.

I can't find the video but it was on a terrible channel called Vox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Ah but there is an equivalency. You must not have heard about the Corkman who will probably die in prison because he refused to pay a bribe and as a result had a tiny piece of marijuana planted in his luggage the second time it was searched. (not the first time)

https://www.joe.ie/news/video-this-irishman-has-been-wrongly-sentenced-to-12-years-in-a-philippines-jail-504548

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-government-refusing-help-cork-man-philippines-drugs-2996335-Oct2016/

There is a huge sound of crickets chirping from the Oireachtas and media with regard to Eanna which is an extremely sharp contrast to the deference to Islam (apparently not learning anything from the past deference to Catholicism) and mock outrage they express with regard to a man holding an Egyptian passport who went to support the Muslim brotherhood and start an argument with the government of a foreign country. Halawa went to Egypt as an Egyptian and as a Muslim to subvert and protest against its government. He did not go as an Irishman. Anyone using an Irish passport as cover to interfere in the affairs of a foreign country is disrespecting what it stands for, its neutrality and doesnt deserve to hold it in my opinion

This thread is not about Irish lads locked up in another country, of which you keep giving examples of.

This post is still NOT equivilent to why you think less attention is given to atrocities in certain countries vs another.

You just came here to give out about Halawa because it says "Egypt" in the title.

You have provided equivilancy to a topic and post YOU brought up yourself that has NO bearing in the thread topic.

If you cant recognise that then fcuk, I cant be talking to ya but I agree completely about Halawa but save it for his thread in Politics as it has mothing to do with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Christian Copts in Egypt are being picked off by local Muslims and unfortunately if you are christian you won't get help by western countries. Possibly it would be racist, who knows anymore.

I doubt all attacks are by IS linked muslims.

Christians' Homes Torched by Muslim Mob in Egypt as Warning Not to Build New Church
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/300-muslims-torch-coptic-christians-homes-in-egypt-as-warning-not-to-build-new-church-166129/

In post-Arab Spring Egypt, Muslim attacks on Christians are rising
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/in-post-arab-spring-egypt-muslim-attacks-on-christians-are-rising/2016/11/13/f50a18e2-84fc-11e6-b57d-dd49277af02f_story.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22 white devil

What goes around comes around, it seems.

Username checks out, you absolute scumbag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Wow...how long were you waiting to post this? You need therapy.

12 posts since 2015 and many of them anti Muslim. Who are you really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement