Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's funny I have him set up from a previous playthrough so I'm afraid to change anything in case it's important. I have the grog nozzle in one hand and the harold in the other, my mod regenerates bullets I have better damage ones but know this is important.
    I have the bee shield but think I only equipped it because it took me ages to get (now that I think of it I think I spent ages getting many of them) Money Shot is in the skill tree 'cos every now and then the sound goes BLAM BLAM BLAM and enemies disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone on PC want to drop nice guns for me? I just bought this recently after clearing it on Xbox years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone on PC want to drop nice guns for me? I just bought this recently after clearing it on Xbox years ago.

What level are you?

I am power leveling someone in Pyro Petes Bar, I getting level 50 drops.

he went from 1 to 15 in about 40 minutes :)

You need Torques DLC.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What level are you?

I am power leveling someone in Pyro Petes Bar, I getting level 50 drops.

he went from 1 to 15 in about 40 minutes :)

You need Torques DLC.

That's how the lads boosted my 2nd character back on Xbox :pac:

I'd just started a new Siren character and beat Flynt. Have all the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've boosted characters by myself by just putting them somewhere out of the way then taking down BUNK3R repeatedly. Could get great loot for my higher-level character and the junior character was safe at the entrance. Could pretty easily spam BUNK3R too from a safe spot so he never gave much trouble.

• Advertisement

Pistols are really where it's at with sal. Even starting out without the big ticket gear you can spec into money shot and stuff that keeps you zerking. Class mod to boost money shot. Divergent likeness, filled to the brim to bring the mag size of a pistol up to the minimum 10 required for money shot to proc. Theres more you need to spec into but those are ones you can get to early enough.

I used the grog nozzle from the Tiny Tina DLC but to keep that you can't finish the quest, Moxxi's Ruby is a good alternative and they should be slag variety. I use these off had for healing and the Harold for damage. When money shot starts to proc you can get serious chains off it with a class mod that adds in my case +6 to it. Money shot is the only thing I'm benefiting from on the class mod (it's a blue one with 2 skill boosts) and it's so effective that it wipes the floor with even the legendary ones that boost 5 skills for 5 points each as I don't think any of them add to money shot. All the while you are zerking as long as there is something to kill.

That's how the lads boosted my 2nd character back on Xbox :pac:

I'd just started a new Siren character and beat Flynt. Have all the DLC.

Are you just aiming for level 30? Not sure how long it would take in Petes but 1 to 15 was fairly quick.

edit just did tier 3 on my own with 10 seconds left.

What's with level 30 I have several at 72 and don't they got to OP 7 or something?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What's with level 30 I have several at 72 and don't they got to OP 7 or something?

Yeah you can start a new character at level 30 now. OP levels only kick in at cap so right now at 72 you are walking around with basically level 80 gear if you were previously at OP8. OP levels have to be done again once you hit 80. I think the OP level on the gear will reduce as you level up but stats will stay the same was my reading on it.

EDIT: Just tested it, hit 73 and my gear is now OP7

Are you just aiming for level 30? Not sure how long it would take in Petes but 1 to 15 was fairly quick.

edit just did tier 3 on my own with 10 seconds left.

Was just going to try the new DLC but after only getting it on PC I'm only low level and have no decent gear.

• Advertisement

Was just going to try the new DLC but after only getting it on PC I'm only low level and have no decent gear.

kdjac on steam, be on shortly and I run pyro petes a few times.

kdjac on steam, be on shortly and I run pyro petes a few times.

Thanks for that. Probably be 8 before I can get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Quit the game and pick "select character" from the main menu. You can jump straight to the DLC from there.

Started BL2 up again last night. Turns out I never got any of my characters up to Lvl72. I have a Sal at 62, another at 61 and a Krieg at around 50. I guess I got my Sal maxed out when the cap was 61 and then just did a few missions after when it was raised again to 72.

Now I'm half tempted to go full-bore into another playthrough. Might do the Fight for Sanctuary at least and see where that gets me to. Maybe then just some of the DLC rather than the full story mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If anyone is looking for a play through of the BL2 New DLC I will be up for a run this evening on PS4, also if you want/need to level a Character I can sort that aswell ;)

Played the first 2 chapters of the DLC and it seems better than the pre-sequel. I laughed at some of the character interactions and the gameplay was good, I may have become distracted by the shiny new textures on my gun following the 4K update but I was enthused.

One issue is that everything that drops is comparatively crap but this is to be expected two chapters in and all the grinding I did on the character. It is counter intuitive though on a loot based shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just started BL2 from the start again last night, and I have to echo what was said above, it looks stunning with the 4K texture pack. Does not look like a game that came out 7 years ago! Feels fresh, and even though I'm still working my way towards Flint I'm already hooked again. Don't think Days Gone will get another look now though, and I never actually played the DLC so loads to look forward to. Going with Sal this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just played the first hour of the B2 DLC. This is great! Really enjoying it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just a heads up for anyone playing through the new DLC in BL2, in the Shooting for the stars mission you meet up with Brick along the way to get past a section, if your game bombs out or you leave the level brick disappears and you cannot progress any further which is a disaster. Gearbox say do a co-op with someone else on the mission to sort it out but I guess I'm stuck and cant go any further at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I had no idea there was HD textures for the BL2 until I read this...... So new and shiny....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I had no idea there was HD textures for the BL2 until I read this...... So new and shiny....
    I found out the hard way when there was nobody online because that update broke crossplay.

Playing the DLC got me in a Borderlands mood so I started playing a few random side missions from the Tiny Tina DLC that I never completed. Did the Prince Jeffrey one :D. Had read about it but never actually played it. Also did one mission which was awful though, skeletons who fry your shield in one hit and keep disappearing after every hit meaning if you get into FFYL it's nearly impossible to get a kill.

Also said I'd try take on Terramorphus solo, as the mission was showing as Level 56 and I'm Lvl64. Sure enough, Terramorphus himself was Lvl66, and both times I tried he knocked me right off the side of the arena with his first hit. Forgot he was such a dick.

Have to say I'm excited for BL3 alright. The Lilith DLC was a good return to form after The Pre-Sequel (which was kinda disappointing and bland).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I found the pre-sequel a good scratch for the itch, but was never permanent. Played it through and finished it, but never maxed characters or really bothered replaying it too much.

I found the pre-sequel a good scratch for the itch, but was never permanent. Played it through and finished it, but never maxed characters or really bothered replaying it too much.

Yeah same here. I think I played through it three times (twice as Athena to get her to Lvl50, once as Jack's Double, and I think a bit of Claptrap). It had almost all the ingredients, but it just felt so flat and boring. The humour didn't work at all (I'm sure it was probably hilarious in Australia), the level design was bland (the trouble with setting the entire game on a Moon and in a space station), the enemies were quite bland with not a lot of interesting variation, and some of the side characters were extremely irritating (F*ck you, Pickle. F*ck you. You don't use cockney rhyming slang, and then say the word you're using cockney rhyming slang for right after it).

The Oz mechanic was annoying at the start too, and the only really good thing the game introduced was the Butt-slam, which in fairness was a great addition. Claptrap's action skill for the bit I played as him was fun but I couldn't see myself taking it through the whole story given its randomness.

It's a game that's worth playing for people who loved BL2, but not worth sinking a lot of hours into or repeated playthroughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Penn wrote: »
    ...The Oz mechanic was annoying at the start too...

Unless you started with claptrap and didnt really bother with the rest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The pre-sequel is underrated I reckon, the humour and accents are class, not being generic American accents is such a huge and enjoyable difference in a game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Currently occasionally playing through the new DLC. Looks like plants will be a main thing in B3.

I'm splitting my time between Crash Team Racing and playing bits of Borderlands 2 again. Spent a while last night farming The Warrior for a Conference Call, as it seems to be the best way to solo the new raid boss in the DLC.

Firstly, since when does killing The Warrior not grant a Second Wind. At least twice I was in FFYL when I hit a killing shot on TW and still died anyway. Didn't make too much of an issue as could still go collect the loot, just annoying. And secondly, the drop rate for any legendary from him seems to be shocking. I only got two legendaries out of maybe 20 kills.

Have switched to the Bar Brawl in Torgues DLC to try farm a new DPUH from a Torgue machine, as my current two are a bit under levelled at this stage.

• Advertisement

Currently occasionally playing through the new DLC. Looks like plants will be a main thing in B3.

I think they might be on one planet, but I think you visit many different planets in BL3 so I imagine they'll all have different main types of enemies.

Advertisement