Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Defence forces Recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BaBaYaGa

Anyone still waiting from the 2018 recruitment competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bud1999!

BaBaYaGa wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting from the 2018 recruitment competition?

Starting 19 March - got email last week. Have u heard anything?

Bud1999! wrote: »
    Starting 19 March - got email last week. Have u heard anything?

Nope haven’t heard anything just got a standard email from manpower when I asked if there was any progress with my application... did you get gormanstown?

uote="BaBaYaGa;109501135"]Nope haven’t heard anything just got a standard email from manpower when I asked if there was any progress with my application... did you get gormanstown?[/quote]

Yea Gormanstown . When did u apply? Any idea what the training wage is ?

uote="BaBaYaGa;109501135"]Nope haven’t heard anything just got a standard email from manpower when I asked if there was any progress with my application... did you get gormanstown?

Yea Gormanstown . When did u apply? Any idea what the training wage is ?[/quote]

I applied at the beginning of 2018, passed everything even got an email stating the Garda vetting was completed back in August 2018.
    As for the wages have a look here:
    http://military.ie/en/careers/defence-forces-rates-of-pay/
    Keep in mind the money is not great and a lot of people complain but if you put the effort in I’m sure it will pay off just get in get the training done and get on what ever courses you can to get up the ranks when there doing promotions :’)... but don’t listen to anyone’s opinions of the army because some will hate it and some will love it you just gotta do it for yourself and see what you think don’t be a sheep I saw in other posts people asking about the money f that man ask about the opportunities and try get something that will benefit you if anything ever happened and your back working in civilian jobs especially with a lot of people leaving with low ranks and no experience once the recession is back they will be crying about leaving.

• Advertisement

I applied at the beginning of 2018, passed everything even got an email stating the Garda vetting was completed back in August 2018.
    Keep in mind the money is not great and a lot of people complain but if you put the effort in I’m sure it will pay off just get in get the training done and get on what ever courses you can to get up the ranks when there doing promotions :’)... but don’t listen to anyone’s opinions of the army because some will hate it and some will love it you just gotta do it for yourself and see what you think don’t be a sheep I saw in other posts people asking about the money f that man ask about the opportunities and try get something that will benefit you if anything ever happened and your back working in civilian jobs especially with a lot of people leaving with low ranks and no experience once the recession is back they will be crying about leaving.[/quote]

You’re right. Hope you hear back soon. I applied round same time as you. Was barracks are u hoping for? Maybe it’s to do with that - waiting to get enough recruits for certain platoon

Keep in mind the money is not great and a lot of people complain but if you put the effort in I’m sure it will pay off just get in get the training done and get on what ever courses you can to get up the ranks when there doing promotions :’)... but don’t listen to anyone’s opinions of the army because some will hate it and some will love it you just gotta do it for yourself and see what you think don’t be a sheep I saw in other posts people asking about the money f that man ask about the opportunities and try get something that will benefit you if anything ever happened and your back working in civilian jobs especially with a lot of people leaving with low ranks and no experience once the recession is back they will be crying about leaving.[/quote]

I’d email them and ask can they indicate are you still in the recruitment competition as you are still waiting

Keep in mind the money is not great and a lot of people complain but if you put the effort in I’m sure it will pay off just get in get the training done and get on what ever courses you can to get up the ranks when there doing promotions :’)... but don’t listen to anyone’s opinions of the army because some will hate it and some will love it you just gotta do it for yourself and see what you think don’t be a sheep I saw in other posts people asking about the money f that man ask about the opportunities and try get something that will benefit you if anything ever happened and your back working in civilian jobs especially with a lot of people leaving with low ranks and no experience once the recession is back they will be crying about leaving.

I’d email them and ask can they indicate are you still in the recruitment competition as you are still waiting[/quote]

I’m still in the competition I emailed them a few weeks back. I’d say it’s just a matter of time or like you said finding enough people to fill a recruit platoon, good luck though man enjoy it.

Anyone still waiting to hear back from 2018 recruitment :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishguy177

Anyone still waiting to hear back from 2018 recruitment :/

Yeah I'm still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 RyanCork003

Im starting in limerick barracks on tuesday i applied october of last year me and 47 others for 1 brigade no idea about 2nd brigade there is another platoon going into kilkenny end of next month incase ye are wondering thats all i know best of luck lads.

Im starting in limerick barracks on tuesday i applied october of last year me and 47 others for 1 brigade no idea about 2nd brigade there is another platoon going into kilkenny end of next month incase ye are wondering thats all i know best of luck lads.

Man I applied at the beginning of 2018 passed everything last I heard was I passed the medical that was August 2018 and not a peep since, starting to grow tiresome with the waiting now.

Good luck with training man enjoy every moment hopefully I’ll hear soon enough or it’s onto the next thing

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gct

Hopefully someone can help with this. been called up for fitness test and interview on 8th May in Collins barracks in Cork. The thing is I'm from Dublin. Can I rearrange to do the test in Dublin? If I do the fitness test and interview in Cork does that mean I will be enlisted in the Southern Brigade (1st brigade) if successful? I was hoping to join the eastern brigade (2nd brigade) I may have messed up on My original application and picked 1st instead of 2nd brigade. Doh!

gct wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can help with this. been called up for fitness test and interview on 8th May in Collins barracks in Cork. The thing is I'm from Dublin. Can I rearrange to do the test in Dublin? If I do the fitness test and interview in Cork does that mean I will be enlisted in the Southern Brigade (1st brigade) if successful? I was hoping to join the eastern brigade (2nd brigade) I may have messed up on My original application and picked 1st instead of 2nd brigade. Doh!

Best thing to do would be to contact manpower 1st brigade and explain what happened I’m sure they might see that happening often enough. Also try contact manpower in Cathal Brugha they might give you another date but I wouldn’t know soo best thing would be to ask those who would :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

Anyone know how long it takes to get the Psychometric test email?

I applied on April 2nd when the rolling recruitment started. Still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Murty2224

Anyone know how long it takes to get the Psychometric test email?

I applied on April 2nd when the rolling recruitment started. Still waiting

Well man.. i only applied like 5-6 days ago and i got my psychometric test yesterday. I have it done and sent away already. I dunno why you would still be waiting since then. Id probably get on to them or something.

Yeah I got mine on Tuesday there. Must have been a general email for all the April applicants.

Yeah I got mine on Tuesday there. Must have been a general email for all the April applicants.

Happy days! Any idea when we will hear about the fitness and interview?

Deadline for the psychometric test is the 15th so hopefully we will have dates for the fitness test and interview by the end of May. Might take a bit longer if they are processing Cadetship applications at the same time

Deadline for the psychometric test is the 15th so hopefully we will have dates for the fitness test and interview by the end of May. Might take a bit longer if they are processing Cadetship applications at the same time

Yeah i suppose. Hopefully it'll be soon enough and pass everything and be in for September! Any ideas what barracks are taking in recruits? I know kilkenny have a platoon starting 4th of june or something.

• Advertisement

I’m not sure what the craic is with the recruit platoons later in the year. I live up North so I don’t know too many DF members. I’d say March’s applicants will be ahead of us in terms of preference. What Brigade did you apply for?

I’m not sure what the craic is with the recruit platoons later in the year. I live up North so I don’t know too many DF members. I’d say March’s applicants will be ahead of us in terms of preference. What Brigade did you apply for?

Yeah i suppose they will, it depends how they done in the psychometric test though, theres different levels to where you are put if u pass, if u done good youll be put to the top of the list and if u done just ok you'd be in the middle like. Brigade 1.. wbu man?

I might have given the psychometric test a bit more effort if I knew it was relevant in the later stages of the recruitment process. I applied for 2nd Brigade. I think our fitness and interview is in Cathal Brugha from what I've heard.

I might have given the psychometric test a bit more effort if I knew it was relevant in the later stages of the recruitment process. I applied for 2nd Brigade. I think our fitness and interview is in Cathal Brugha from what I've heard.

Yeah it gives you the edge on getting in quicker.. alright. Id say were different so, we probably will hear at different times, think the fitness test for brigade 1 is in Cork.

I applied a few years ago and got to the fitness test and interview but decided to go to college instead. The fitness test email came 13 days after the Psychometric test deadline according to my emails.

I applied a few years ago and got to the fitness test and interview but decided to go to college instead. The fitness test email came 13 days after the Psychometric test deadline according to my emails.

Oh right okay.. did ya finish out college? Alright sure should be soon enough then

Murty2224 wrote: »
    Oh right okay.. did ya finish out college? Alright sure should be soon enough then

Yeah, didn't really want to be there but I stuck it out and I'm about to graduate in July. If its anything to go on for General service, there 25 days between the deadline of the Army Cadetship Psychometric tests and the beginning their fitness tests.

Yeah, didn't really want to be there but I stuck it out and I'm about to graduate in July. If its anything to go on for General service, there 25 days between the deadline of the Army Cadetship Psychometric tests and the beginning their fitness tests.

Jasus not so bad man.. so another month then man.. ill let u know if i get an email from them. Sorry for late reply.. was flat out working all week.

No worries man I was the same. I'd like to think we will hear back within the next two weeks for the general service emails. I did the Cadetship Psychometric test as well there so I'm waiting on both of them getting back to me.

• Advertisement

No worries man I was the same. I'd like to think we will hear back within the next two weeks for the general service emails. I did the Cadetship Psychometric test as well there so I'm waiting on both of them getting back to me.

Yeah i hope we hear soon enough.. i know one of the lads a year ago heard 10 days after the deadline of the psychometric test. Awh grand, hope u pass them both man!

Advertisement