Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2019 - General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

14 days for us here to watch the replays. Sky really have tied now the rights.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

riggerman wrote: »
    14 days for us here to watch the replays. Sky really have tied now the rights.

There are ways to subscribe to the full version in Ireland and get full product.
    I am looking forward to watching the races on Sky F1 4K with Atmos sound and using the iPad to track Vettel and also tune into the dedicated pitlane channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Inviere

TCP/IP wrote: »
    There are ways to subscribe to the full version in Ireland and get full product.
    I am looking forward to watching the races on Sky F1 4K with Atmos sound and using the iPad to track Vettel and also tune into the dedicated pitlane channel.

No doubt it's a fine product, it's damn near extortionate to pay for though. Particularly for those of us who only want to have access to F1, the problem being you need to buy access to a huge amount of other channels that aren't remotely of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Inviere wrote: »
    No doubt it's a fine product, it's damn near extortionate to pay for though. Particularly for those of us who only want to have access to F1, the problem being you need to buy access to a huge amount of other channels that aren't remotely of interest.

Probably been discussed already but

A way around that is to just pay for the sky sports mobile TV app... Its like 14€ a month for all the sports channels with no contract.

Could be a solution to people who don't want to/cant sign up to Sky tv although I don't know what the stream quality is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Rossi IRL wrote: »

A way around that is to just pay for the sky sports mobile TV app... Its like 14€ a month for all the sports channels with no contract.

Could be a solution to people who don't want to/cant sign up to Sky tv although I don't know what the stream quality is like.

You can't cast to screen. Will only work on a phone.

But you can use your three pay as you go credit to purchase a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

recyclebin wrote: »
    You can't cast to screen. Will only work on a phone.
    Next to useless so. Even if I was inclined to sell my soul to sky, I don't even have the option. Not available in my apartment block :mad:

Rossi IRL wrote: »

And watch F1 on a phone? Not a hope. If you could cast it I'd be interested, but alas it seems you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

pjohnson wrote: »
    Exactly so the idea of teams calling in the second driver to solely chase the fastest lap is extremely unlikely if not impossible.

It WILL absolutely happen if taking that point away from a competitor means something - as in my example, taking that one point means "nothing" for the driver taking it, but it'd let your other guy walk with a championship.

Inviere wrote: »
    And watch F1 on a phone? Not a hope. If you could cast it I'd be interested, but alas it seems you can't.

Just get a F1TV Pro subscription and with their upcoming Apple TV or Android TV app and away you go.

Just get a F1TV Pro subscription and with their upcoming Apple TV or Android TV app and away you go.

Seems the way to go ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    It WILL absolutely happen if taking that point away from a competitor means something - as in my example, taking that one point means "nothing" for the driver taking it, but it'd let your other guy walk with a championship.

Then it just becomes a case of team orders. F1 is a team sport and team orders are legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Bit late, but if anyone is interested I'm going to set the fantasy league we had on superbru last year, again this year

Fantasy League
    https://www.superbru.com/f1fantasy/pool.php?p=12013782

Predictor League
    https://www.superbru.com/f1/pool.php?p=12013783

Or Just Join both, I'll try to make it a more interesting or rewarding year this year if we have enough people

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Bit late, but if anyone is interested I'm going to set the fantasy league we had on superbru last year, again this year

Fantasy League
    https://www.superbru.com/f1fantasy/pool.php?p=12013782

Predictor League
    https://www.superbru.com/f1/pool.php?p=12013783

Or Just Join both, I'll try to make it a more interesting or rewarding year this year if we have enough people

There is also "Boards.ie Motorsport" fantasy league on fantasy.formula1.com

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Any chance you can PM me the details to get the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

recyclebin wrote: »
    There is also "Boards.ie Motorsport" fantasy league on fantasy.formula1.com

Have you got a link to that one?
    Can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Any clues for someone who hasnt played before? Re. Formula1.com version

antodeco wrote: »
    Any chance you can PM me the details to get the above?

The Apple TV and Andriod apps have not been released yet but they have committed to deliver them this year and I would expect them very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭useless

Cool_CM wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying it, excellent way to get ready for next week. Horner comes across as a complete knob, Steiner is hilarious!

I thought Abiteboul came across as an even bigger knob tbh :) I never knew Hulkenberg and Magnusson hated each other as much either. Great series. Well worth a binge before the new season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

useless wrote: »
    I thought Abiteboul came across as an even bigger knob tbh :) I never knew Hulkenberg and Magnusson hated each other as much either. Great series. Well worth a binge before the new season starts.

Just starting watching it today myself. Must say its really good. Netfliks have done a very good job making it. Really nice to see some of the things that happen in the background like Riccardo trying to decide what to do next or the Haas team and others as they got ready for Melbourne and after they had there feck up in the pitstops etc.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 23,793 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Very sad news, RIP Charlie, the man who frequently kept his head when all around lost theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Just read it on Christian Horner's Instagram. Shocked. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

That's sad, rip

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Shocking news to wake up to.
    Looks as though they do have a deputy to keep things rolling for the weekend however.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just read it on BBC sport, shocked by that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

That's really sad. One of those ever present characters in the paddock with a proper F1 pedigree.
    Serious downer for the season opener and he'll be a very hard man to replace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jesus, that's shocking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement