Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You Ireland!

• 09-11-2018 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have just returned home from 9 weeks of traveling in Ireland and just wanted to say thank you for making it one of my best travel experiences yet. You all have graciously allowed me to be a guest in your beautiful home for over 2 months, and your kindness and hospitality has absolutely amazed me, and I am just so grateful. I initially planned to only stay 3 weeks at most, but after having so much fun (and meeting a girl haha) I couldn’t help but want to stay longer. Anyways, it was an amazing experience and I just wanted to give my sincerest thank you for showing me a wonderful time during my stay as a guest in your country!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

That's lovely - thanks for sharing!

You arrived for lovely autumn weather too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Such a positive post. Mmmmm.

The OP is legit, definitely not from around these parts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

I honestly thought it was a sarcastic 'Thank you' when I read the title.
    How lovely to see such a positive post. Thank you OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheTravelLife

No sarcasm. I had a blast! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

You’re most welcome. Come back anytime !!
    No sarcasm. I had a blast! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

johnire wrote: »
    You’re most welcome. Come back anytime !!

Tell your friends.
    We're are you from?

Tatranska, I am American

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I have just returned home from 9 weeks of traveling in Ireland and just wanted to say thank you for making it one of my best travel experiences yet. You all have graciously allowed me to be a guest in your beautiful home for over 2 months, and your kindness and hospitality has absolutely amazed me, and I am just so grateful. I initially planned to only stay 3 weeks at most, but after having so much fun (and meeting a girl haha) I couldn’t help but want to stay longer. Anyways, it was an amazing experience and I just wanted to give my sincerest thank you for showing me a wonderful time during my stay as a guest in your country!

What a beautiful post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Where did you go, what was your highlights and lowlights. Would like to hear some more about your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,915 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nice to hear this from someone, sometimes on this site you'd think Ireland was the worst place in the world to live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Great post - thanks for sharing and delighted you had a good experience.

Where did you go, what was your highlights and lowlights. Would like to hear some more about your trip.

I spent my first 10 days just walking about in Dublin, really. I did a lot of what I’m sure every tourist does. I went to see the Castle and the Guinness storehouse, but mostly I just walked around and met people, tried different restaurants and pubs.

After that I caught busses and rented cars, and made my way around to the rock of Cashel, Limerick, I spent a fair amount of time in Cork.

There were a lot of highlights everywhere I went but I don’t want to write a book about it all here. Suffice to say I’d love to come back to Ireland again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I was the girl you met and I am pregnant.
    Where are you now.

tretorn wrote: »
    I was the girl you met and I am pregnant.
    Where are you now.

Lol. Oh boy, here we go...

Advertisement