Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Elliex wrote: »
    Hey all...only down a half this week :( really thought it should have been more as i stayed within weeklys etc and exersized 4 days! Just a quick question tho.. i get weighed on a Tue evening @ 6pm and i dont drink any water, however i will still eat the same, like weetabix in the morn and pitta for lunch with fruit etc, should i be eating lighter on a WI day?

I think just trying to keep it the around the same each week just like the clothes you wear should cover that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Well done to all who had weight loss this week!

Trying to stick with the pointing everything - was out for lunch today and had a toasted wrap with some curly fries so this is what I'm guessing as the points but if anyone can correct any that they think look too high/low then it'd be great if you could let me know. Going to make some veg soup now to finish the day off on a healthier note.

Wrap - 6pp
    Sundried tomato - 3pp
    Parma ham - 4pp
    Cheese - 7pp
    Curly Fries - 7pp

So thats 28pp just for lunch :eek:
    But I have 31 a day, and might head out for a walk shortly to earn a few extras. Had weetbix this morning so with milk thats 5 points.

If I just have soup and a piece of bread this evening that'll bring me up to around 35, so 4 over. If I go for a 40 min walk I should 'earn' those 4 back....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

sillysocks wrote: »
    Well done to all who had weight loss this week!

Trying to stick with the pointing everything - was out for lunch today and had a toasted wrap with some curly fries so this is what I'm guessing as the points but if anyone can correct any that they think look too high/low then it'd be great if you could let me know. Going to make some veg soup now to finish the day off on a healthier note.

Wrap - 6pp
    Sundried tomato - 3pp
    Parma ham - 4pp
    Cheese - 7pp
    Curly Fries - 7pp

So thats 28pp just for lunch :eek:
    But I have 31 a day, and might head out for a walk shortly to earn a few extras. Had weetbix this morning so with milk thats 5 points.

If I just have soup and a piece of bread this evening that'll bring me up to around 35, so 4 over. If I go for a 40 min walk I should 'earn' those 4 back....

Would sound about right to me,but its 27 pp when you add it up, that 1 pp could come in handy tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Off to body combat now to earn a whopping 15pp

Wow 15 pp for body combat us pretty impressive!

Thanks m'lady....forgot to add I had sone ketchup so that was the one extra point! Soup is boiling away now so at least I can have that this eve and for the next few lunches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Down 4 this week after 2 weeks of staying the same(was bold lucky not to put up)
    making it 21 since Jan so I am a very happy bunny this week

I find the weeks I track are the weeks I lose big:D:D:D:D

Well done to every one who lost this week and stick wiyh anyoine who didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Wow 15 pp for body combat us pretty impressive!

Thanks m'lady....forgot to add I had sone ketchup so that was the one extra point! Soup is boiling away now so at least I can have that this eve and for the next few lunches.

Yeah it's like kick boxing very high intensity but great feelin once your done 

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Got my 1st Silver 7 after 4weeks! I'm delighted! It has been a busy few weeks with a confirmation, a few meals out with friends, my birthday, mothers day and my daughter's b'day party. I've enjoyed every event with few drinks and have used all (and sometimes more) of my weeklies but have still managed to lose weight each week. My weigh in is on Thurs so any "damage" that I do over the weekend I have undone by going to the gym and eating carefully from Mon-Thurs. People are commenting that I've lost weight so it gives me great encouragement to keep going.

I got fed up making soup- chopping/peeling vegetables, making a bit pot and then throwing it out because I made too much + it wasnt that nice frown.gifAnyway, today I tried the Cully +Scully Chicken&Veg soup, it was delicious,really filling + I pointed it at 4points for the whole carton. It was far less hassle and much nicer than making my own-well worth the 4 points.

Good luck everyone over the week end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just been pointing 9inch pizza's on 4 star pizza :D Cajun Chicken Pizza...the whole thig is 16pp.....thats a freaking bargain for take out! Ther 7inch (personal size) is only 12pp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The other half is making chilli with rice. Need to use some of my weeklies for it but judging by the smell coming from the kitchen, it'll be worth it :)

• Advertisement

4 Star Pizza

CHEESE CLASSIC – 7INCH – 10pp
    CHEESE CLASSIC – 9INCH – 15pp

CAJUN CHICKEN DELUXE - 7 INCH – 12pp
    CAJUN CHICKEN DELUXE - 9 INCH – 16pp

HAWAIIAN CLASSIC – 7 INCH – 12pp
    HAWAIIAN CLASSIC – 9INCH – 21pp

VEGETARIAN – 7INCH – 13pp
    VEGETARIAN- 9INCH - 21pp

CRISPY BACON DELUXE – 7INCH – 13pp
    CRISPY BACON DELUXE – 9INCH – 22pp

AMERICAN CLASSIC – 7INCH – 17pp
    AMERICAN CLASSIC – 9INCH – 30pp

MANHATTAN CLASSIC – 7INCH – 19pp
    MANHATTAN CLASSIC – 9INCH – 31pp

Wow such a big difference between the lowest and highest pointed pizza!
    A plain cheese for 15 pp is a bargain, I'd almost use that many pp on a normal dinner never mind a tasty takeaway.

Wow such a big difference between the lowest and highest pointed pizza!
    A plain cheese for 15 pp is a bargain, I'd almost use that many pp on a normal dinner never mind a tasty takeaway.

and 9inch is a decent size too! its the first step up from the "peronal 7inch"

the chicken blew my mind! like thats less pp than the pizza in my freezer! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Dammit I wish there was a 4 Star near me!! Although when I order pizza I can never resist having a side too, so it's probably for the best!

Anyone have any reccomendations for low pp frozen pizzas?

Dammit I wish there was a 4 Star near me!! Although when I order pizza I can never resist having a side too, so it's probably for the best!

what i do here is, buy a fairly ok frozen pizza.
    before I cook it break it in half off the kitchen counter
    add add a few sides like dunnes chicken party pieces for example
    maybe some frozen garlic bread - also bate off the counter
    cook some - freeze some.
    a nice dip and cheaper than the takeaway - points wise and pocket wise.

another tip - go for thin base rather deep pan - big difference straight off.

another trick with the frozen pizza'a is buy a pretty basic one and add you own point controlled ingredients and trust me it it will be tailor made rapidness!!!!

Birdie086 wrote: »
    what i do here is, buy a fairly ok frozen pizza.
    before I cook it break it in half off the kitchen counter
    add add a few sides like dunnes chicken party pieces for example
    maybe some frozen garlic bread - also bate off the counter
    cook some - freeze some.
    a nice dip and cheaper than the takeaway - points wise and pocket wise.

another tip - go for thin base rather deep pan - big difference straight off.

Just double checking the points of this aldi pizza :D 9pp for half, 19 for the whole thing, I really dont want to "cook" tomorrow night.

well thats what its coming up as, the box says its 375g...but in nutritional information it says half the pizza is 156g...which would make whole pizza roughly 312g....so what i've done is used the nutritional information for 1/2 the pizza...and put down 2 portions to work out the pp value for the whole pizza.

Think i'll have 1/2 the pizza for 9pp + 100g ww chips for 5pp
    With Salad and Extra Light Mayo 1pp
    TOTAL 15pp

CARLOS: Primavera Italian Stone Baked Pizza (ALDI)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Guys is it true Dr Oetker chicken pizza is 15pp for the lot?
    One of the girls at work pointed it and said that's what it was, seems like not a lot for such a yummy pizza, considering I've been eating the ww pepperoni for 13pp!

dammitj wrote: »
    One of the girls at work pointed it and said that's what it was, seems like not a lot for such a yummy pizza, considering I've been eating the ww pepperoni for 13pp!

http://www.oetker.co.uk/oetker_uk/html/default/debi-5bxgqf.en.html

All the Ristorante nutrtional information

she might have been pointing it on the old system,
    pollo is the chicken ristorante pizza, its 10pp for half 21pp for the whole thing..............oh god all this talk of pizza...i better go to bed or i'll end up cooking one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI last night and was down 3lbs :D:D:D:D:D That's my biggest loss since Jan :D:D Couldn't believe it as had weighed myself on my scales at home & they were all over the place, showing I was up 2lbs, then down then back up - so have concluded that they need to go in the bin! Feeling very motivated today :D
    I think turkey rashers are 2 for 1pp. I could be wrong though...I left my book out in the car so can't check!

Yes, you are right, 2 turkey rashers = 1pp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

All this talk of pizza ha ha I had a WW one last night, it was ok. The hot and spicy chicken one for 12PP.

I think their frozen pepper and pepperoni one is GORGEOUS, really spicy for 13PP. Having that tomorrow as I always hate cooking on Saturday because just get back from grocery shopping and nearly always get a takeaway so going to have that.

Felt so lost not logging on here last night :( My internet is down and the NTL guy is coming Saturday morning as myself and the OH are in work all day today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Tracking religiously and exercised 3 times since Monday and earned 12 activity points according to my pedometer.

Had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and it's looking good.

Tonight is the scary part, leaving drinks for someone at work with JoBurger in Rathmines first. I'll have a wrap rather than a bun, shave off a few points to begin with! I might have a glass of wine rather than beer/cider to save a few more. I'm going to have a big but low pointed lunch today to save a few dailies, if that even covers my food I'll be happy! Vodka and diet 7up will be beverage of choice, but we're going to against the grain for drinks so I might have to have a yummy beer! Hoping I can keep control of it tonight, I've been so good this week and want to see it through. Another bad week would crucify me and I know I'm well able for this. Fingers crossed for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey
    Brilliant bout the aldi pizza will def get on the next day im there..

also had the aldi pizza perreroni baguette 7pp each i ahd the two last night and was Yummy and so worth the points:p

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So WI this morning & I'm absolutely thrilled to be down 2lbs :D also my biggest loss since Jan & I've hit the 15lb off Mark so my mini goal of getting 1st stone off is complete :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Just double checking the points of this aldi pizza :D 9pp for half, 19 for the whole thing, I really dont want to "cook" tomorrow night.

well thats what its coming up as, the box says its 375g...but in nutritional information it says half the pizza is 156g...which would make whole pizza roughly 312g....so what i've done is used the nutritional information for 1/2 the pizza...and put down 2 portions to work out the pp value for the whole pizza.

Think i'll have 1/2 the pizza for 9pp + 100g ww chips for 5pp
    With Salad and Extra Light Mayo 1pp
    TOTAL 15pp

CARLOS: Primavera Italian Stone Baked Pizza (ALDI)

Lainy where do you get WW chips???? I remember buying them YEARS ago but I actually haven't seen them in about 4 or 5 years. I always buy the Unislim ones, which I really like as they're nice and chunky, but I'd be interested in trying the WW ones again too.

I'm trying the Knorr Season & Shake tonight for dinner. Has anyone had it? I'm having the Meditteranean one, I can't remember if it's 3pp for half the pack or 3pp for the whole thing but either way not bad. I'm going to put in chicken, peppers, and sliced baby potatoes and have it all with a salad. Going to treat myself to a bag of Maltesers too, since it's Friday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

hi
    Just saw a post about breaking the garlic loaf in Half...lol:eek:

Why not try the frozen slices from Tesco in the green wrapper they are3 pp each but 2 slices for 5pp and they are very easy to seperate for portion control...I use them alot instead of bread,as at only 5pp for two slices and no need to add butter yum yum lovely treat with a bowl of free soup....

Dunnes do a lovely soup mix in the fresh food section no chopping just fry quickly in spray and add one knorr chicken stock pot and about 1.5 to 2 points water ....yum no work involved:):)

Lainy where do you get WW chips???? I remember buying them YEARS ago but I actually haven't seen them in about 4 or 5 years. I always buy the Unislim ones, which I really like as they're nice and chunky, but I'd be interested in trying the WW ones again too.

I'm trying the Knorr Season & Shake tonight for dinner. Has anyone had it? I'm having the Meditteranean one, I can't remember if it's 3pp for half the pack or 3pp for the whole thing but either way not bad. I'm going to put in chicken, peppers, and sliced baby potatoes and have it all with a salad. Going to treat myself to a bag of Maltesers too, since it's Friday night :D

got them in november in local supervalu, they dont have them anymore tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Does anyone know where might be good to get WW pizzas with propoints values on them?

It seems everywhere in Sligo just has the one type of WW pizza with the old points still on them.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where might be good to get WW pizzas with propoints values on them?

It seems everywhere in Sligo just has the one type of WW pizza with the old points still on them.

:rolleyes:

Dunnes stores do the veggie supreme (YUMMY)
    and the pepperoni ones, they are both 13pp,
    with the pp value on them, but like the old pizza's would still be perfectly good...just a matter of pointing them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement