Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Ditto to the snack-a-jacks, get the multipack in tesco too. I'm dreading this weekend! My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm having a houseparty and then saturday night I'm off out with the OH for a nice big meal. So god help me on Tuesday when the weigh in happens!!

Happy B'day for 2moro! It was my b'day last week and I was dreading the efffects of it too. I had 2meals out (one of them was a high pointed indian!), with half bottle of wine on both nights, I couldn't accurately point what I had eaten but reckon I must have been way over my weeklies. i was down 2nite at the WI + I think it was because I didnt eat much during the day before going out, I exercised 5days and stuck to the points on the other 5 days. This week is another tough one because there is a kids party on Sat, Mothers day on Sunday and another family b'day party on Wed!! I just have to keep telling myself that I want to lose weight more than I want to eat the party food. Hopefully next week I will be down again.

Enjoy your b'day, it only happens once a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Ditto to the snack-a-jacks, get the multipack in tesco too. I'm dreading this weekend! My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm having a houseparty and then saturday night I'm off out with the OH for a nice big meal. So god help me on Tuesday when the weigh in happens!!

Happy birthday!

Enjoy yourself. As my leader said to me when I was up "We're only human and if we don't let loose every now and then we'll never stick to it." And she's right. You can be careful all the other days and not go totally overboard for your birthday but make sure you enjoy yourself and don't be stressing about food and points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Monife wrote: »
    Hiya, a few people have mentioned making pizza with wraps, one thing i was wondering, is it not really really flat and nothing like pizza?

I have to agree with you. I made it once with a wrap & thought it was too flat. I prefer to make one with mini naans. 2 WW mini naans (6pp) with 15g light cheddar grated (1pp) & loads of free veg toppings with a side salad make a really filling meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

just wondering does anyone have any idea for a decent thing to eat out? in Italian or Indian? i seen somethings but said i would ask the ladies and gents with experience...

also i mainly drink Coors lite ... is that 4 pp per bottle?
    my other love is vodka, soda and dash of lime...would that be 3pp or do i need to count for the soda and cordial?

thanks k

Well done on your loss, half a pound closer to your goal! :)
    Indian - http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html
    Drinks - http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/whats-point.html

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Whats the best bet in a chinese it used to be sweetcorn soup and chow mein with pp im not so sure
    Asked leader last night and she didn't no..... doesn't eat chinese apparently.....
    SO NOT HELPFUL:eek:

:) Chinese - http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html

Edit - Didn't read the next post.. DOH! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

llbb wrote: »
    GOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLL :)

Got my last 2lb off so hit goal today - over the moon :P

Not sure what to do now as I couldn't stay for the meeting, does anyone know what I should do now? When do I get my gold card... so confused the book doesn't really tell me much...

Fantastic! Well done! :D

Hiya, a few people have mentioned making pizza with wraps, one thing i was wondering, is it not really really flat and nothing like pizza?

These are the LARGE pizza bases .. I've not pointed the small ones yet but they come in a box of 4 single bases and are just like "real" pizza .. pile them up with roast veg, tomato, mushroom, onions, garlic, herbs, spices.. all free stuff and then whatever protein you fancy, chicken, tuna.. ham... all good..
    http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/2011/02/pppotd-pizza-bases-belissimo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So weigh in this morning & I STS. I'm not too upset to be honest because I was really Ill this week & while I stayed on the plan I ate what I felt like & did have to have some lucozade. Some days I'd be 10pp under & others I was 5 or 6 over. I know that's not good but when you're sick you've to eat & drink what you feel like so I'm not too concerned.

I'm fully better now so I'm back in the saddle for nxt WI I can focus on making nice dinners now & not be living on starchy, sugary crap which is how this wk was!

Have a lovely weekend all :) & congrats everyone on the losses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI last night & I STS. Not too bothered though, as I was quite bold this week & TOTM too, so happy enough! Going to be v. good this week! Have started on the right track this morning anyway. Had a lovely big bowl of porridge with chopped banana and strawberries on top for breakfast. Still full 2.5 hrs later :D Have the dinner made for tonight as well so no excuses to reach for the takeaway menu! Going out for dinner tomorrow night with the parentals so going to make a big batch of soup in the morning to keep me going throughout the day :)

Penne Pasta with Mushroom & Spinach Sauce

Serves 4 – 11pp per serving

Ingredients:
    • 250g wild mushrooms
    • 50g Porcini (Dried Mushrooms)
    • 1 small onion, finely chopped
    • 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
    • 4 slices parma ham, finely chopped (4pp)
    • 150g Spinach
    • 1 small glass white wine (5pp)
    • 2tbsp olive oil (3pp)
    • 200g Extra Light Philadelphia (6pp)
    • Salt & Pepper
    • 10g parmesan cheese (2pp)
    • 240g Penne Pasta (60g per person (6pp))

Method:

• Soak the dried mushrooms in boiling water (I soaked mine for the day while I was at work)
    • Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente
    • Heat the oil in a pan and fry onion & garlic until soft
    • Drain off the dried mushrooms & add to pan with the wild mushrooms & parma ham. Cook for 5-7 mins until the mushrooms start to brown.
    • Add the wine and cook until the liquid is nearly all absorbed
    • Add the Philadelphia, mix well and cook for 5 mins on low heat. Add the spinach
    • Drain off your pasta and add it to the sauce.
    • Top with the parmesan and serve

Note:
    • If your pasta is finished before your sauce, drain it and run it under the cold tap until cold. To reheat, just stand it in boiling water for a few mins. This will stop it going soggy
    • You can make everything the night before, just put it in the fridge & reheat the next day
    • The sauce gets quite thick after you add the philadelphia and the pasta. If it is too thick, add a bit of the water from the pasta to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Love the look of that pasta recipe shoelover yum!! Thanks for posting think I'll try it out this weekend :)

But just on the pp is it not 11 per portion?

I'm assuming all the other ingredients are point for 4 portions =20 + 24pp for the pasta = 11pp per portion no?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

fofany wrote: »
    I have to agree with you. I made it once with a wrap & thought it was too flat. I prefer to make one with mini naans. 2 WW mini naans (6pp) with 15g light cheddar grated (1pp) & loads of free veg toppings with a side salad make a really filling meal.

I fold the wrap over so its calzone style, you can get much more in then, when they are flat you are right they are too thin

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

week one and I am 2lbs down...horray! I have to say I feel better just eating so well. Better get planning all next weeks meals...my hubbie thinks I have lost it when I can tell him on a Sat what he'll be eating for dinner the following Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

I've got a rotten cold and I've been out eating about 4 times in the past week so I have totally lost interest in WW this week!
    I am 8lbs from goal and I feel like my interest is waning - has anyone else had this issue?

I'm going to get back into it when I'm back to myself, but at the moment I just feel like I can't be bothered!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone had pasta carbonara for dinner last night it was yummy:D

serves: 2
    proppoints per serving: 11pp

I added chicken myself as i love it like this:p

1 Chicken fillet (4pp)
    4 Bacon medalions (4pp)
    Mushrooms (0pp)
    Extra Light phili Half the tub (4pp)
    1 egg yolk (2)
    Pasta 80g (8pp)
    veg stock 150mls (0pp)
    parsley

cook pasta as instructed on package. in a large pan fry chicken and bacon and then add the mushrooms and then the stock and let stock reduce. when pasta is cooked add to the pan and mix together. beat the egg yolk and phili in a bowl den add to the pan with the parsley and mix through and then ur ready to serve yummy...:D

I sprinkled with a little cheader cheese so added 2pp but after i had it there was no need as it was yummy without it:p...

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Love the look of that pasta recipe shoelover yum!! Thanks for posting think I'll try it out this weekend :)

But just on the pp is it not 11 per portion?

I'm assuming all the other ingredients are point for 4 portions =20 + 24pp for the pasta = 11pp per portion no?

Yes, you're right! When I added it up, I forgot to multiply the 6pp for the pasta by 4 :o 11pp per serving! Wouldn't mind, I even wrote it down in my tracker as 11pp last night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Had WI Wednesday evening and STS. Was a little disappointed but didn't get to exercise much last week so kind of expected it too. I have 11lbs to get to my next mini goal and have 6 weeks left to do it so have to get exercising this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I've made pizzas with both naan breads and wraps. Wasn't impressed with the wraps at all...didn't find them that filling on their own and they were very awkward to eat.
    I loved the naan bread one. When I was making it, I was going to throw some oven chips into the oven because I was thinking it didn't look like an awful lot, but I was really sastisfied after it.
    Some people have also suggested making it on a pitta bread, but I would imagine that would be very similar to the wraps.

Happy birthday rememberthis...enjoy your party :)
    dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've got a rotten cold and I've been out eating about 4 times in the past week so I have totally lost interest in WW this week!
    I am 8lbs from goal and I feel like my interest is waning - has anyone else had this issue?

I'm going to get back into it when I'm back to myself, but at the moment I just feel like I can't be bothered!

:o

I have the miserable cold at the minute too...just can't shift it and have zero motivation! Look after yourself and I'm sure you'll get your interest back when your feeling better.
    I was hoping that it would be a beautiful sunny day when I woke up this morning and I would be dying to get out of work and head for a nice walk. But I think I'd rather stay in work then look out at that miserable day :rolleyes:

@izzy24...the pasta carbonara sounds delish. Deffo going to try that over the weekend. I'm cooking dinner for the mammy and the daddy on sunday, and was thinking of trying the chicken in filo pastry that was posted earlier in the week. It sounds straighforward enough...anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

so chuffed this morning one of the girls in work just commented on how great im looking and how much she can notice the weight falling off me have to say its made me feel great :P
    even my OH commented on my figure this morning on how different my shape has gotten
    WI is in the morning and i had a lil cheeky look this morning because i must say this has been my bestest week so far on the new plan and the scales this mornign showed a 4lbs loss so fingers crossed that doestn change too much between this morning and tomoro morning :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Penne Pasta with Mushroom & Spinach Sauce

Serves 4 – 11pp per serving

Ingredients:
    • 250g wild mushrooms
    • 50g Porcini (Dried Mushrooms)
    • 1 small onion, finely chopped
    • 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
    • 4 slices parma ham, finely chopped (4pp)
    • 150g Spinach
    • 1 small glass white wine (5pp)
    • 2tbsp olive oil (3pp)
    • 200g Extra Light Philadelphia (6pp)
    • Salt & Pepper
    • 10g parmesan cheese (2pp)
    • 240g Penne Pasta (60g per person (6pp))

Method:

• Soak the dried mushrooms in boiling water (I soaked mine for the day while I was at work)
    • Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente
    • Heat the oil in a pan and fry onion & garlic until soft
    • Drain off the dried mushrooms & add to pan with the wild mushrooms & parma ham. Cook for 5-7 mins until the mushrooms start to brown.
    • Add the wine and cook until the liquid is nearly all absorbed
    • Add the Philadelphia, mix well and cook for 5 mins on low heat. Add the spinach
    • Drain off your pasta and add it to the sauce.
    • Top with the parmesan and serve

Note:
    • If your pasta is finished before your sauce, drain it and run it under the cold tap until cold. To reheat, just stand it in boiling water for a few mins. This will stop it going soggy
    • You can make everything the night before, just put it in the fridge & reheat the next day
    • The sauce gets quite thick after you add the philadelphia and the pasta. If it is too thick, add a bit of the water from the pasta to it.

Definitely trying this.. sounds YUM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

Another STS this week for me, which I was expecting as I only lose weight every second week for some reason. Every other week I have a STS. At least I'm not going up, however frustrating it is to be losing it so slowly.

This week will be a challenge as I'm eating out twice. Does anyone know how many points are in chicken liver pate? Hope someone can help, it's not in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Layla0509 wrote: »
    so chuffed this morning one of the girls in work just commented on how great im looking and how much she can notice the weight falling off me have to say its made me feel great :P
    even my OH commented on my figure this morning on how different my shape has gotten
    WI is in the morning and i had a lil cheeky look this morning because i must say this has been my bestest week so far on the new plan and the scales this mornign showed a 4lbs loss so fingers crossed that doestn change too much between this morning and tomoro morning :D

Congrats on the amazing loss!! Whats your secret? Do you use up all your weekly points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Congrats on all the great losses this week everyone :).

I went shopping yesterday...
    size 14-nah
    size 12-nah
    FINALLY size 10!!! I bounced out of the dressing room hehehe

Have my crazy wknd ahead so I'm going to try and be as good as possible lol.

Have a great weekend everyone xxx

TOTM is not helpful for healthy eating. It makes me crave chocolate! I intentionally stocked up on WW goodies so I should manage to keep inside my points.

Doesn't help with the cramps though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Chinafoot wrote: »
    TOTM is not helpful for healthy eating. It makes me crave chocolate! I intentionally stocked up on WW goodies so I should manage to keep inside my points.

Doesn't help with the cramps though :(

I hear ya, except it's not just chocolate, I'll eat anything that stays still long enough :(

I really wanted my stone on Monday but I'm pretty sure I'll be up now...I hate being female sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

oh god those sun rice things are evil! was up until 2am last night working on computer.......well didnt i go thru the whole packet!

ah well it could have been worse!

going to try and spend the weekend away from the computer....my head and eyes cant take it! Have a load of hand written stuff i need to get done anyways...

My mum is kinda doing a High Protein Low Carb thing....got her the cook book that goes with her eating plan for mothers day....lots of yummy recipes in it...so i'm sure i'll get use out of it too..

Studying nutrition in college at the moment...granted its animal nutrition...but end of the day we are animals too...we're mammals, so same principles apply....so actually learning ALOT (for once, lol) ....like the actual difference between saturated and unsaturated and trans fats, and why carbs can cause weight gain...and why wholegrain is used in weight loss diets

it all comes down to molecules and enzymes, hormones, atoms, carbon, hydrogen ect...oh the joys of it!

misslt wrote: »
    I hear ya, except it's not just chocolate, I'll eat anything that stays still long enough :(

I really wanted my stone on Monday but I'm pretty sure I'll be up now...I hate being female sometimes!!

I reckon you'll get it. You were 3.5 down last time and that was after Thursday night out and a BBQ in mine! :p You're doing really well!

I'm sitting here scoffing rice cakes and ww cheese triangles. Have a ww pizza in the fridge for later (11pp) and I'm now going to have a loop the loop (2pp) with my hot water bottle :) I also have no drugs in the house. Hate when it catches me on the hop. On the plus side, my boobs no longer feel like they weigh 4 stone each :P

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Congrats on the amazing loss!! Whats your secret? Do you use up all your weekly points?

This wk actually I've only used 7 of my weeklies normally I'd have used most if not all by now and I've done a lil more exercise this wk which earned me 28 bonus pp and drank loads of water 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Day 1 of my detox is really not going great. Had my first bowl of porridge (ever in my life) this morning for 4 pp, yuck hated it! Then I made hummus which i regularly do but put too much garlic in it so the whole batch is ruined. To make it worse I put it on a rice cake to try it and turns out I hate them too. Ughhh

It did turn around at lunch time though when I made a roasted veg dish. Basically BNS, sweet potato, 1 small potato, carrot, swede, sprouts all roasted in olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Was yummy and it just melted in my mouth after a slow roast. Because I'm not eating meat I was able to use a bit more olive oil to bump up the PP value

For dinner i'm planning to make a lentil bolognase. Eek fingers crossed for me! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

When do people think is the best time of the week to have your WI? Mine is on a Tuesday and I'm always sooo good during the week and do damage at the weekend. Sometimes I wish my WI was on a Thursday or Friday because then I'd have enough time to repair the damage, but then again I worry that I'd go TOO mad at the weekend if it was only a day or two after the WI.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement