Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Four - Family

• 05-08-2019 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

"Ly..."

Lysander hears the voice in the distance. It's Clarissa's.

"Lysander"

Jacqueline's.

"Kid"

Cock Robin's.

"My Childe"

Lau-Som-Bheu.

Then another speaks:

"Wake now. You owe me and I have debts to pay myself. Awake Shadow and lead"

Lysander's eyes burst open. He is lying in a room overlooking the Los Angeles night skyline.

LhzDjn.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Taking a moment to adjust to his surroundings, Lysander looks around the room warily. His last memory was of releasing the power he had taken from Jacqueline... then nothing.

'Where... am I? Did I... time jump?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The room is a very fancy bedroom in what appears to be the penthouse of a high rise building on the city's outskirts. Thankfully a digital clock beside the bed tells him it's only a week later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander rises and goes to the window, surveying the city briefly.

He then walks around the penthouse, stretching his legs.

He calls out softly
    'Hello? Anybody there?'

As Lysander calls out he feels a presence in the room. Turning quickly he sees another Kindred.

"Mr Karpov. You are awake"

0Y6it2.jpg

OOC: Lysander is powerful enough to know this Vampire isn't really here, it is merely a projection. The sense he gets is a Ventrue

Lysander turns and surveys the projection.

'Yes, what has it been a week? Who have I the pleasure of speaking with on this fine night?'

• Advertisement

"My name is Kevin Jackson...I assume that is enough"

OOC: Jackson is the Prince of Chicago, as head of the most important Vampire city in the country he is essentially "King" of USA's Kindred. Everybody knows his name

Fourier wrote: »
    "My name is Kevin Jackson...I assume that is enough"

'Ah, forgive my ignorance Prince Jackson, it is the first time we have met and these are trying times. Praytell, what has given me the honour of your... well, presence?'

"To formally announce that the Camarilla world council has declared you Prince of Los Angeles.

Not only do you do so as a member of a clan we have long hoped would join us in a position of power, but also you have struck a mighty blow to the Sabbat. Once the council considered unthinkable. You have struck at the core of their creed. By depowering an 'antediluvian'..." he says the final word with a smirk "...as the Sabbat call them you have shown these monsters to be nothing more than simply another powerful Kindred. Dangerous yes, but not insurmountable. Certainly not the bringers of Doomsday the Sabbat bishops drone on about"

"To formally announce that the Camarilla world council has declared you Prince of Los Angeles.

Not only do you do so as a member of a clan we have long hoped would join us in a position of power, but also you have struck a mighty blow to the Sabbat. Once the council considered unthinkable. You have struck at the core of their creed. By depowering an 'antediluvian'..." he says the final word with a smirk "...as the Sabbat call them you have shown these monsters to be nothing more than simply another powerful Kindred. Dangerous yes, but not insurmountable. Certainly not the bringers of Doomsday the Sabbat bishops drone on about"

Lysander shrugs.

'Lau-Som-Bheu wished to rule through fear and domination. That way of thinking went out with the Dark Ages.

Whilst we Kindred must have a certain level of this to ensure no one would challenge us... it is not the way forward.

Thank you Prince Jackson, with great honour I accept this role, and now that my Lasombra kin see what can be achieved... I expect some will flock to the side of the Camarilla.'

"They already have. There is another reason I am here before you"

He walks to the window and gazes out at the city.

BY1ywg.jpg

"When I was human I would have given my right arm to be in a penthouse in LA..." he looks lost in thought before continuing "...there is a letter for you on the kitchen table. From the Amici Noctis I assume. I can guess what it is about. Consider what they say. Should you agree, I will order the Primogens of this city to govern it in your absence for a while. See you soon. I hope"

He vanishes.

OOC: The Amici Noctis govern the Lasombra globally. There are few of them as it is an exclusive society. You were never ruled by them, being an antitribu

• Advertisement

'Amici Noctis....?'

Lysander makes his way to the kitchen table and looks at the letter.

Taking deep breaths almost as if he were human, he opens it.

The letter is written in pure shadow manipulated to form letters. It is in Latin but Lysander can read it from his mortal legal training.

Dear Friend Karpov,

We have selected you as the first Camarilla member of our society. We need not go over what you have done to merit this for it is clear. Recent evens, your actions among them, have made us reconsider the clan's membership in the Sabbat. It is clear now that we must see the entire clan transitions to Camarilla membership. Again your example has been of great importance in our deliberations.

For this reason we have placed several agents in key cities. They are to petition to be Primogens of Camarilla clans as you yourself managed recently in Los Angeles and San Diego. When the time is right they will all simultaneously petition to the Camarilla council for the entire clan to join with ultimately one of us in the Amici Noctis sitting on the council.

We would first seek to see if you have the qualities of one who might lead our clan. If you do, we will discuss how you might aide one of our agents. The most important one.

If you are interested, then come to the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens.

If not? We will understand. You will never hear from us again, barring strong interference in our plans

Regards,
    A Friend

Lysander sits down and re-reads the letter multiple times, the words sinking into his mind.

'Join the Camarilla.... Lead the clan....'

He stares at the letter intently, wondering if it is some trick that has been played on him.

Prince, approved by the Camarilla.... and now this.

'You'd better believe I'm interested... A Friend... You had better believe it.'

He checks the penthouse for any other letters or documentation before leaving.

There is a single velum parchment lying on a coffee table. Writing side down. Though Lysander knows from the smell it is written in blood.

Lysander stops and pockets his letter from the Amici Noctis.

He turns over the velum slowly, having an idea who this may be from.

When he turns it over the blood simply reads 'A Goodbye'.

"Hi Lysander"

The voice is Jacqueline's from behind him.

'Jacqueline? You... you're here?'

Lysander whirls around, startled.

"Well not really, like your friend Jackson. No you consumed me fair and square. This is just an echo, the last bits of my personality before I'm completely absorbed.

Well done. You're Prince now"

"Well not really, like your friend Jackson. No you consumed me fair and square. This is just an echo, the last bits of my personality before I'm completely absorbed.

Well done. You're Prince now"

'I suppose I am. And I did what you asked, it probably doesn't make us even... but at least it may give you some comfort.'

"No it's what I wanted. It was my mission here. I just want to know one thing..." her forms begins to fade "...Jesus this takes more effort than I thought. I see that you went to the afterlife...do we exist over there?"

• Advertisement

"No it's what I wanted. It was my mission here. I just want to know one thing..." her forms begins to fade "...Jesus this takes more effort than I thought. I see that you went to the afterlife...do we exist over there?"

'I'll be honest Jacqueline... I do not know. There are so many different areas in the afterlife... and I was rather rudely ejected.

But yes... I think so. I hope that gives you comfort. Thank you for everything, without your initial guidance and bringing me here... well this would not be possible. And... sorry about the whole diablerism.'

"Well good to know. Hopefully it's full of more hierarchical pricks fighting over who gets to rule. Well, no hard feelings Lysander and watch out for yourself. You're in the big leagues now. Even I didn't see much of that beyond hints"

She gives a light smile and jokingly salutes him before fading.

Lysander's blood burns as Jacqueline's power fully merges with him. As he stumbles back and places his hand on a pillar it cracks along the point where he touched it. It will take time before his command of the power is as good as Jacqueline's was.

OOC: Potence 3 gained. Jacqueline had a special form of Potency. As you level it up you will gain it in the way she did

Lysander waits until the feelings making him stagger have somewhat passed, before straightening himself and making for the exit.

He has an appointment with 'A Friend' to keep

The penthouse apartment door exits onto an elevator. Taking it down Lysander exits into a lobby where all the Kindred of LA are kneeling. The Primogens are the first row, their right hands behind them and all others behind them. The Lasombra are to the right. Just Nostro and Imelda, who seems to have resurfaced.

Maximillian Strauss steps forward.

"Prince Lysander. Do you accept me once more as Primogen of Clan Tremere?"

eNurWF.png

Lysander takes Strauss's hand and looks him dead in the eye (OOC: no powers).

'Primogen Strauss, thank you for meeting with me. Of course I will accept you - you served the former Prince well... as you will me now, of this I am certain, yes?'

They all approach in turn to have their status reaffirmed.

OOC: Let me know if there is anybody you question or refuse

They all approach in turn to have their status reaffirmed.

Lysander accepts each of them in turn, greeting them in the same way and meeting their eyes directly. He watches for any flinching or flickering when meeting their individual gazes.

Teresa Salvador, the Toreador Primogen, doesn't flinch exactly but Lysander detects fear.

Teresa Salvador, the Toreador Primogen, doesn't flinch exactly but Lysander detects fear.

Lysander accepts Teresa like the others. In fact, he likes the fear that Teresa has.

'Easier to keep in line' he thinks to himself.

• Advertisement

Finally Nostro approaches.

"Well seeing as how you are Prince now my Sire...I was wondering perhaps should I step forward as Lasombra Primogen?"

Lysander detects apprehension. Not fear for Nostro trusts Lysander, more like a child afraid they're being a bit cheeky.

Advertisement