Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

No sign of it in Arklow or wexford
    Probably by mid afternoon or later down here
    Looking north just blue sky atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Drizzle in Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

Turned cloudy now in Dublin after a bright morning. Still this week in Dublin has definitely been the best so far this summer. Over 20 degrees most days + plenty of sunshine during the week.

For those of you saying it was dry that wasn't the case in Dublin. We had 82.9mm in June a very wet month. It was also very cold apart from last week in June. Last 3 years mean temperature was 14-14.5 degrees in June but only 12.5 this year.

Thankfully July has been great so far so hope it continues!

Still beautifully sunny in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another beautiful day in Cork City. Warm aswell! About 21/22 degrees atm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Warm and sunny in Waterford City. Temp 22.4c at my station. Very light NW breeze so not getting that cooling off the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Warm and sunny in Waterford City. Temp 22.4c at my station. Very light NW breeze so not getting that cooling off the sea.

Best few days of the summer in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely bright day in Castlebar, nearly 22C.

Still quite sunny in Arklow
    Strong SE sea breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cloud cover looks well settled in Dublin. Pretty much the same pattern most days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep cloudy in Dublin but warm all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

With an Irish rainfall total of 80.7mm, June 2019 fits just outside the top 60 wettest months of the 2010s decade and 55th driest so nearly bang in the middle pretty much. Not remarkably wet nor remarkably dry.

In terms of summer months, it's about the same. June 2012 had 167.9mm in comparison (whilst June 2018 was 27.4mm). June 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2017 were all wetter than June 2019 using this rainfall series.

BLlKtr1.png

Data from Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭highdef

Mortelaro wrote: »

Used to live very close to the east coast (first 30 years of my life spend there) but have been living about 40km inland for almost 10 years. The sea breeze is one thing that I do not miss one bit....EVER! Just when the morning was feeling like it was going to be a nice warm one, on would come the sea breeze and ruin it for the day, only dying down around sunset.....what a tease!!!!

That, and the seagulls!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

highdef wrote: »
    Used to live very close to the east coast (first 30 years of my life spend there) but have been living about 40km inland for almost 10 years. The sea breeze is one thing that I do not miss one bit....EVER! Just when the morning was feeling like it was going to be a nice warm one, on would come the sea breeze and ruin it for the day, only dying down around sunset.....what a tease!!!!

That, and the seagulls!!!!

Seagulls are a great gallery, esp when they're fighting with ducks

I'm 2kms from the coast
    Only ever see seagulls on real windy days or if ploughing
    Working the land you'd be a ball of sweat without that sea breeze
    Like an office without aircon!
    I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dark and grey in Letterkenny with occasional drizzle. 14C but feeling colder with a strong breeze. Still seeing people going about in winter jackets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Dark and grey in Letterkenny with occasional drizzle. 14C but feeling colder with a strong breeze. Still seeing people going about in winter jackets

You really need to move away from Donegal and relocate somewhere else!

I know it’s a very nice county and all but it appears to be the worst county for rain, drizzle and mist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

esposito wrote: »

You really need to move away from Donegal and relocate somewhere else!

I know it’s a very nice county and all but it appears to be the worst county for rain, drizzle and mist.

I just moved back last year after seven years away, including a few years in a hot sunny climate so yeah definitely finding it hard to readjust!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

23C here. Lovely weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Warm sunny start to the morning. Clouded over lunchtime. Last of the Hay bales today as some rain forecast for tmrw. Last week was definitely summer weather! What rainfall we have had up to this means that water tables are now very low and the ground is like concrete ...

Beautiful in Cork City still. Cork airport reading 23 degrees! Bit of a shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

I just moved back last year after seven years away, including a few years in a hot sunny climate so yeah definitely finding it hard to readjust!

Go book yourself a nice sun holiday. You deserve it, putting up with that gloomy micro climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely in Dublin now

Nice evening for those heading to Westlife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The sun's back out again in Dublin after a mostly cloudy day since this morning, and the temperature's started shooting up. It's now 21.6C here.

Sitting outside in cork city, sun blazing, homemade cocktails in hand. What else do you want? :D

Thank god the good weather came after the LC. Remember sitting my German exam while the rain was lashing down, and now this. Perfect relaxation time!

Currently 20c in Arklow
    Face and arms beetroot despite some sunblock working outside today :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Lovely warm mostly sunny day in my area of west Cork today and still very mild tonight. The days are beginning to get noticeably shorter though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The days are beginning to get noticeably shorter though.

Ah stawp now will ya ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The weather is just perfect as it is now....not too hot, juuust right! Now if we could keep it like that!

Advertisement