Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Double Movie Walrus - World Premiere Reveal

Comments

Our 8th place winner is The Revenant

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663202/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

One of 5 movies I had seen this round and this one suffers the most from a rewatch, this movie is beautifully shot, well made and very well acted and if I was watching it for the first time again it would have scored way higher, but it being a very slow paced movie and one I had seen recently I found myself not nearly enjoying it as much the 2nd time.

Great pick really good movie but just suffered badly from having seen it already

3 points to
    Persepoly

Our 7th place winner is The Wolf of Wall Street

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I've seen this a couple of times fully and more in bit parts, again its a great movie when you see it the first time, again a great cast and script well made well acted and hilarious when you first watch it, also Margot Robbie :eek:

It didnt do much to hold my full interest when watching it due to repeat viewings, still very funny in parts, a very very interesting story.

4 points to Greenspurs

Our 6th place winner is Erin Brockovich

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195685/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Another movie that is suffering due to being seen before, I've actually seen it at least 4 or 5 times id say but it is a fantastic movie no doubt, and a great performance out of Julia Roberts, the movie is one that would get your emotions pumping and there are some great lines in the movie that give some laugh out loud moments.

If you haven't seen this, it is one I recommend to watch

5 points to
    Spooks

Our 5th place winner is American Sniper

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179136/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Again another movie I had seen before (maybe I watch 2 many movies :o) but had only seen it once before. I really enjoyed it on the 2nd watch, I just really like the way the movie flows back and forth between his home life and war life and how you see the effects war and killings can have on people.

This is a great movie, I think it is excellently shot and a brilliant story, but it definitely suffered from the first watch. Still

6 points to
    Necro

Our 4th place winner is Everest

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2719848/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Finally another, I had not seen before but one I had nearly landed on a number of times, I really enjoyed this movie, it flowed very well through out a good build up, I found it was very well paced, the acting was good and it had a great story.

I have nothing bad to say about this movie but also it didn't overly wow me in anyway, still a very good watch

7 points to
    Skeith

• Advertisement

Our 3rd place winner is Hacksaw Ridge

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2119532/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

My 2nd favourite story of all the movies that were submitted for this round, something that I found to be truly inspirational, the movie itself is quite good although it dragged a little for me in the middle, the fighting scene was too long for me. I also debated turning it off when I saw vince vaughan was in it :pac:

Still besides him it was very well acted for the most part, the main characters story is just amazing and made me feel happy and motivated

8 points for
    LadySkunk

Our 2nd place winner is The Big Short

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596363/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Look I'd seen this before i thought it was a great movie then and on 2nd watch I thought it was still a great movie. Very well made, a excellent cast, a great script and a fascinating story to boot.

I mean this movie would make you kind of sick with how ****ty and up there arse a lot of people can be, and is pretty infuriating at times at what went on but I guess it adds to the movie as a whole

A must watch if you havent already

9 points to
    Tusk

and our 1st place winniest winner is Pride

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3169706/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6

What can I say I loved this movie, I never thought it would do this well when I first started watching, I was enjoying it no doubt but in a nice relaxing funny kind of way but the film was able to change gears at the right times to bring it away from just being a comedy and being a really great movie.

My favourite story out of all the movies I got, and it shows that people can come together to do great things even when they come from such different backgrounds.

The movie really has a great vibe to it, some absolute hilarious one liners, a very good cast and tells a fantastic uplifting inspirational story

10 point to Le Var

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Great to see this back (even if you have no taste in great films :( - Adaptation is a MASTERPIECE, I tell ya!!!).

Pride is a great film, LeVar.

It very possible in fact quite likely that i have no taste in movies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

"
    Player | 80s | Immotional | Hiiden Gems | True Story | Total
    tusk | 7 | 8 | 10 | 9 | 34
    LadySkunk | 6 | 7 | 7 | 8 | 28
    LeVar | 3 | 10 | 3 | 10 | 26
    Greenspur | 2 | 9 | 8 | 4 | 23
    QB | 4 | 6 | 9 | 1 | 20
    Spooks | 9 | 5 | 1 | 5 | 20
    Perse | 10 | 4 | 2 | 3 | 19
    Necro | 5 | 2 | 5 | 6 | 18
    Irishejit | 8 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 17
    sKeith | 1 | 1 | 6 | 7 | 15

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

10 pts in a movie walrus I never thought we'd get results for is a great way to start the day, especially as I forgot what I had submitted.

Glad you enjoyed it Mick!

If it was just Mick scoring this, I'd be doing great, 1st place in both categories, while Kol had me in 8th place for both of his. ***Shakes Fist*** Curse You Kol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

woop. happy with second!

haven't seen pride, I'll have to stick it on the watchlist

It very possible in fact quite likely that i have no taste in movies :D

You clearly have great taste in movies. Its that other fella that'd want to take a good hard look in the mirror and question his decisions... ;)

Never let it be said I don't finis

Never let it be said I don't finis

....h

there. finished it for you :pac:

You clearly have great taste in movies. Its that other fella that'd want to take a good hard look in the mirror and question his decisions... ;)

I'll be coming to you for movie recs for a while after this, great like 2 movies I doubt I'd ever have watched that I loved so cheers for that :D

tusk wrote: »
    ....h

there. finished it for you :pac:

I've always said everyone needs a tusk in there life

I don't know Housebound, but Stand by Me, and Jagten are both excellent (as is Pride as I already said), so I would concur that you have good taste in movies.

Maybe not so much a good taste in music, but at least you have movies :P

quickbeam wrote: »
    I don't know Housebound, but Stand by Me, and Jagten are both excellent (as is Pride as I already said), so I would concur that you have good taste in movies.

Maybe not so much a good taste in music, but at least you have movies :P

I thought you didn't like music? Care to put your money where your mouth is and enter some Music Walrus' - I've already won a few, but you could still catch up. ;)

• Advertisement

I thought you didn't like music? Care to put your money where your mouth is and enter some Music Walrus' - I've already won a few, but you could still catch up. ;)

I love music. And have entered some of the early Walruses. i wouldn't have the most expansive of tastes though, and music is also something quite personal to me and I have a hard time seeing my favourites bashed.

I'm much more expansive, and far less sensitive about my movie tastes, especially when Mick is so clearly wrong in his opinions :P

quickbeam wrote: »
    I love music. And have entered some of the early Walruses. i wouldn't have the most expansive of tastes though, and music is also something quite personal to me and I have a hard time seeing my favourites bashed.

I'm much more expansive, and far less sensitive about my movie tastes, especially when Mick is so clearly wrong in his opinions :P

You should enter my Walrus. I like all music, and I'm unlikely to bash anything.

Edit: Anything I've said in tournaments really doesn't count, as I often like to stir sh*t in them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You should enter my Walrus. I like all music, and I'm unlikely to bash anything.

Edit: Anything I've said in tournaments really doesn't count, as I often like to stir sh*t in them.

**** stirring is fun in the context of tournaments alright ;)

Thanks for your patience folks, the final round reveal will take place next month.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Scores are in, we might be able to run this tonight if there is nothing else on

Holy merciful God.

Are you ready?

36o4a6.gif

• Advertisement

Disclaimer - may contain movie spoilers

Advertisement