Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    So only giving you 2 hours to reapply? :eek:
    That's very little time for a rearranged concert that's not another 7 months.
    If you had 4 tickets in the original booking why would they only give you 2 this time around?

They put the tickets onsale when they sent the email so first come first served .
    It must have only been a small percentage of the venue ,but they are all gone now.
    Edit:They have added more seats now in Blocks B-F

I bought 4 tickets originally ,no idea why they would only allocate 2 this time.

Krieg wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    I just saw news about ticketmaster in the US not refunding cancelled gigs. Last month I checked their T&C for refunds and they said something along the lines of "cancelled/postponed = refund", but now its updated to just include cancelled gigs, making it seem like they might not refund for postponement. I dont think they would get away with it here since im pretty sure we have better consumer protection laws.
    I have tickets for the rammstein gig in June and at the moment a refund would be very welcome

That’s why I copied the relevant section here on this thread- just in case they decided to chance their arm- a deferred date to me means contract broken- they’re not supplying what was agreed - I don’t expect a refusal once the new dates are announced but if they do then I’ll take a case to the small claims court

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

drake70 wrote: »

Rescheduled Events - If your event is rescheduled you will hear from us directly and your tickets will remain valid.

See what I mean? they don't make it clear what's required if your concert is rescheduled and you want a refund (Which you're entitled to under the TM policy you booked under)- so go to the link they provide and fill in the online form and demand your refund if that's what you want to do- remember guys, keep an eye on your emails/account/mobile texts- you'll get a limited time period to demand a refund once notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Rescheduled Events - If your event is rescheduled you will hear from us directly and your tickets will remain valid.

See what I mean? they don't make it clear what's required if your concert is rescheduled and you want a refund (Which you're entitled to under the TM policy you booked under)- so go to the link they provide and fill in the online form and demand your refund if that's what you want to do- remember guys, keep an eye on your emails/account/mobile texts- you'll get a limited time period to demand a refund once notified.

T/M have stated on Twitter that the decision to refund for postponed concerts now lies with the artists themselves!
    Basically they are washing their hands of the decision and therefore all the hassle if refunds are refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

T/M have stated on Twitter that the decision to refund for postponed concerts now lies with the artists themselves!
    Basically they are washing their hands of the decision and therefore all the hassle if refunds are refused.

Dont see that on ticketmaster irelands twitter?

If they change the date you are entitled to a refund from ticketmaster. The artist is irrelevant.

I quite frankly don't give a flying **** what Ticketmaster says- if they don't give me my refund for a rescheduled gig that I don't want to attend and that I paid for originally for a different date, I'm taking them to the small claims court. They can't change their god dammed "booking policy" now- lord knows we've been subject to that POS for long enough as it was- it's pay-back time ;)

I'm re-posting this here for those interested in refunds for postponed gigs, as opposed to cancelled gigs: Ticketmaster are very coy around posting any of this information on their Covid-19 page - i found it in the general T&C's and contract information page.

See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Looks like the journal.ie took their story from my post- they copied the exact same paragraph and bolded the exact same sentence i did- ha ha- lazy journalists- now get out there and get a definitive statement ya lazy good for nothings and develop your own stories ya diploma students :mad:

https://www.thejournal.ie/what-is-ireland-refund-policy-ticketmaster-rescheduled-event-5074371-Apr2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know what happens if you’ve purchased a ticket with a ticketmaster voucher that needs to be refunded?
    I bought a ticket for all together now last August with a voucher but def wouldn’t still have that voucher now. This is of course assuming ATN is gonna b cancelled which I reckon is likely.

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens if you’ve purchased a ticket with a ticketmaster voucher that needs to be refunded?
    I bought a ticket for all together now last August with a voucher but def wouldn’t still have that voucher now. This is of course assuming ATN is gonna b cancelled which I reckon is likely.

Here's a .co.uk version of T&C's - I don't know what the Irish version says so might be worth trying to do a search there.

My event's been cancelled - How will I receive my refund if I paid with a gift card?
    If you paid for part of your order with a gift card, and the rest was on a credit or debit card, the full refund will be paid onto your credit or debit card.

If your whole order was paid with gift cards, the full amount will automatically be issued onto one of the cards. You can find out which gift card it was refunded to by checking the balance here.

If your gift card has since expired or you threw it away after completing the order, please get in touch with the team here.

For more information about refunds, click here.
    https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006423794-My-event-s-been-cancelled-How-will-I-receive-my-refund-if-I-paid-with-a-gift-card-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Here's a .co.uk version of T&C's - I don't know what the Irish version says so might be worth trying to do a search there.

My event's been cancelled - How will I receive my refund if I paid with a gift card?
    If you paid for part of your order with a gift card, and the rest was on a credit or debit card, the full refund will be paid onto your credit or debit card.

If your whole order was paid with gift cards, the full amount will automatically be issued onto one of the cards. You can find out which gift card it was refunded to by checking the balance here.

If your gift card has since expired or you threw it away after completing the order, please get in touch with the team here.

For more information about refunds, click here.
    https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006423794-My-event-s-been-cancelled-How-will-I-receive-my-refund-if-I-paid-with-a-gift-card-

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Looks like the journal.ie took their story from my post- they copied the exact same paragraph and bolded the exact same sentence i did- ha ha- lazy journalists- now get out there and get a definitive statement ya lazy good for nothings and develop your own stories ya diploma students :mad:

https://www.thejournal.ie/what-is-ireland-refund-policy-ticketmaster-rescheduled-event-5074371-Apr2020/

Might be worthwhile taking a screenshot of 11.3 because if they try and sneakily change their T&Cs, that link will bring you their 'updated terms' where the crucial sentence might have vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

Are Ticketmaster doing refunds if gigs are rescheduled and if so do you lose the booking fee I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

My refund just came through to my bank account, full refund incl fees.

So that's:
    Rescheduled (not cancelled) gig
    Requested refund 8th April
    Notification that refund was granted 15th April
    Money back on my card 17th April

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Flibble wrote: »

So that's:

What concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

degzs wrote: »
    Are Ticketmaster doing refunds if gigs are rescheduled and if so do you lose the booking fee I suppose?

You shouldn't lose it. You should get it all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

What concert?

Wardruna @ Vicar Street

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Clutching at straws and hoping some of the June concerts will happen but very very unlikely

Would you still go ??? I'd risk it for a few hours of entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Clutching at straws and hoping some of the June concerts will happen but very very unlikely

Look, there is not a hope in hell that these are even going to be considered to go ahead.

..and you'd be some freak to risk it for entertainment since you'd be putting other people's health/lives at risk after it.

Anything...ANYTHING that includes a large gathering of people will not happen for a long time (6 months min surely)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sorry to say but I don't see gigs going ahead for forseeable future. Think default should be to think there may not be gigs until early next year at the earliest. And if they happen before then great, but better to be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed when they don't go ahead.

It will be out of promoter/organiser's hands, only be allowed host them if its deemed safe by health authorities and can't see that happening as soon as June Im afraid. Not to be the bearer of bad news on a Friday night or anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CELBRIDGE HOOP

What colour is the sky in your world?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So that's:

God bless the EU. Ticketmaster US is busy telling everyone to do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MadYaker wrote: »
    God bless the EU. Ticketmaster US is busy telling everyone to do one.

Both Ticketmaster and AEG in the US have relented and will allow a 30 day refund window for postponed events.
    https://www.spin.com/2020/04/ticketmaster-set-to-offer-refunds-for-postponed-shows-report/

A full refund or 150% credit for future events.
    Thats actually quite enticing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ludovico Einaudi has been rescheduled for Nov 25th in the 3Arena.
    Ticketmaster sent out an email this morning at 10.

We rebooked for the 25th. It's a Wednesday instead of the original gig on Friday which is not great as we are coming from Mayo.

I'm surprised this has been rescheduled for this year at all. They have moved two concerts from the Bord Gais into one bigger one in the 3 Arena which makes it even less likely to go ahead. All the talk from government is that there might be no large gatherings at all this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

No licences to be given for events of more than 5,000 people until September at earliest

https://www.thejournal.ie/mass-gatherings-august-5080226-Apr2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

drake70 wrote: »
    No licences to be given for events of more than 5,000 people until September at earliest

https://www.thejournal.ie/mass-gatherings-august-5080226-Apr2020/

Hopefully that will push the promoters to engage with ticket holders and offer refunds where it has not already happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

That leaves some hope for gigs in Whelans, Vicar St, Olympia by July/August.

So that's:

Can i ask, what hoops if any did you have to jump through? Did you just phone them and tell them, "refund please" or did you have to fill out the online form asking for a refund?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Does anyone know the capacity for the Trinity concerts?
    I am wondering if it is over 5k?
    I have tickets for the haim gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

gmisk wrote: »
    Does anyone know the capacity for the Trinity concerts?
    I am wondering if it is over 5k?
    I have tickets for the haim gig

I think it's up to 5,000 but can't see those gigs going ahead either currently.

Advertisement