Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentina Lisitsa

• 10-03-2020 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

I heard her play Liszt, inter alia.

The best pianist ever, I think.

Comments

There's an excellent video on YouTube of her playing Pathetique live. Well I'm sure any video of her playing it is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

I wonder if she has composed any herself?

It would be good, if possible.

Never heard anyone with such expression with human emotion with a piano

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

She's really quite excellent! I particularly love her playing of Debussy, Chopin and Liszt. Have to say though, I'm a big fan of Barenboim and Schiff for Beethoven. Lisitsa doesn't quite do it for me for his music :)

She's really quite excellent! I particularly love her playing of Debussy, Chopin and Liszt. Have to say though, I'm a big fan of Barenboim and Schiff for Beethoven. Lisitsa doesn't quite do it for me for his music :)
    Yes,
    I was in Bath this month for her Beethoven recital. Sonata op 57 was worth the trip but she added , inter alia, Liszt which was magical place
    Play so much from memory

So much played with no music sheets,

Does anyone know if Valentina Lisitla is in Europe next year?

(How to get tickets?)

We had a great time in Bath.

R

• Advertisement
Advertisement