Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Primavera Sound 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Absolutely no chance of this happening in August. No chance.

If they did what other festivals had done I'm sure we would all consider paying it forward for next year. But that willingness comes with a promoter being up front, like say what Life Festival did.

But what PV are doing here is making people more angry and less likely to subsidise them to not go out of business. It was actually incumbent upon them to be sound here. There was a lot of good will going around a month ago. But they couldn't even get the announcement of their postponement right.

It's been tonedeaf from the beginning.

NOS PS cancelled, all Portugal fest cancelled to Sep 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Barcelona officially cancelled. Refunds from 3rd june or incentives if you keep the ticket. I think I'll keep it. Something to look forward to...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

sweetie wrote: »
    Barcelona officially cancelled. Refunds from 3rd june or incentives if you keep the ticket. I think I'll keep it. Something to look forward to...

Get that from website?

Get that from website?

PS official facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

• Advertisement

PS official facebook

It's up on website front-page now.

Be interesting to see how this plays. A much better response than I was expecting given the dithering thus far.

Just need Aer Lingus to cancel that June 3rd flight now.

Having to wait until 3rd of June to apply for a refund is still a bit harsh.

Having to wait until 3rd of June to apply for a refund is still a bit harsh.

Makes sense to get the infrastructure in place before then, plus with the fact they are firming up headliners for 2021 and announcing them that day, they are hoping that less people apply for refunds if they know who is playing next year.

I've been very annoyed at PV and how they've handled this. But they've managed to turn it around. Let's see how June 3rd goes.

It's up on website front-page now.

Be interesting to see how this plays. A much better response than I was expecting given the dithering thus far.

Just need Aer Lingus to cancel that June 3rd flight now.

Yeah same on the Aer Lingus flight. Its bizarre they have not yet been grounded in the way Ryanair have?

There is always the voucher option but would rather cash in hand.

I had had to set up an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all my refunded gig tickers and flights.

It had been shaping up to be some summer.

Yeah same on the Aer Lingus flight. Its bizarre they have not yet been grounded in the way Ryanair have?

There is always the voucher option but would rather cash in hand.

I had had to set up an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all my refunded gig tickers and flights.

It had been shaping up to be some summer.

I had a nice run of it from March 13 heading to AMS and then Paris for Ireland v France and then over to Glasgow for The twilight sad in April.

Sigh.

Incidentally, Aer lingus refunded march 13 flight as vouchers (i was happy with that given the circumstances and my legal entitlement which was zero), but I'm still waiting on my Glasgow cash refund.

AL will leave it til the last minute to send out the flight cancellation email. So I'll just be sitting tight waiting on that.

• Advertisement

Email from Festicket:
    We regret to inform you that your festival has unfortunately been rescheduled.

The new dates are confirmed as June 2nd to 6th, 2021.

You can read the letter from the director of Primavera Sound here:

Hi,

First of all, the Primavera Sound team hopes that you and yours are fine. We are sending you love in these very difficult times.

Secondly, thank you very much for your patience. We are very sorry to have kept you waiting, but we wanted to address you when all the details of what is going to happen had been resolved.

But, above all, we wanted to be completely sincere with you. After all, you are also part of Primavera Sound and you deserve nothing less. So, if at any point during this crisis it seemed that this was not the case, please forgive us.

You must know that our commitment to you has always been a priority in all the decisions we have made during this crisis.

We were already thinking of you when we announced the lineup for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020, the one for our 20th anniversary, the one that was going to be the #bestfestivalforever, the one that made us dream as much as it made you dream.

We had you in mind when, after the declaration of the global pandemic, we put the health and well-being of our festivalgoers first and decided not to celebrate the festival when it was programmed, in June. It was a hard blow. There is no insurance that offers coverage against this eventuality, not for us and not for you as the consumer.

Of course we also considered you when, with the green light from the local and health authorities, it seemed possible to celebrate it in August and we changed the date. We did so by putting all our effort and enthusiasm into it.

We were so excited when we saw that 86% of the lineup was in for the new date. The same artists that you bought your ticket to see. For them you were also a priority.

You were never far from our thoughts, although it may have seemed that way, when we were discouraged by the fact that there was no clear legal framework for ticket refunds during this exceptional situation: we could not inform you in detail and with confidence about the different options that you would have with your ticket. We felt helpless and it is normal that, as a consequence, you also felt that way because of us. Again, please accept our apologies.

We know that you, like us, experiencing this lockdown and with many doubts about the future, understand that now it makes no sense to continue prolonging this uncertainty when we already know that the gradual lifting of the lockdown around the world would probably lead us to an unnatural Primavera Sound this summer. It wouldn’t be the festival you had bought a ticket for. It wouldn’t be the #bestfestivalforever.

That is why today we are announcing the most difficult decision in the entire history of Primavera Sound: we are very sorry that we have no choice but to postpone the 20th anniversary of Primavera Sound until next year, specifically from June 2nd to 6th, 2021.

Your ticket will be valid for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2021 and will include special benefits to thank you for your loyalty and support if you decide to keep it. But, of course, it will be possible to request a refund if you want to do so. Don’t worry; we will offer several options for you to choose the one that suits you best.

On Wednesday June 3rd, the date on which the festival should have started, the procedure will start and we will get in touch with you directly to fill you in on all the details. On that same day we will begin to reveal the first names of the Primavera Sound 2021 line up. Then you will have more information in order to make the decision that works for you.

Although right now we are sad and worried, we are also sure that this situation that is so difficult for everyone will change and that we have to start looking to the future with hope: today is one day less until Primavera Sound Barcelona 2021.

We are going to work hard to make our postponed 20th anniversary in 2021 the genuine #bestfestivalforever. It will be a party and, of course we want you there. One thing is sure, we will dance together again.

You, precisely because you had faith in us when you bought your ticket and now can decide to keep it, are the person without whom this festival would not be possible.

I can imagine Primavera Sound without many things, but I cannot imagine it without you.

Can’t do without you.

Gabi Ruiz

Primavera Sound Director

Regards
    Festicket Help Team

Can't really argue with that. And lord knows I tried.

Also, Caribou confirmed then... :P

I had a nice run of it from March 13 heading to AMS and then Paris for Ireland v France and then over to Glasgow for The twilight sad in April.

Sigh.

Incidentally, Aer lingus refunded march 13 flight as vouchers (i was happy with that given the circumstances and my legal entitlement which was zero), but I'm still waiting on my Glasgow cash refund.

AL will leave it til the last minute to send out the flight cancellation email. So I'll just be sitting tight waiting on that.

Forgot all about this.

We all should have gotten our cancellation emails from Aer Lingus now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Primavera 2021 lineup just announced, can't tell if it is the withdrawal symptoms kicking in, but that lineup looks really good.. Is it mainly acts that were due to play 2020 or have they added way more?

https://twitter.com/Primavera_Sound/status/1265590770293235712

Be interesting what they propose for 2020 ticket holders.

The important part of the email says:

If you have received this message, it is that you are the holder of a Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020 ticket. You are in luck because that same ticket is valid for the 2021 festival. Now that you know who the first artists in the line up are next year, it's up to you to decide whether you want us to dance together again at our 20th anniversary. We as you already know, cannot hold the #bestfestivalforever without you.

If you decide to keep your ticket YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. Your ticket will be valid for 2021 and you will have the following advantages:

A credit of 10% of the value of your ticket to spend at Primavera Sound 2021.
    Exclusive 24-hour early bird 2022 presale.
    15% discount for a ticket for a friend for the 2021 edition.
    Exclusive edition of Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary book.
    A commemorative T-shirt for Primavera Sound's 20th anniversary.

If unfortunately you cannot come next year, you have two options:

- You can donate your ticket to us and 20 euros of the amount will go to Save The Children, #YoMeCorono and Open Arms. You will also receive the 20th anniversary commemorative book and T-shirt. Click here for more information.

- And if you want you can request a refund of your ticket you have 14 days that will start from June 3rd. Click here for more information.

Whatever you do, we thank you for your loyalty. We know that these are difficult times for everyone, but we have to build whatever awaits us from now on. And you know we can't do it without you. Once again, can’t do without you.

Thanks and a hug from the Primavera Sound team.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Primavera 2021 lineup just announced, can't tell if it is the withdrawal symptoms kicking in, but that lineup looks really good.. Is it mainly acts that were due to play 2020 or have they added way more?

https://twitter.com/Primavera_Sound/status/1265590770293235712

Added Tame Impala & Gorillaz but lost a few mid range acts I think (they will probably still play, just haven't confirmed yet)

Les Savy Fav are still on the lineup. That's a win in my book.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Be interesting what they propose for 2020 ticket holders.

Im happy just to have the ticket. All the other stuff is a welcome extra!

Im happy just to have the ticket. All the other stuff is a welcome extra!

Yeah. I'm less inclined to get the refund now myself than I was a couple of months ago.

Added Tame Impala & Gorillaz but lost a few mid range acts I think (they will probably still play, just haven't confirmed yet)

Lana Del Ray, Kacey Musgraves, Britanny Howard and Massive Attack missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Lana Del Ray, Kacey Musgraves, Britanny Howard and Massive Attack missing

Massive attack isn't missing from the lineup.

Great lineup btw, can't wait for next year.

Massive attack isn't missing from the lineup.

Great lineup btw, can't wait for next year.

oops, was misinformed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Primavera 2021 lineup just announced, can't tell if it is the withdrawal symptoms kicking in, but that lineup looks really good..

for sure, that lineup looks cracking and i'm already dreaming of barcelona when I'd no interest going this year! i'm gettinng 3 tickets next Wednesday, i say they'll sell out quick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the opposite, lost a lot, although plenty more will be added over the next year no doubt, when 2021 tours are finalised.

From someone on efestivals:

Still in from 2020:
    100 GECS
    ABBATH
    AEAEA
    AMAIA
    BAD BUNNY
    BAD GYAL
    BAUHAUS
    BECK
    BIG FREEDIA
    BIG KLIT
    BIKINI KILL
    BLACK COUNTRY, NEW ROAD
    BLACK LIPS
    BLACK MIDI
    BOY HARSHER
    BROCKHAMPTON
    C. TANGANA
    CARIBOU
    CAROLINA DURANTE
    CAROLINE POLACHEK
    CHROMATICS
    CIGARETTES AFTER SEX
    CUBAN DOLL
    DESIRE
    DIIV
    DINSOAUR JR.
    DISCLOSURE
    DUKI
    EARL SWEATSHIRT
    EINSTURZENDE NEAUBAUTEN
    ELA MINUS
    FATIMA YAMAHA
    LA FAVI
    FAYE WEBSTER
    FONTAINES D.C.
    FREDDIE GIBBS & MADLIB
    GABBER MODUS OPERANDI
    HANNAH DIAMOND
    DJ HARVEY
    HELADO NEGRO
    LOS HIJOS DE YAYO
    IGGY POP
    JAMILA WOODS
    JAW BOX
    JEHNNY BETH
    JENNY HVAL
    JESSICA PRATT
    JOAN SHELLEY
    KANO
    KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD
    KING KRULE
    KOFFEE
    LEON VYNEHALL
    LIGHTNING BOLT
    LITTLE SIMZ
    LORENZO SENNI
    MABEL
    MANEL
    MANO LE TOUGH
    MARIA DEL MAR BONET
    MARIAH THE SCIENTIST
    MASSIVE ATTACK
    MICA LEVI
    NAPALM DEATH
    THE NATIONAL
    OKLOU
    OM
    PABLO VITTAR
    PALOMA MAMI
    PAVEMENT
    RAPSODY
    RINA SAWAYAMA
    SANGRE NUEVA
    LES SAVY FAV
    DJ SHADOW
    SHAME
    SHELLAC
    SHYGIRL
    SONIDO LA CHANGA
    SPECIAL REQUEST
    THE STROKES
    TIM BURGESS
    TYLER, THE CREATOR
    VAGINA DENTATA ORGAN
    YO LA TENGO
    YOUNG DOLPH
    YOUNG THUG
    YUNG BEEF
    AMELIE LENS
    NINA KRAVIZ
    JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
    METRONOMY

New for 2021:
    AUTECHRE
    BLACK COFFEE
    CHARLI XCX
    FKA TWIGS
    GORILLAZ
    IDLES
    JAMIE XX
    JORJA SMITH
    TAME IMPALA

Missing from 2020:
    33EMYBW
    AGORAPHOBIA
    AKASHA KID
    LEWS AMAZONES D'AFRIQUE
    ARTHUR VEROCAI
    AURORA HALAL
    AUTOMATIC
    BEACH BUNNY
    BEN UFO
    BICEP
    BILL CALAHAN
    BISCUIT
    BLAWAN
    BRITTANY HOWARD
    BUTTECHNO
    CALL SUPER & SHANTI CELESTE
    THE CARETAKER
    CARISTA CARLA
    CHAQUETA DE CHANDAL
    DJ COCO
    CRUDO PIMENTO
    D TIFFANY
    FERRAN PALAU
    FLOATING POINTS
    DJ FRA
    GABRIELA RICHARSON
    GEORGIA
    GIRL IN RED
    HICKEYS
    HONEY DIJON
    IOSONOUNCANE
    ISABELLA
    IVY BARKAKATI
    JANE FITZ
    JEFF MILLS
    JOHN T. GAST
    JOSEY REBLLE
    DJ JULIETTA FERRARI
    KACEY MUSGRAVES
    KAMMA & MASALO
    KAMPIRE & DECAY
    DIE KATAPULT
    DJ KELVIN
    KHALED
    KILLAVESI
    KIM GORDON
    KIM PETRAS
    KING PRINCESS
    KURT VILE
    LANA DEL REY
    LAWRENCE LE DOUX
    LE NAIS
    LILA TEQUILA
    LINGUA IGNOTA
    DJ LIZZ
    LORENA ALVAREZ
    LORY D
    MAGGIE ROGERS
    MARTHA
    MAVIS STAPLES
    MACANICA POPULAR
    MIKE DRED
    DJ NARAJITO
    NEJO
    NORSICAA
    NURIA GRAHAM
    OSCAR
    MULERO
    OTOBOKE BEAVER
    PARK HYE JIN
    PAUL HEATON & JACQUI ABBOTT
    PELADA
    PENELOPE ISLES
    PILE
    DJ PLAYERO
    PNL
    RICHARD DAWSON
    ROMBO
    SAMPA THE GREAT
    SHERELLA
    SIDE CHICK
    SQUAREPUSHER
    SQUID
    STELLAR OM SOURCE
    SUDAN ARCHIVES
    TRAPANI
    TROPICAL **** STORM
    UNIFORMS
    VIOLET
    VTSS
    WEYES BLOOD
    DJ WHOISDUALIPA
    YOUNG MARCO
    ZA! & LA TRANSMEGACOBLA
    ZOZO
    ANIKA KUNST
    BLOND:ISH
    CHAOS IN THE CBD
    HECTOR OAKS
    JOY HAUSER
    WILLIAM DJOKO
    DAVE P
    L DEVINE
    LUNA KI
    PANTOCRATOR
    ROLLING BLACKOUTS COASTAL FEVER
    TEKI LATEX
    TETO PRETO
    TOPS
    AFRODEUTSCHE
    COMA
    LE HAMMOND INFERNO
    HEALTH
    JAKUZI
    NOGA EREZ
    ROOSEVELT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Due to this year I now what to attend absolutely everything next year. It’s a milestone bday next year and had plans on going to Ibiza but this really would be right up our street...

Would ye recommend guys?

Rfrip wrote: »
    Due to this year I now what to attend absolutely everything next year. It’s a milestone bday next year and had plans on going to Ibiza but this really would be right up our street...

Would ye recommend guys?

Yes. Though there are better festivals out there. The lineup for this for a 20th Anniversary was daycent.

Also, Ibiza is the kitties. So also go to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yes. Though there are better festivals out there. The lineup for this for a 20th Anniversary was daycent.

Also, Ibiza is the kitties. So also go to that.

God I’m too old for Ibiza am I...I don’t even get the slang! #oap

Rfrip wrote: »
    God I’m too old for Ibiza am I...I don’t even get the slang! #oap

Well, given I will be 37 when this rolls around next year and I most certainly had planned to be going to Ibiza at some point in summer 2021, as well as Timewarp next April then no sir, you are not too old. And don't make me say it again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Stillill42

the opposite, lost a lot, although plenty more will be added over the next year no doubt, when 2021 tours are finalised.

From someone on efestivals:

Still in from 2020:
    100 GECS
    ABBATH
    AEAEA
    AMAIA
    BAD BUNNY
    BAD GYAL
    BAUHAUS
    BECK
    BIG FREEDIA
    BIG KLIT