Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Especially gojira I think they’d put on a fantastic show in any anywhere near full 3 Arena.

Think they are the most realistic from those too, would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 37,718 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

All gone quite on the AC/DC touring front

If its slane can't see it being announced til the autumn in time for the xmas market

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All gone quite on the AC/DC touring front

If its slane can't see it being announced til the autumn in time for the xmas market

Probably makes sense to leave a summer 2020 tour announcement until Christmas.

The Nal wrote: »
    Probably makes sense to leave a summer 2020 tour announcement until Christmas.

Reckon they will go hard with this anniversary ballax and have documentarys, limited edition this and that etc too accompany the tour and make a nice final cash day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Deagol

Forever Young 2020 Confirmed for 10-12th July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

William Shatner is on stage following a screening of Star Trek 2 in the BGE theatre next March

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1155750210972393473?s=19

Supergrass

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Supergrass

Any dates or venues ?? Thanks

exilec wrote: »
    Any dates or venues ?? Thanks

TBC

Edit: Looks like Glastonbury 2020 is a go

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

William Shatner is on stage following a screening of Star Trek 2 in the BGE theatre next March

Cheapest tickets (including fees) seem to be around the 57 euro mark! I'm not sure if i'm just mean but this seems a bit steep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

Cheapest tickets (including fees) seem to be around the 57 euro mark! I'm not sure if i'm just mean but this seems a bit steep?

Those toupees dont come cheap :)

Can see Slane 2020 been announced sometime in the autumn with AC/DC been the headliners

Really hard to guess who will be touring next year. Rumours of Guns N Rose's, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Pearl Jam touring Europe in the summer of 2020. Paul McCartney maybe in Europe

Wishlist for 2020 for gigs here
    Tool
    Alter Bridge
    Bruce Springsteen
    Garth Brooks (although think that ship has sailed and hes happier touring stateside and making his millions there)
    Pearl Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

AC/DC in Slane I wouldn't bother seeing. Easier to get a flight from Shannon to a Manchester or London show or connect.

I read somewhere that Bruce Springsteen wouldn't be touring for the Western Stars album, which is a pity, but I'm hopeful.

Tool new album, I could see a tour announcement, wouldn't surprise me. Pearl Jam always rumoured but doesn't happen. Beck might make another stop with his new album out in November. GNR might return is a rumour online.

My bucket list would be tool, Sigur Ros (completely silent for the last few years), M83 (new album in a few weeks) and The Smashing Pumpkins (don't think it will happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I Prevail are playing Dublin Academy on 21st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Tyler Childers playing the Grand Social in January

I'd like this to be Slane 2020

AC/DC
    Greata Van Fleet
    Black Star Riders or Thin Lizzy
    The Darkness
    The Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

At Foos Fighters, I asked a guy with MCD about any gigs coming up and he said there will be announcements in September. Wouldn't tell me anything when asked about Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

DarMul17 wrote: »
    At Foos Fighters, I asked a guy with MCD about any gigs coming up and he said there will be announcements in September. Wouldn't tell me anything when asked about Slane.

Surely MCD announce gigs all the time so that’s hardly much to go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ECjygykWsAAQr-x?format=jpg&name=small

General Sale on Friday August 30th from 9:00am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

No presale codes on Three website yet.

Hope they will release them today.

Zardoz wrote: »
    ECjygykWsAAQr-x?format=jpg&name=small

General Sale on Friday August 30th from 9:00am

Almost 5 years to the day since they played here with Korn

Can't afford ticket atm but might try and get closer to the date. Great lineup behemoth the new ghost (well not in music terms ha)

Hope the tickets are cheap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

If you live in Ulster countryside it is easier to go to Glasgow on the Saturday to see Slipknot as you need to take 2 days off work to attend a Dublin concert, that is what I have to do to see Lacuna Coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ekano

If you live in Ulster countryside it is easier to go to Glasgow on the Saturday to see Slipknot as you need to take 2 days off work to attend a Dublin concert, that is what I have to do to see Lacuna Coil.

I'm in Cork and thinking of going to London. Easier same price and on a Saturday also

London for gigs. Yuck. Why would you go there when you could do Stuttgart, Stockholm or Oslo instead? All Friday/Saturday shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ekano

London for gigs. Yuck. Why would you go there when you could do Stuttgart, Stockholm or Oslo instead? All Friday/Saturday shows.

No flights from Cork unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I'd love to go to Slipknot.

I'm probably a bit old for them.

What sort of a crowd will attend a Slipknot gig? Will it be very messy?

Maybe they'd have an auld lads section :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 matthewbyrne7

Slasher wrote: »

Never ever too old for a Slipknot show or any band in general that's ridiculous!

A general mix of new and older fans, majority nice people like most heavy metal shows in Dublin...

If you get your knees down and jump for Spit it Out it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Great lineup behemoth the new ghost (well not in music terms ha)

New? they predate Slipknot never mind Ghost! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Slasher wrote: »

You’d be grand. I’ve been at quite a few metal concerts and while you’ll definitely have your ‘stereotypes’ they are far and few between. Most people are very dead sound!

Advertisement