Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Study Material for GAMSAT?

Options
  • 11-10-2017 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone who did the GAMSAT (or currently studying for it), what did you use/are using to study.

Section 1: I’ve been told to watch Ted Talks and read classic literature but is there more to it? Should I just read Novels and Poems or should I also read screenplays and Shakespeare? Is there a book to help in this section?

Section 2: I’ve been told to read novels and watch Ted Talks (like section 1) and keep up to date on current affairs. Also to write essays. But what should I write essays on? I’ve also been told that getting a vocab book is important (but which one should I get?). Are there any books to help with this section?

Section 3 I’ve been told that I need a higher level LC understanding of Biology/Chemistry/Physics. But should I use actual LC books (which I’m told are trash anyway) or should I use Revise Wise or ... for Dummies type books?

If anyone has any information (Particularly someone who can just lay it out what material I need altogether lol).

Also did anyone use Khan Academy? What sections did you look at? I heard that that is the best online recourse (comparing it to adds O’Neill and Gold Standard).

Thanks anyone that can help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I wouldn't get too bogged down with what the "right" way to prepare is. Different things work for different people.

I watched Khan Academy videos and used the Des O'Neill question bank. Having sat the exam, I felt I would have been better off spending more time practicing questions, and less time covering the material. Still waiting for the results! Best of luck with the exam in March. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

I wouldn't get too bogged down with what the "right" way to prepare is. Different things work for different people.

I watched Khan Academy videos and used the Des O'Neill question bank. Having sat the exam, I felt I would have been better off spending more time practicing questions, and less time covering the material. Still waiting for the results! Best of luck with the exam in March. :)

Thanks, I’m gonna start Khan Academy tonight anyway ha

Advertisement