Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Architecture/Architectural Technology

• 05-09-2009 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey goys and gurls (hopefully :D)

Just thought id start a thread about Architecture/Architectural Technology in DIT for us freshers, any feedback from past students or current students would be helpful :cool:

Anyways, hopefully we get some chat going in here and get to know a few folk before registration.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Coco_16

hey anyone any idea whats up on wed 16th ? timetable says check with dept !? wondering if we're gonna b in for full day r what d story! if any 1 kno's ..do tell :D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 spraticus

Which one are you doing yourself?

I'll be in for Architecture, so i might see you there

i'm in architecture too,,so yeah will cya ther ! dont kno a whole lotta ppl in the course so wahey for boards! :P

..and i think we'll hav the thurs and fri free anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Wens night is party night :)

Damn yous, poor wul me only doing Arch Tech, feel so inferior in this thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hellother

im doing architecture too!! didnt even notice the wed..check with dept thing!! yikes, just figured we were only in mon and tues!!

oh and coco?? all honours too??
    its julie, your fellow all honours chatee, lol

ps, anyone know how to change your user names?! i put down hello ther, but just realised together it looks like hell other...dont really want hell in my name, i could come across as a satanist...haha :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭silasrat

i solidarity with dar dar, im in arch tech too, your not alone!

silasrat wrote: »
    i solidarity with dar dar, im in arch tech too, your not alone!
    We can suffer together :pac:

any idea how many hours a week the course is?

Which course? I think Architecture is about 40

the arch tech course?

• Advertisement

40 hr wk!? gud 2 hav an idea b4 startin anyway!

hey julie :D!! haha,yeah ..i noticed allhonours finally made way for its newbie LCers :L!

kul so whens our first freshers party then ?!:P why not get a boardsies thing goin ! ( techies ..ur in too yeah?! ;) )

So wheres everyone living?

Anyone got an apartment :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sofi

I'm starting architecture too!:)Don't know anyone else doing the course:confused: So hey fellow classmates:D

yeah i dont know anyone either, i think loads of ppl dont know ayn1 so alot of us are all in the same boat!! thats the fun of it like!! reason why i didnt put ucd first!!seems like my whole year is going there!!

and im not getting a house, live in dublin, so mumsie and dadsie 's roof will do fine for now!! :P

and yeah freshers party, whats the dealio with it? anyone know what the first event is? i heard the blizzards are back again for the ball but could be just a rumour!!

I heard the same myself, it seems to be on after freshers week anyway, unless my eyes decieve me....

It'd be cool if we had a like Simian Mobile Disco as they have in UCD

Doubt they could pull a better group they UCD have, hope to be proved wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Casok

Howiya Ren? :D Stallin it twn tmo 4 ur waisty? :P

em, anyone wana know bout architecture course try this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055444388

Coco will vouch 4 its help :P pretty much helped me decide to do architecture :D

[HTML][/HTML]http://webtimetables.dit.ie/TTSuiteRBLIVE/PortalServ?reqtype=timetable&action=getgrid&sType=class&sKey=200910|DT101|DT101/1|1&sTitle=Degree in Architecture DT101 / 1&sYear=1&sWeeks=&namevalue=Degree in Architecture DT101 / 1&instCode=-2&instName=

k i really dont know how to do links so i doubt this will come up as one, but if you just copy and paste the above it should lead you to our timetable for next year!!

9-21:30 on thurs guys!! WHOA!!

Yeah i saw that, but it seems to talks from guest lecturers

yeah! how bad you think it be if i missed one of those, meant to be heading to a debs, not mine, that evening, so would have to leave college round 3 or 4!!

• Advertisement

I'm sure the lecturers wouldn't notice and if they gave notes you could always get them the next day or whenever you recover

ye wats the story with that thing, can you get the notes the next day off the internet? do alll lecturers put them up or wat? I'm missing the full orientation week and first 2 days of lectures cuz g2g to wedding in italy .. have cleared it with the department but im just wondering if you can get the stuff you missed off the internet or wat?

i dont really know bout notes but ill prob be seeing my friend later whose in 2nd yr so ill ask him then! :D

but as for missing lectures he said just get ppl to sign your name in if they look for attendance but most don't! have 2 debs to go to so ill def be asking peeps to that for me! :D:)

oh and Sofi....check out "know your DIT" last page, comment by CptnRed. We already have someone that holds a grudge against us and we havnt even started college yet!!!! lol :P

oh and casok...wedding in italy?? .......jealous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sofi

Hehe hello ther:p Your right, we haven't even stepped foot in the college yet! sorry Cptn. Red:( Oh has anyone heard of 'Fred'? they any good?? my speakers won't work on my computer:@ rrrrrr I want to know what they sound like!:)

well i looked them up earlier and i really like them!!! i say theyll be class live!! only listened to two songs but they sound very promising!! i like the song "running" in particular, but dont wanna chec out the rest so if theyre good it will come as a welcome surprise!! :D
    the codes are also very good.

though saying all that we may have completely different tastes of music!! my fav artist atm is florence and the machine, so if you like her, our tastes could be similar, if you hate her.......we should prob stop talkin now :P:L:L

yeah full moon party sounds class!! is anyone gonna buy that ticket for a tenner that gets you in anywhere?

I'd like to buy one of those tickets, but isn't there only around 200 of the for sale?

woah ..just bak from paris ..lotta stuf has happend on this thread since i left :L:L!
    whats this full moon party then!?:D:)

hellother wrote: »
    oh and casok...wedding in italy?? .......jealous!!

HAHAHAHAH ..... bit harsh but il laugh again anyway HAHAHAHA :P

ye, delighted to be gettin a break for a lil bit :D

Instead of posting in the know your DIT's thread, do ya wana just do it for architecture/arch tech? Effort of trying to find arch students in that huge thread :P
    I'll go anyway

Name: Chris
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Not sure yet, prob wnt have the time :P love football though!
    How to notice: Em .. I mite wear a name tag for the laugh ... lol

• Advertisement

Wait, i know how il be noticed ...... I'll be the tanned one :P plus il be the only person yiz havent seen upto that haha

Advertisement