Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engagement ring Cork

• 20-06-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Been a few years since the last threads or posts on this I think. From those recommendations seem to be Keane's (I'd have guessed that!) Or Askoy. Any recent recommendations folks? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Tim, Annette and Audrey and the rest of the staff have taken care of my family over the years, michels jewelers near easons on Patrick street.

Can’t recommend them enough, will be getting an eternity ring in a little over 2yrs (for 10yr anniversary) for my wife.

I can’t fault keanes either, sister in-law works there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: FillaName, I’ve had to delete you post as it breaches the charter. If you have a look, you’ll see that it’s a requirement to be a member for at least 2 months or have a minimum of 20 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

same on this one - got engaged during lockdown, so haven't got my ring yet.......but am thinking of more antique options - anyone got any idea of bang for buck, or am I better off to head to the UK where jewellery (antique anyway) doesn't seem to be half as expensive?

would like something with a bit of character and history to it - a lot of the modern rings are bit samey for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

cjmcork wrote: »
    same on this one - got engaged during lockdown, so haven't got my ring yet.......but am thinking of more antique options - anyone got any idea of bang for buck, or am I better off to head to the UK where jewellery (antique anyway) doesn't seem to be half as expensive?

would like something with a bit of character and history to it - a lot of the modern rings are bit samey for me

Get you to Hatton Garden as soon as you're able. Much nicer rings and less expensive than here. Aksoy, Platinum Works are nice for Cork. Keane's is very overpriced and the ring designs very generic IMO.

Advertisement