Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crucial Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics Card

Options
  • 31-10-2003 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some Ram prices on www.crucial.com and noticed they are now selling graphics cards. Seems to be quite cheap compared even to the likes of Komplett. No idea if there are reviews of it out there or not yet. I realise the 9800xt Pro will be upon us soon but I think this may still be good value. Anyway just for your information.

Crucial part number: CTV9800P128A28

State-of-the-art:

* 128MB quad-channel DDR memory
    * 380MHz core frequency/2.8ns memory
    * Support for DirectX® 9

Price (VAT exclusive): €313.99
    Price (*VAT inclusive): €368.94

http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/partspecs.asp?IMODULE=CTV9800P128A28

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

As far as i know they have been selling graphic cards for some time now.
    If you want the XT there are ways to get around this :D
    9800 - 9800XT mod

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they arn't the cheapest radeon's going (although they are cheaper than most brands) look at these

here

and with komplett's new 9.99 parcel force delivery it works out cheaper than the crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I'm not 100% sure but I think the powercolour radeons haven't gotten great reviews at all. Slower ram it seems.

Did find reviews of the crucial ones saying they were pretty decent though.

Anyway keep it coming. Good prices on graphics cards are always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

There are new Powercolor cards out with FASTER ram than standard. (New editions of the XT series).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

powercolours is ok if you're not planning to flash/overclock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

http://www.kl1128.fsnet.co.uk/

Grandmars 9800np 128meg (not samsung) for £195 + £8 P&P to Ireland.

£203.00 GBP = €296.275

I sent a money order I bought from the bank and got the card a few days later, the memory has heat sinks attached and its good for 320 mhz or 33 in a good cool case.

I bought from him without any problems, he ships stuff in from Hong Kong so his prices are good.

Advertisement