Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holles street SP Consultant

Options
  • 09-12-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi There everyone.

I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant on my first :) and need to pick a consultant to book myself into the clinic. Can anyone recommend any of the options of doctors below - Any would appreciate any negative feedback if anyone has any (Pm me if you wish).

Dr Jennifer Walsh
    Dr Gerard Agnew
    Dr Peter McParland
    Dr Michael Robson
    Dr Nita Adnan
    Dr Stephen Carroll
    Dr Fionnvola Armstrong
    Dr Siobhan Corcoran

Thanks in advance
    Nervous first time mamma to be
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Would not recommended one on that list for medical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chelliebabie

lazygal wrote: »
    Would not recommended one on that list for medical reasons.

Thanks - could you tell me who please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Not on your list but is a holles st consultant who I found fantastic. Dr orla sheil

cruais wrote: »
    Not on your list but is a holles st consultant who I found fantastic. Dr orla sheil

Thank you so much for posting but I can only choose from the list I've been provided and might not even get first choice. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Hi There everyone.

I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant on my first :) and need to pick a consultant to book myself into the clinic. Can anyone recommend any of the options of doctors below - Any would appreciate any negative feedback if anyone has any (Pm me if you wish).

Dr Jennifer Walsh
    Dr Gerard Agnew
    Dr Peter McParland
    Dr Michael Robson
    Dr Nita Adnan
    Dr Stephen Carroll
    Dr Fionnvola Armstrong
    Dr Siobhan Corcoran

Thanks in advance
    Nervous first time mamma to be
    x

Huge congrats on your pregnancy! I was under Dr Gerry Agnew and I found him brilliant. I had a tricky time towards the end of my pregnancy and he was really great at going through all outcomes with me and my husband (this was pre COVID).

My friend was under Dr McParland and she found him really good too. From what I recall the consultants have set days in the semi private so if you want to have your appointments on a Tuesday for example, that’s when Dr Agnew is in.

You might not always get to see your consultant as they may be delivering babies etc but you will always see a doctor.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

NicsM wrote: »
    Huge congrats on your pregnancy! I was under Dr Gerry Agnew and I found him brilliant. I had a tricky time towards the end of my pregnancy and he was really great at going through all outcomes with me and my husband (this was pre COVID).

My friend was under Dr McParland and she found him really good too. From what I recall the consultants have set days in the semi private so if you want to have your appointments on a Tuesday for example, that’s when Dr Agnew is in.

You might not always get to see your consultant as they may be delivering babies etc but you will always see a doctor.

Best of luck!

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I actually went with Gerry Agnew, first app with him in Feb all going well.
    Did you go SP or Private?

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I actually went with Gerry Agnew, first app with him in Feb all going well.
    Did you go SP or Private?

I went semi private in the end and I really felt the care was brilliant. I got scanned (quickly!) at every consultant appointment which was really reassuring as a first time mum.

I think the main difference between SP and private is that if you go private you are guaranteed a private room after giving birth. Private patients are in a different ward of their own in Holles street.

NicsM wrote: »
    I went semi private in the end and I really felt the care was brilliant. I got scanned (quickly!) at every consultant appointment which was really reassuring as a first time mum.

I think the main difference between SP and private is that if you go private you are guaranteed a private room after giving birth. Private patients are in a different ward of their own in Holles street.

Thanks a mill - I'm SP aswell with Gerry so hopefully fingers crossed I'll have as good as an experience as you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Gerry Agnew is a lovely man. I saw him a couple of times on my second pregnancy (had complications and my consultant was on holiday) and I found him great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

We've had Stephen Caroll for 2. One private,one semi private. Found his care is top notch. He lets nothing slide and is very generous with his time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Another recommendation for Stephen Carroll here.
    He's excellent, really took the time to listen to all my concerns and my complicated history and helped me to work on a plan to ease my anxiety while not rushing any decisions or compromising on safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 katemac4

Hi lazygal, would you mind PMing me who you’re talking about please? I need to book with someone as can’t get my first choice and worried I’ll make the wrong choice. Thanks a million

Advertisement