Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leo worrying about meeting Kylie? WTF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Both he and those fucking dickheads from LCD Soundsystem came across as right gobshites a couple of years ago.

He should have learned his lesson and just go to concerts in his spare time without licking the arse of whoever he's going to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Who did he tell?

If he did it in private it wouldn’t have been available to the public, use your imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    If he did it in private it wouldn’t have been available to the public, use your imagination.

You're trying your best to get any angle of this none story going arent you.

Some gob****e "journalist" with literally nothing to be doing with themselves dug it out under foi from where no one would have looked or cared enough to look.

Have you really nothing important to be outraged about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Of all the things to give out about ref Leo, this must surely be near the bottom, and then some.

He's a fan, leave him at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Anteayer wrote: »
    I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't really see the issue.
    I don't really have any expectations that a taoiseach should have exclusively non-pop music taste.
    He likes Kylie. Big deal!

She did churn out some cringe inducing pure cheese in the early days but her last incarnation was actually fairly credible electronica influenced pop.

I would rather we focus on how he's doing in terms of delivering policy. I think he's doing quite well on Brexit and global affairs and his government has delivered on a lot of key sosial policy issues : marriage equality, bringing Irish abortion law to some kind of vaguely sane situation, getting rid of blasphemy as an offence and probably dealing with the crazy divorce laws in may too.

However, his government isn't delivering on health or housing in kind of radical way that is clearly necessary. I appreciate there's a lag in getting houses built but we need to be pulling out all the stops and getting things moving.

Health is complicated and goes back decades but where did this promise of major reforms and single tier health cover go?!

Those two issues are really all I'll be focused on as negatives.

I also find the jibes between FG and SF annoying. I'd doesn't make me want to vote for either of them. I'm not into negative campaigning and tribalism.

I've no issues whatsoever with his taste in pop music and I also have no issues with him just being himself. I'd frankly prefer if he felt he could loosen up a bit.

My vote will come down to policy though not pop music or personality.

Excellent comment. However most people with blind allegiances to opposition parties will call you a FG shill because you dare speak objectively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,840 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Of all the things to give out about ref Leo, this must surely be near the bottom, and then some.

He's a fan, leave him at it.

Not having a go Johnny, having a laff. It's kinda cute but funny. I'm a fan of Miss Minogue myself. And her music is ok too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Kylie is like a miniature.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kneemos wrote: »
    Kylie is like a miniature.

A sexy miniature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I think it's fine. Shows a bit of character.

Would be a bit different if it was Kylie Kardashian. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

At least he didn’t go on, and on, on and, on and on demanding governmental intervention to override planning pension for a Garth Brooks concert.

FF even published a bill to try and resolve that one.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/government-urged-to-save-garth-brooks-gigs-with-planning-laws-1.1858060

Now that was cringe inducing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A sexy miniature.

Well,yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

A sexy 50 year old lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

He just cant get her out of his head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

It’s not that long ago we had Taoiseach who stole money from funds raised to pay for a friends medical treatment, bought entire islands with no obvious means to do so, handled cash only with no bank account, appeared drunk on morning radio, were openly corrupt............this is cringe but no more than that.

Well many ppl have higher standards for the other tribe in politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Plenty of whataboutery idiots in this thread.

Health, housing enough said. FG/FF have been utterly appalling here. we want action and not hollow soundbites. It is criminal how the government has not fallen from cervical check and the childrens hospital. A sign of Irish apathy.

Why is a meeting with Kylie even newsworthy anyway. Leo has an enormous over inflated ego in comparison to his achievements and capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Should have guessed it was that gobsh1te O Riordain that was whinging about this non story, Jim Larkin must be spinning in his grave.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

If I was him I probably would have done the exact same thing except with Taylor instead. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭pgj2015

what sort of man goes to kylie minogue concerts? its ridiculous.

You're trying your best to get any angle of this none story going arent you.

Some gob****e "journalist" with literally nothing to be doing with themselves dug it out under foi from where no one would have looked or cared enough to look.

Have you really nothing important to be outraged about.

I could ask you the same getting outraged about what posters write on a public forum, pot kettle?

• Advertisement

Health system is a disgrace tbh. I spent from 7 to 5 in the morning in the Mater A&E with a very old relative a few weeks ago and it's going to be informing my voting decisions.

The problem is I'm seeing nothing from FF/FG on that issue. It’s been a permanent crisis in health for my entire lifetime.

This stuff is just tabloid nonsense.

pgj2015 wrote: »

A gay man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

pgj2015 wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Not manly enough?

Perfer it if he went to Iron Maiden concerts and shook that head up and down wildly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Sure he's meant to have no social life, live like a hermit and be generally zero craic. Surely he should know we all begrudge him being happy in his personal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't really care about Leo going to Kylie, but I did have a good uncharitable laugh at the photo of him and all of his mates having their photo taken with her. 6 grown men looking beside themselves with excitement and her like a mummified pixie it the middle. It made my lunch break.

AllForIt wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Not manly enough?

Perfer it if he went to Iron Maiden concerts and shook that head up and down wildly?

Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I don't really care about Leo going to Kylie, but I did have a good uncharitable laugh at the photo of him and all of his mates having their photo taken with her. 6 grown men looking beside themselves with excitement and her like a mummified pixie it the middle. It made my lunch break.

I'd say they all just think she's fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,840 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Maybe it isn't important in modern 'texting, posing with celeb days' but I'm surprised there have been no comments on the handwriting. My young fella was writing better at 8 or 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

368100 wrote: »
    Sure he's meant to have no social life, live like a hermit and be generally zero craic. Surely he should know we all begrudge him being happy in his personal life.

What have government headed letters got to do with his personal life?

• Advertisement

Maybe it isn't important in modern 'texting, posing with celeb days' but I'm surprised there have been no comments on the handwriting. My young fella was writing better at 8 or 9.

have you never seen doctors writing on the prescriptions.

Advertisement