Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lotsobear

Enda Kenny has a lot to answer for when is further empowered these people without any consideration for the impact their behaviour has on society

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

lotsobear wrote: »
    Enda Kenny has a lot to answer for when is further empowered these people without any consideration for the impact their behaviour has on society

Did he confide in you often about his decision making process at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

It would be interesting to know what John Connors thoughts are on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When’s he robs some pensioner in 20 years it will be the settled people’s fault that they turned him
    into an alcoholic.

According to John Connors anyway.
    ricero wrote: »
    T'is culture boss !

Look forward to John Connors take on this
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    John Connors ( actor) must have had the black stuff hooked to his veins from aged three

Lads, why the f*ck are you bringing John Connors into this at all on this thread?

He has his own thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

While the video only adds to my perception of travelers as being some of the worst types of human beings on the planet. I don't rely on it or videos like it to hold this viewpoint. That comes from first-hand experience.

Over the last 12 months, my own personal experiences with travelers include:

Dangerous Sulky race on a public road
    Encroachment onto private lands adjacent to where I live and dumping **** everywhere
    Attempted Counterfeit currency payment to me in my place of work
    Aggressive, drunken and public disorder on the ferry from Holyhead

Then a friend of mine from Holland was telling me even over there Irish travelers are going around scamming elderly dutch pensioners by offering to do domestic repair work and extorting money off them afterward.

Now undoubtedly some of these behaviorisms do exist in the settled population. However on a per capita basis, based on my own experience there is absolutely no comparison and to say otherwise is false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Omackeral wrote: »
    Lads, why the f*ck are you bringing John Connors into this at all on this thread?

Looking forward to John Connors’ take on that thread.

The tide is turning…

lotsobear wrote: »
    Pter wrote: »
    Did he confide in you often about his decision making process at the time?

Seems like something a referendum would be useful for but then again we're all racist...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Kid looks soft - reckon my 4 year old would take him

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

The father is saving the hulk from a life of crime !!!
    He's feeding him Guinness to fatten him up so the hulk wot be able to fit in tru house / shop windows etc when the crew is out " working " at night !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Seems like something a referendum would be useful for but then again we're all racist...

Referenda are for changing the constitution. What part of the constitution are you looking to change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

what did the ethnic status recognition thing achieve?

travellers already had specific protections under discrimination legislation.

did it further emphasis travellers as "the other"? i think thats a fair observation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Seriously though, why do people keep saying "I'd like to know John Connors' take on this"?

Folks, you know there'll just be radio silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

A lot of Barrister's make an absolute fortune defending Travellers.

It doesn't matter whether the travellers win or lose.

But the Barrister takes his or her cut no matter what way holds sway.

They're all getting free legal aid.

Their culture is good for keeping the bar rolling.....

The father is saving the hulk from a life of crime !!!
    He's feeding him Guinness to fatten him up so the hulk wot be able to fit in tru house / shop windows etc when the crew is out " working " at night !!!

The kid obviously doesn’t want to drink the Guinness. He only took a few sips.

Pter wrote: »
    Referenda are for changing the constitution. What part of the constitution are you looking to change?

Actually feel that Travellers are fairly well protected under the Constitution as it is.

Freedom to travel
    You have a right to move freely within the State. You also have a broader right to travel and to get a passport for the purpose of travelling.

Equality before the law
    All citizens shall be held equal before the law (Article 40 of the Constitution). This means that the State cannot unjustly, unreasonably or arbitrarily discriminate between citizens. You cannot be treated as inferior or superior to any other person in society simply because of your human attributes or your ethnic, racial, social or religious background.

The third one is interesting given the nature of this thread.

The rights of children
    Article 42A was added to the Constitution in 2015. It affirms children’s natural and imprescriptible rights and the State’s duty to uphold these rights. Children have the right for their best interests to be of paramount consideration where the State seeks to intervene to protect their safety and welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

goat2 wrote: »
    you wonder if this young lad can, read or write,
    there would be none of this ould behaviour from them, if there was no dole, or free house,
    Disgusting kind of stuff
    He can barely talk, I doubt he can read or write.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

The kid is doing exectly what his father is telling him what to do !!!
    The kid has now got a taste of alcohol .
    It doesn't matter it was only a few sips ( in your words ) .
    This is how children turn out to be alcoholics / violent / criminals etc etc .
    In general if your a good parent ...your child will turn out fine .
    " THE FRUIT DOESNT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

The kid is doing exectly what his father is telling him what to do !!!
    The kid has now got a taste of alcohol .
    It doesn't matter it was only a few sips ( in your words ) .
    This is how children turn out to be alcoholics / violent / criminals etc etc .
    In general if your a good parent ...your child will turn out fine .
    " THE FRUIT DOESNT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE "

Jaysus...that went from 0-60 quicker than a lambergotti fasterossa !!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cienciano wrote: »
    He can barely talk, I doubt he can read or write.

What does it matter so long as he can bate the head off of his opponent when he grows up? They place no value on book learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

It's actually a bit heartbreaking when the kid says that he cant drink fast while that lowlife scumbag of a "father" forces him to try neck it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Just when you thought you seen it all with this crew a video like this comes along.Confirms even more they're the scum of the Earth and need to be wiped from the face of the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,479 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder what the views of Tubridy, Miriam O’Callaghan, Dr. Ciara Kelly and the rest of the media who stand up for Travellers and put down anyone with with an opposing view actually think of this video?
    My guess is that they’d turn a blind eye and totally ignore it’s existence as it wouldn’t suit their agenda.
    I’d love to see a family like this moving in next door to each of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Travelers should have been forcibly settled in the period between the founding of the state and our joining of the EEC.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

pablo128 wrote: »
    Have you not read the thread? What has an incident in Northern Ireland got to do with our politicians?

- In 10 or 20 years time, it could easily have a lot to do with our politicians. We might as well get involved before we've inherited a bigger problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Yeah, he should be drinking Ribena not stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Has that mouth from pavee point come out to condemn the video?
    He surfaces when travellers feel even slightly offended but doubtful he'll want to talk about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The chissler is a miniature Big Joe Joyce. Draw a handlebar moustache on him and he's a dead ringer.

As for the content of the video? Doin' no harm to nobody, yis bunch of innocent racists.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

A lot of criticism on here but some day that young chap will grow up to be champion of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Bob Harris wrote: »
    A lot of criticism on here but some day that young chap will grow up to be champion of the world.

He'll get a few belts along the way, looks like he's not going to be a lightweight by my observation :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Tacklebox wrote: »
    He'll get a few belts along the way, looks like he's not going to be a lightweight by my observation :D

He looks a bit of a lightweight drinker. Couldn't even finish a glass of Guinness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement