Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should sports incorporate avenues for non-gendered people?

• 09-03-2019 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

So for example you would have men’s soccer, ladies soccer and then non-gendered soccer for those who do not identify as a gender.

Everyone talks about equality but this issue is being ignored?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,480 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No.
    Because it’s stupid imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭wobatkicker23

No.
    Because it’s stupid imo.

Excuse me? That is totally backward and sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

How is it sexist if you don't identify as a sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

There is nothing stopping transgender and non-binary people from setting up something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

So for example you would have men’s soccer, ladies soccer and then non-gendered soccer for those who do not identify as a gender.

No because it wouldn't be a level playing field and a fair competition.

• Advertisement

Sheeps wrote: »
    There is nothing stopping transgender and non-binary people from setting up something like this.

Transgender people and non-binary people have nothing in common?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What do you think?

No because it wouldn't be a level playing field and a fair competition.

I can’t play basketball in the NBA because I am 5’2. Are you saying that’s fair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I have all the medals in all the sports in my gender-class, just because theres no one to compete against doesn't mean I shouldn't be world champion

I can’t play basketball in the NBA because I am 5’2. Are you saying that’s fair?

Yup you don't get to decide if you get to play in the NBA your talent and skill is what gets you there. So there clearly hasn't been a 5'2 player that has been talented enough to make it into the NBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They all have heads. As Shakespeare wrote, “if I agree with you, do I not nod?”.

Where’s the league for people with no heads? Justice for the nodding-challenged!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

You came on here, asked a question in AH, when someone who does not agree with you givers THEIR OPINION, you cut them down:confused::confused::confused:

I agree that it should not be incorporated as in my opinion, even if you don't agree with it I am still entitled to it, this is PC madness and everyone is afraid to speak out if they differ from it.:mad:

You are either male or female. Simples....

(Krispie now sits and waits for the ambush of band wagon jumping opinionites..):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If there are enough non gender people available to play in sustainable tournaments or competitions then they should lobby to have them set up, I’d be confident there isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

I actually think it should happen. I hope it gets the attention and respect it deserves. I won’t be watching

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sick of this gender/equality politically correct nonsense that seems to be nigh on impossible to escape these days.

To answer the OP.

Go on and ask me bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sick of this gender/equality politically correct nonsense that seems to be nigh on impossible to escape these days.

To answer the OP.

Go on and ask me bollocks.

And me ghee.
    Just for balance.

Yup you don't get to decide if you get to play in the NBA your talent and skill is what gets you there. So there clearly hasn't been a 5'2 player that has been talented enough to make it into the NBA.

So you think women should be competing in men’s sports and if their physical barriers prevent them it’s due to lack of talent?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Again, what's your opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You seem to be looking for outrage and an argument op. Keep looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

They wont let me, a 40 year old,on the local U 21 soccer team even though I identify as a 20 year old.

• Advertisement

So you think women should be competing in men’s sports and if their physical barriers prevent them it’s due to lack of talent?

Nope I do not.

Would you like to see a female boxer fight a male boxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Don't care

Nope I do not.

My point was that me being too small to play in the NBA is the same as a woman being to weak for men’s sports.

You implied that I should be able to make up for my physical deficiencies through talent. Why can’t the same logic be applied to women?

My point was that me being too small to play in the NBA is the same as a woman being to weak for men’s sports.

You do understand that there are biological differences between men and women so in general yes women are too weak physically to compete in men's sports. If you think otherwise you are seriously deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,480 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You implied that I should be able to make up for my physical deficiencies through talent. Why can’t the same logic be applied to women?

Or a dwarf being too small for the high jump.

You do understand that there are biological differences between men and women so in general yes women are too weak physically to compete with men. If you think otherwise you are seriously deluded.

There are biological differences between me and the athletes in the NBA. Most obviously, height!

Or a dwarf being too small for the high jump.

Well in fairness they would be competing in parasports.

There are biological differences between me and the athletes in the NBA. Most obviously, height!

And your point is?
    Most men are more physically talented than women which is why they don't compete together.

I'll ask you again:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have no division gender in sport. Then the best get paid the most / win things based on merit

• Advertisement

And your point is?
    Most men are more physically talented than women which is why they don't compete together.

I'll ask you again:

No I wouldn’t because I don’t think it’s fair?

Advertisement