Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

She should be forced to dress up as a Pirate for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭bigroad

She is the Antichrist.

A Boris Johnson wet dream, nothing will shut down UK borders with EU countries faster than their own weak security. The "official" reason why Russians have never been granted visa free access to the EU for example is because the EU says its not satisfied with Russia's borders with the central Asian Muslim "Stans".

If the UK has the same leaky border policy with Syria and open IS jihadis then the faster they get their No Deal BreXit the better. A suicide vest does the same damage if worn by a 15 year old than it does by a 45 year old after all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's very simple as far as i'm concerned.

she was born in britain as i understand therefore she is britain's problem and responsibility and they shouldn't even be able to be in a position to discuss whether she comes back. if they refuse her admission followed by lockeing her up and she goes to another country and commits a terrorist act then britain should be forced to pay at least a billion pounds compensation per person injured or killed.
    britain needs to start taking responsibility for it's citizens who go abroad to join dangerous nutters, instead of expecting the rest of the world to clean up the mess after it and to be put at greater risk. she is not the kurds or anyone else's problem.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

and she goes to another country and commits a terrorist act then britain should be forced to pay at least a billion pounds compensation per person injured or killed.
    what formula did you apply to come out with that figure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A Boris Johnson wet dream, nothing will shut down UK borders with EU countries faster than their own weak security. The "official" reason why Russians have never been granted visa free access to the EU for example is because the EU says its not satisfied with Russia's borders with the central Asian Muslim "Stans".

Perhaps, but worth noting also that both France, Denmark and Sweden have all extended border checks (even though they're 'border free' Schengen areas), citing it's due to a mix of weak external EU borders and on-going risks to national security.

The UK have had over 100 Iranians plucked from the sea last month (only 10 so far have been returned), these lads availed of a weak (EU) border and visa aceess way over in Macedonia or somewhere, and fancied a look around blighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

smeal wrote: »
    I’m not sure if anyone here watched the BBC series The State last year (highly recommend) but this reminds me of that.

She should be allowed come back to have her baby (perhaps even in a prison) but then the baby should remain with her family who seem to be anti-ISIS and she should then be sent back out to that desert hell. She is a danger to her country.
    And then the kid when it gets to 15/16 and learns about mommy and daddy can follow in their footsteps? Maybe take out a few infidels before they go...

dilallio wrote: »
    What sort of life did these three 15 year old girls have in London, to believe that moving to a war zone ...

To be fair the UK, London in paticular is experiencing the worst fatal stablling rate since records began back in 1946 (just after the bayonets season of WW2). Then there's the acid rain, moped gangs and the very terrible music craze of dill, will, drill? or somethink'.

smeal wrote: »
    I’m not sure if anyone here watched the BBC series The State last year (highly recommend) but this reminds me of that.

She should be allowed come back to have her baby (perhaps even in a prison) but then the baby should remain with her family who seem to be anti-ISIS and she should then be sent back out to that desert hell. She is a danger to her country.

no, she's a danger full stop. the only place she should be is in a british prison where she belongs.
    Gatling wrote: »
    She should be made completely stateless ,let the Kurds deal with her or shoot her in back of the head,
    Her and the many others like her are not Victims here ,

it's not the kurds job or duty to deal with her or other non-syrian nationals. quite rightly making her and others like her stateless will not be happening as it's a breach of international law and rightly so. anyone who would want such to happen should ask themselves as to what should happen if they got their way or elsewhere and one of those people got in here and committed a terrorist act?
    British citizens my bo--ocks. That was given up the day she left to join ISIS.

it wasn't. she still remains a british citizen.
    screamer wrote: »
    A noble thought, but that child will be told the bad western anti Islamic country took your mother away, as a good little Islamic jihadi kid, you must seek vengeance..... we know it’s true, it matters not what they are given, belief trumps all else. Leave her and her baby where they are.

well we know nothing of the sort it seems. her family were apparently average and were not involved in radicalism or extremism in any form.
    She IS home, that’s what she chose to do, there’s where she chose to go, leave her there. Would she be whining to go back to the UK if the caliphate had worked out better? Bet your ass she wouldn’t

she is not at home. she's not a syrian citizen and is a foreign national.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Who is to say what she did over there....she could have done awful things to people, but as usual it’s the ah poor her, she was under 18, now she’s knocked up, bring her “home”. I don’t care. She’s an unknown quantity, and should not be allowed back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Who is to say what she did over there....she could have done awful things to people, but as usual it’s the ah poor her, she was under 18, bow she’s knocked up. I don’t care. She’s an unknown quantity, and should not be allowed back.

And I’m sure the Kurds don’t want her. She’s a British citizen and therefore they have to take some responsibility for her. If she were a Syrian citizen in Europe the same should apply. Serve time in country of crime and then deport to point of origin to serve time there. She shouldn’t be solely the problem of the Kurds.

Does the UK have a law against travelling to join ISIS? I know some countries do but not sure which ones. If not I hope they can throw a treason charge at her or something.

The UK have already taken back 450 'warriors?' (according to tabloids) mentions that estimates are 900 went over.

The cost of 'NHS Toursim' is only around £2bn per annum, ahh peanuts.
    - when the HS2 Rail project is already raking up costs of £60bn.
    They sure must have loadsamoney to burn, what with the brexit and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Should be repatriated but then put on trial under Terrorism Act.
    A nice suspended sentence should scare the wits out of her.

Who is to say what she did over there....she could have done awful things to people, but as usual it’s the ah poor her, she was under 18, now she’s knocked up, bring her “home”. I don’t care. She’s an unknown quantity, and should not be allowed back.

i don't think anyone on this thread has said poor her and quite rightly so.
    she is very much a known quantity, an extremist. an extremist who is quite likely a threat across the board and who needs to be thrown out of syria back to britain and into jail.

if you believe she shouldn't be allowed back to the country who she is the problem and responsibility of, then what's your alternative? it must be a realistic one that doesn't involve expecting someone else to clean up the mess.
    realistically the only other alternative i can see is that she remains to be a problem of and a risk to syria or another country and i don't see why that should be the case just because ultimately, britain doesn't want to deal with it's problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

To hell with her. She had no qualms being with vile scum that relished on killing people.

Let the bitch rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

She should be forced to dress up as a Pirate for 5 years.

Dunno why exactly but this made me laugh out loud.

There should be more sentences like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

A life sentence to be served in South Georgia could be a compromise solution for returning jihadis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Put her and her baby in a nice hotel in Roosky. Bless them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

No thank you, terrorist lady, not today.

Or any other day in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Put her and her baby in a nice hotel in Roosky. Bless them.

Need to ask the local community first.

Oh wait. Sorry we don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Ask her some questions

Did you feel yourself to be a member of "Islamic State " and did you comply with all it's laws and dictates?

What has changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

She already is home, in IS where she decided to move to.
    She can stay there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

FTA69 wrote: »
    Her family are normal people by all accounts. Radicalisation doesn't necessarily come via the parents. Some of the most dangerous Islamist terrorists have been West Indians and children of Africans who were devout Christians.

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Her father has been photographed at extremist protests and hanging out with known islamists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

Giveaway wrote: »
    The apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Her father has been photographed at extremist protests and hanging out with known islamists

Is that after she left? Possibly moving in these circles to try and find his daughter. I know I would even though I despise everything they do.

circadian wrote: »
    Is that after she left? Possibly moving in these circles to try and find his daughter. I know I would even though I despise everything they do.

Long before she left. Scroll down

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6704819/amp/Father-ISIS-bride-says-pregnant-jihadi-19-poses-no-threat.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Is it her father who was photographed demonstrating with others who were burning a flag outside the Saudi embassy? I watched a documentary about these girls running away and this father was in complete denial about his own behaviour saying he didn't know where she had been radicalised, until he was shown the pictures.

She's a GB citizen by birth so i can't see how she can be refused entry back in to the UK. Unless she's revoked this and taken on citizenship of somewhere else. But the UK authorities will take the sweet time retrieving her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Would the parents not have to agree to her travelling on an underage passport?

Off to Syria for a mad sess with the girlies!

Call me Al wrote: »
    Is it her father who was photographed demonstrating with others who were burning a flag outside the Saudi embassy? I watched a documentary about these girls running away and this father was in complete denial about his own behaviour saying he didn't know where she had been radicalised, until he was shown the pictures.

She's a GB citizen by birth so i can't see how she can be refused entry back in to the UK. Unless she's revoked this and taken on citizenship of somewhere else. But the UK authorities will take the sweet time retrieving her.
    Normal teenage rebellion maybe. But when you are upping the ante in teenage rebellion in an Islamist family, ISIS is the next step.

I suspect contempt for non-believers is the default position in the community/family this girl came from

• Advertisement

Call me Al wrote: »

A gov minister has stated she is a British citizen and has rights, but the british will be offering her no assistance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement