Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seph, thinking of her and all of you. The goodwill is strong here in our little corner of the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I decided to get up and go change the world.
    Back in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sorty to hear that Seph..fingers crossed !
    Couchside, looking at my football team in the FA Cup, then athletics, then off to see my Dad in hospital where we will look at hurling !!
    Busy Day...
    Phew !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just sitting at home having brekkie after a 5k run.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm a mentor on a Couch to 5km (c25k app) group.

The group are in week four, day three and really making rapid progress. We had them on a parkrun (a timed 5km free run) today, they done fantastic.

So yup, sitting at home feeling pretty good about the progress they've made in both running, their fitness but more important than that their sense of personal achievement.

Three more weeks left in the programme and our little fledglings will be off into the great big running world all by themselves and hopefully enjoying a fitter & healthier lifestyle well into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Seph , your niece is in the best place in great hands , and she'll be back running rings around you in no time at all with any luck .
    It's easy to say try not to worry , but don't forget to look after yourselves too .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Looking at where I might bring herself off for a weekend.
    She has holidays around Easter.
    We wont leave the country, probably Galway, Mayo or Clare.
    We like a bit of hiking and there's plenty of nice ones there.
    She's working today, so I'm hoovering, mopping and browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Edward M wrote: »
    Looking at where I might bring herself off for a weekend.
    She has holidays around Easter.
    We wont leave the country, probably Galway, Mayo or Clare.
    We like a bit of hiking and there's plenty of nice ones there.
    She's working today, so I'm hoovering, mopping and browsing.

Lucky lady to have you as her husband Edward !
    The Slieve Bloom mountains are beautiful for walking , hiking . Glenbarrow waterfalls .. Ballyfin Demesne could be your base .

Although you might want to win the Lotto first to stay in Ballyfin :D

Enjoy , wherever you choose to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sorry to hear about your niece, Seph, and wishing her a speedy recovery. It's scary but I'm sure she will be well looked after and back to full health in no time:)

Kitchen side after being out and about for the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Having a break at the kitchen table.....the bloody Hormones have come to visit again.....so hosing down the front driveway for the next 8 hrs should keep me out of trouble but the tea towel might be hanging the wrong way round on the drawer so I'll probably get a bollocking for that though ..lol lol

Hormones me bollix....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the couch watching Moana, again. Gym session this morning was brutal but good, lost another 2lbs this week and then ate some pizza last night, we had a teens sleepover birthday party. That's why I got my ar5e up and put this morning. I'd say I worked off the pizza and the few drinks tonight and tomorrow's dinner :D I have 8.5 to get to target. I put on a size 10 shirt this morning and it buttoned, couldn't wear it outside the house yet, but I'm getting there :D

My poor car is back in the garage, a different one this time cos I think the other guy is taking the pi55 a bit. There's a noise that hadn't been addressed and small things to be done that don't get done and its in and out like a fiddlers elbow. So this new guy takes it and gives it a good look over, €1035 to fix all and a couple of things the other guy missed, flywheel is fcuked, that's the noise, fan belt and discovered the other guy left a cap off the exhaust and didn't reconnect the air conditioner pipe after the last time. The trust is gone now.
    So, I was on the phone to the credit union this morning and hopefully they'll grant my wishes. Its so hard as a carer to deal with banks they just don't want to know. Like I'm some sort of scrounger. Anyway, keep fingers and toes crossed that they'll come though for me. :) might play the lotto tonight, if I win I'll buy a round or 2 of drinks :D

• Advertisement

Lying in bed worried sick, my poor little niece is in hospital with pneumonia
    She's in the best place, the word sends shivers down the spine but just to reassure you, it's like a really bad chest infection. Iv fluids/antibiotics steroids and nebs and a load of chocolate works wonders :D I hope she's better soon.

Ok here is a picture of my actual feet.

:D
    That can never be unseen :o
    Are you a ballerina in you spare time. Tea tree neat is great for your 'problem' or coconut oil,.daktarin (sp?) or lamasil.
    My recommendation is a hatchet :v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

cbyrd wrote: »
    That can never be unseen :o
    Are you a ballerina in you spare time. Tea tree neat is great for your 'problem' or coconut oil,.daktarin (sp?) or lamasil.
    My recommendation is a hatchet :v
    Bahaha I was reading along with your recommendations and shaking my head to myself saying no cbyrd, the only thing for them is amputation.

Then I read your last sentence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Currently at an alternative comedy and drag show. Maybe bringing, my conservative, right wing, royalist Muslim boyfriend to an LGBT event wasn't my best move.
    He was a little upset by Cat Brogan from Tyrone slagging his ex-king off and left to answer a phone call while a Muslim woman in hijab talked about sex.

Oops.

I am having a right giggle. Watch out for Nuha (aforementioned Muslim comedian) in the future. She is going places. Possibly jail and if her believe system is correct, hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Back from a beautiful visit to my brother, sister in law, nieces & new nephew. Nicest way to spend a Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

What a fright for you all Seph. Wishing your niece a speedy recovery.

I hope the little baba gets well soon Seph. It's very scary when they get sick :(

I found a nice little pub. I'm sitting in it now doing a bit of work. There are only 7 people here including myself. Unfortunately the woman beside me with the strange pseudo American accent is talking about "gender" and "people in direct provision don't want to be patronised by white women". Its the physical embodiment of boards!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Back from the beach. What a contrast to earlier on.
    ‘Twas wild and windy, so much for my hairdo, but feels amazing, no cobwebs left anywhere.
    Met my friend and had lunch and a glass of wine, nice way to spend an afternoon
    Now home, feel a nap coming on

Ok fed up being alone now so heading home :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Home, oven on for a bit of food before work, and having a bit of chill time until I have to head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Couchside - eating apple crumble for dessert, waiting for Biathlon, women skiing and shooting - what's not to like.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bedside (surprise surprise). Temp now gone above 39.5 and I decided to check work emails a few minutes ago. Got half way through a response to a director before common sense kicked in and the brain said now may not be the time.

How high does your temperature have to be to claim in your defense you were delirious while emailing??? Also how high does your temperature have to be before you panic? I'm useless at these things without my mam on hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

At aldi

Wishing your niece a speedy recovery steph x

TG1 wrote: »
    Bedside (surprise surprise). Temp now gone above 39.5 and I decided to check work emails a few minutes ago. Got half way through a response to a director before common sense kicked in and the brain said now may not be the time.

How high does your temperature have to be to claim in your defense you were delirious while emailing??? Also how high does your temperature have to be before you panic? I'm useless at these things without my mam on hand!

If you feel really sick how about one of those out of hours doctor clinics or even A&E?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Carside, will be heading into work momentarily. Actually looking forward to it??? What’s happening? :confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

That’s a fairly high temp TG, are you taking paracetamol to bring it down? You should probably go to see a doctor as a temp that high might need antibiotics. Have a look here http://undertheweather.ie/symptom/i-have-a-temperature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

That is quite a high temp alright TG. Like Poochie said, are you taking paracetamol to bring it down? When I had the flu my temp reached 40 so it sounds like you could have the flu alright. Make sure to drink fluids/dioralyte and take paracetamol regularly. If it's flu then antibiotics won't help but it's no harm to maybe call an out of hours doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sitting at home watching Cage Warriors (MMA event) and waiting for one of my Judo club's black belts make his professional MMA debut.

Above 40 is fever, so you need to cool yourself down. Strip off :D if you can stand in a Luke warm shower or bath for a while. Temperature is the body's natural defence against infection, literally burning it out. So if you don't have any pain (sore throat headache) your better off not taking painkillers. Get yourself to your bed loads of water and rest. Chicken broth is really good for flu, there's enzymes in it that help you get over it. Mad stuff. Only problem is you'll have to actually boil the bones to get the goodness :D I have some in my freezer I can drop it over...
    Rest rest rest.. put away the laptop. You're no good to work dead.

How that now for mammy isms.. Do you feel better? :D lol
    Hope you do soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work time for moi. Ahh routine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement