Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever bought a TV/Movie prop?

• 24-12-2018 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭

Posting in politics about the French reminded me that the Fallen Madonna with the big boobies was up for auction a few weeks back from "Allo Allo".

Sold for £15,000. If I had the money I would have bought it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-46397261

I paid €150 for a signed copy of "I was the Graff Spee's prisoner" from 1941. The book became the basis for the film "The Battle of The River Plate".

Have you bought or would you buy props? If you did buy what was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Yes, I bought a bed that was used on the set of Penny Dreadful. Never saw an episode of it, but understood it ran for a few series.

It's a brass and iron the Victorian bed, cost under €200 including a silent night mattress, very comfy, and I sleep in it every night.

The was a label on it starting which character's bed it was, but it was meaningless to me, so I don't remember.

Advertisement