Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

• 12-11-2017 10:03am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Asks her Twitter followers to do her debating for her in relation to a question asked of her on Instagram about the gender pay gap. "I'm too tired to murder him right now, any takers?" IE I don't have the intellectual capacity to debate or back up my statements.

https://twitter.com/oneilllo/status/928953179370328064

MOD NOTE

There have been some posts removed which were discussing an ongoing court case.
    Please be aware that we do not discuss ongoing court cases on boards.
    Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

This is the Instagram post in which she stated "From now until January 31st, women are effectively working for free due to the gender pay gap. "

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbTu0-2H8nO/?hl=en&taken-by=oneilllou

• Still, she provoked yet another thread on AH, so evidently she's doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It’s easier to ignore her than to ignore threads about her on Boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Still, she provoked yet another thread on AH, so evidently she's doing something right.

So has Harvey Weinstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

didnshe forget to post it on october 10th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

She won't find a husband with that attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The problem with pea brained individuals like this one is that feminism has become an excuse for failure...men who fail have no such luxury....if I end up single for my life I can't blame anything other than myself....if I fail in business I can't blame anybody but myself...if someone in the same job as me gets paid more than I do I can't blame anyone but myself....

You'll see that cretins like her have no opinion it seems on women in the rest of the world who still face horrendous oppression every day of their lives....

Of course...she is also a part of a deeper symptom...the dumbing down of media...

• The problem with pea brained individuals like this one is that feminism has become an excuse for failure...men who fail have no such luxury....if I end up single for my life I can't blame anything other than myself....if I fail in business I can't blame anybody but myself...if someone in the same job as me gets paid more than I do I can't blame anyone but myself....

You'll see that cretins like her have no opinion it seems on women in the rest of the world who still face horrendous oppression every day of their lives....

Of course...she is also a part of a deeper symptom...the dumbing down of media...

Tried reading that a few times. Gave up.

She is part of a deeper symptom alright. Hysterical overreaction to everything feminists tweet. Some of the posters here are far shriller than woman they wet their pants about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Twitter is an echo chamber and O'Neill is playing to an ever dwindling crowd.

Why do you care, OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is the Instagram post gone? Loading blank.

It's working fine for me. This is the comment that the guy left that seems to have her triggered.

Are you saying that ALL working women won't be paid (effectively) for the rest of the year? Talk about a bull**** statement to make������

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can't be arsed to get upset over this, hope that's ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Patww79 wrote: »
    No, still there.

A meme, two women high fiving and the caption is, 'Women. Like men, only cheaper'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• darkdubh wrote: »
    It's working fine for me. This is the comment that the guy left that seems to have her triggered.

Are you saying that ALL working women won't be paid (effectively) for the rest of the year? Talk about a bull**** statement to make������

Not nearly as triggered as the posters here who react.

I think if they ever met Louise O'Neill, I'd be slapping them across the face first to get them to tone down the hysteria.

"AAAAAAAGH AAAAAAAAGH, WOMAN TWEETED SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

LO'N - producing quality cat litter tray liner since 2012.

Twitter is an echo chamber and O'Neill is playing to an ever dwindling crowd.

Why do you care, OP?

She's been given a platform by RTE and every Saturday in a national newspaper to air her (mostly) questionable views but I've never seen her in anything resembling a debate. I think she actively avoids situations where she might be challenged to defend her statements and that twitter post is a prime example.

I think if they ever met Louise O'Neill, I'd be slapping them across the face first to get them to tone down the hysteria.

Who posted anything even remotely resembling any of the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Calm down, dude. It’s a lovely Sunday morning. Have a cup of tea and listen to Lyric FM or something.

You come across a bit triggered yourself darling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wonder how triggered Louise would find herself if I made reference to "murdering" her in twitter

• She'd be hard to listen to, but I'd still give her one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

So she avoids debate yet again. Nobody is fooled by that tweet.

She's been given a platform by RTE and every Saturday in a national newspaper to air her (mostly) questionable views but I've never seen her in anything resembling a debate. I think she actively avoids situations where she might be challenged to defend her statements and that twitter post is a prime example.

The Examiner is hardly the New York Times. And RTE gave her one show.

Her views are just recycled memes and opinions from other Third Wave Feminists coupled with some "witty" put downs. No real analysis of either.

So why worry about it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This is the Instagram post in which she stated "From now until January 31st, women are effectively working for free due to the gender pay gap. "
    The thing about this pay gap stuff is that if true why would anyone hire a bloke? So either a) men are worth the extra money because they're just better at their jobs, or b) it's all bullsh1t. *hint* it's b

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Tried reading that a few times. Gave up.

She is part of a deeper symptom alright. Hysterical overreaction to everything feminists tweet. Some of the posters here are far shriller than woman they wet their pants about.

Many feminists I have huge regard for. Germaine Greer, Mary Beard, Camille Pagilla. One thing they all have in common is that they will actually engage with people with differing opinions.

Many feminists I have huge regard for. Germaine Greer, Mary Beard, Camille Pagilla. One thing they all have in common is that they will actually engage with people with differing opinions.

Yes, but LON has a degree in Fashion Management (I think) not Gender or Feminist Studies. She would not have nearly the same level of knowledge of the subject as those above.

She is using social media as a platform to build a profile to help her as an author. Author/Activist sounds better than just run-of-the-mill Author in generating publicity.

• Who posted anything even remotely resembling any of the above?

You.

You read a tweet and rushed to AH. Relax. It's the www. People will say things you don't like.

• darkdubh wrote: »
    You come across a bit triggered yourself darling.

Oh you said "darling". That was good.

• Advertisement

Oh you said "darling". That was good.

Well at least no mention of White Knights, Cucks, Manginas or SJWs...

Maybe we are making progress on AH?

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement