Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

gg2 wrote: »
    Apparently a girl from my hometown was being haunted... There was a drastic change in her personality and it all came to a head when she was sitting next to her dad one night watching tv and out of nowhere went to headbutt him. I don't know if they went to the doctors but she eventually (think this went on over the space of a couple of months) saw a psychic who told her a spirit had attached itself to her. Psychic asked her had she been in Templemore, the girl said she had, she was at the garda training unit, and the psychic said she had picked it up there. Apparently it started to get worse and her right arm would start to twist round abnormally, she might be eating and her hand would just spaz out, she was aware of hearing a male voice, couldn't make out what it was but it was there..... don't know what the story is with her now, this was about 6 months ago

I'd be more likely to jump to the conclusion that she needs medical attention than I would jump to the conclusion there was a spirit attached to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Candie wrote: »
    I'd be more likely to jump to the conclusion that she needs medical attention than I would jump to the conclusion there was a spirit attached to her.

Well I didn't jump to the conclusion I just thought it was a good story for the thread:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

My friends dad was working in a field for his neighbour one evening, just cutting the grass I think. He was driving his own tractor.

Anyway it got late, and with the job nearly done, he continued on through the darkness and finished the job. Then the most strange thing happened to him. He could not find his way out of the field. He just could not find the gate. He spent a half an hour driving around the (small enough) field trying to get out. This was a man who had been in this field probably hundreds of times, and was very familiar with the field and the gateway out of it, he knew exactly where it was, but on this night he could not find it. He was soon in tears and rang his son crying for help. Anyways the son (my friend who told me the story) arrived down at the field, and watched his father driving around the field like mad, like he was in a real panic. He often shone the lights of the tractor on the gate, but he still could not see the gate. The son was so frightened that he didnt go in the field and just tried ringing him. This continued until it started to get bright, and when it did get bright the father found his way out. Never again has he stayed in a field past dark.

Anyway, the explanation for this is that the field supposedly had Forgeen Mara (wrong spelling, but thats how its pronounced). Forgeen Mara is a magic that is supposed to be in fields that have or used to have ringforts in them. And in these fields, things like this can happen after dark.

Those of you in rural Ireland will probably have heard of it and heard of expiriences of it. Ask many farmers and you will hear of it, I asked my dad, uncles, neighbours (this was the 1st id ever heard of it) and they all say its real and happens. And know people who its happened to.

This story creeped me out alot when I heard it first.

Have any of you heard of this happening elsewhere?

BTW, some may think this is very far fetched, but this really did happen I assure ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

TheUsual wrote: »
    It's true, but when they watched the CCTV camera footage, it shows him getting out 3 times to use the toilet.

LOL :D

I read that on three seperate occasions before I got it. I'm not very bright sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

When i was younger i was a big wrestling fan but i haven't watched it years. Anyways a few months ago i had a dream that i was watching wrestling. One wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler was in the dream. The following day i discovered that Jerry Lawler had suffered a heart attack live on tv the previous night when i was asleep. My jaw nearly hit the floor when i found out!

Also i think i had sleep paralysis too. first time it happened me i felt the presence of two males in the room with me. i was lying with my back facing them and then it felt as if a blanket was placed over me by them. i was trying my best to shout and call for help and move myself but couldn't. very strange sensation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

When my nephew was young 3-5yr old he would be always be going on about seeing 'white lights' and my sister would just tut and stop being silly. My parents bought a farm house in Kerry and we would go there for the day to clear up.

The farmhouse was more like a bungalow with one room upstairs with a tiny staircase in the hall. My nephew was stood at the bottom one day and he was inconsolable ' the mans light is at the top of stairs aaaaaah aaaaaaaah' so I calmed him down
    and asked him again and he said 'its gone now its ok' but he was freaked. Later on my mum told us an Old man died in the house.

It was obvious since then that he saw things. My apartment I was sharing one time when he was 3 1/2 I invited him and my sister over for the night. We all slept in the same bed, my nephew was at the bottom (top n tailing) all asleep at around 12 my nephew just awoke and freaked out, he couldn't sit upright as he was so scared to but he just couldnt take his eyes off something in the room. but he Just literally scrambled into my sisters arms. He wouldn't tell us what he saw.

But the same apartment, I was closing my door to my bedroom and a mans head poked out of the kitchen doorway (kitchen was next to my bedroom). I locked the door and was so so scared.

I told my friend who I shared the apartment with and she said she saw a little girl shadow in the doorway. But she didn't want to tell me as she couldn't believe she had seen it.

I was relaxing in bed one night not long after and this buzzing floating sound went over my bed, the sound was so fine I could follow it. It was not a fly either. I just lay there wondering what the hell was
    Going on.

Roll on 2 years My mum and me went to a white witch and she gave us readings and she told my mum about the son she lost and that he was with her again in a different body and that when he came back he smiled at her. When my nephew was born my mum was with my sister and held him first and she was beaming telling us that he smiled! We thought she was a bit cracked cos we all know babies can't smile when they are just born.
    We went to my sisters on the way back to pick up my son and my nephew was in the kitchen. He didn't say anything just kept looking at me, then rushed over and gave me a really big cuddle.

We visited my aunt a year after and my nephew had something he really wanted to discuss. We were in the room my uncle had a heart attack and died on the bed.he couldn't communicate properly what was on his mind but was wondering why the mans bed is old and he has to get a new one.

He didn't get much sleep that night so the next day he took a nap in the next nedroom in the bed my uncle died on (my aunt changed rooms and moved beds) anyway he woke up and started screaming and my aunt said he was looking at something next to him. She has got a new bed since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ah, I forgot maybe the spookiest one, just came to my head.

Some people moved into a neighbors house a few years ago and they had a young son. One night they heard the son screaming and he told his parents he had seen someone sitting on the end of the bed and he described her to them. Turned out his description of the Woman he seen was an old lady who lived in the house previously and had died there, she lived there all her life alone. Gods honest truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I was browsing Reddit and came across a thread like this that had some interesting stories. Obviously, as this is After Hours, and not Paranormal, they dont have be ghost infested stories but I'm sure many boardsies have interesting stories of their own? (or this thread will be buried in half an hour...)

Bit of a cop-out but until I can think of some of my own I've included some from the Reddit page. Obviously it goes without saying that they may be entirely untrue, but good reads nonetheless.
    These sound like urban myths to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

ive only told my 2 brothers about this:
    the night my grandfather died me and my grandmother visited him at 4am because we both felt we needed to. we were told to go home and get sleep as he would be ok and would make it through the night (he was expected to die but not for another few days)
    anyway me and my nana head home and head to bed. about an hour later i woke to white noise in the corner of my room and saw my grandfather standing smiling at me in 1950's clothes, i wasnt a bit afraid and smiled back. just a minute later my phone rang and the nurse said that he had just passed away

i swear 100% this happened and it will stay with me until the day i die myself

i didnt want to post it either because its private to me but this is a great thread

My mother had a similar experience when her father in law, my grandad passed away.

She and him were very close friends but his family, my dads side, were a bit cold with her as they are very cliquey . One night they were all going over to the hospital where my Grandad had been for a few weeks, with chest problems (He only had one lung left due to the other being removed years earlier from tuberculosis, and it was in bad condition), suffice to say everyone knew it was his death bed and visited him as much as possible.

That night my dads mother wouldn't allow my mom to go with the family to see him. So she stayed alone in the house while they went off. As she lay in bed she drifted off into a sleep and dreamt of my grandad, in the middle of the night she woke up suddenly to the sound of the phone ringing and saw him standing in the doorway of the bedroom. He looked at her a moment and walked away. She answered the phone call straight after that and it was my dad to say that he had died.

I was born a few weeks prior to that, and was taken to see him in hospital when I was just a few days old. He asked my mom to name me after him, which she did. Even though I never knew the man, apparently I am his double. My nan sometimes gets upset when she see's me because I remind her of him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

darkdubh wrote: »
    These sound like urban myths to me.

Very possible, but they werent presented as such so I have no reason to doubt them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Some of these stories are pretty scary. Read at your own risk!

never believe 4chan copypastas

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dont think we have had any encounters with Jesus or Mary yet or some form of Holy Spirit.

Think thats all we lack at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

My friends dad was working in a field for his neighbour one evening, just cutting the grass I think. He was driving his own tractor.

Anyway it got late, and with the job nearly done, he continued on through the darkness and finished the job. Then the most strange thing happened to him. He could not find his way out of the field. He just could not find the gate. He spent a half an hour driving around the (small enough) field trying to get out. This was a man who had been in this field probably hundreds of times, and was very familiar with the field and the gateway out of it, he knew exactly where it was, but on this night he could not find it. He was soon in tears and rang his son crying for help. Anyways the son (my friend who told me the story) arrived down at the field, and watched his father driving around the field like mad, like he was in a real panic. He often shone the lights of the tractor on the gate, but he still could not see the gate. The son was so frightened that he didnt go in the field and just tried ringing him. This continued until it started to get bright, and when it did get bright the father found his way out. Never again has he stayed in a field past dark.

Anyway, the explanation for this is that the field supposedly had Forgeen Mara (wrong spelling, but thats how its pronounced). Forgeen Mara is a magic that is supposed to be in fields that have or used to have ringforts in them. And in these fields, things like this can happen after dark.

Those of you in rural Ireland will probably have heard of it and heard of expiriences of it. Ask many farmers and you will hear of it, I asked my dad, uncles, neighbours (this was the 1st id ever heard of it) and they all say its real and happens. And know people who its happened to.

This story creeped me out alot when I heard it first.

Have any of you heard of this happening elsewhere?

BTW, some may think this is very far fetched, but this really did happen I assure ye!
    Have heard of this happening in my own locality. (Co limerick). A man was walking in his own field and got lost for hours. it was very recent as well...

You would have to wonder how a person could get that disoriented in a familiar place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Roisy7 wrote: »
    Have heard of this happening in my own locality. (Co limerick). A man was walking in his own field and got lost for hours. it was very recent as well...

You would have to wonder how a person could get that disoriented in a familiar place...

Yeah its crazy, its alot more common than you would think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my younger brother would post this here but he isnt a member.

he was driving around stepaside with his then 4 year old son. his fiance's dad had just died and as they were passing a house in the area cillian said 'thats grand dads house' and pointed to the house. he was only 4 at the time and was never told that his late grand father had lived there 30/40 years previous

he has done and said some spooky stuff in his 5 and a half years and thats just one example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Ye Gads, there is a lot of freaky stuff happening to everyone!

Mine aint paranormal, just terrifying to go through.

It was 2006 in western Rajasthan near the Pakistani border. Myself and the girlfriend did a desert camel trek for a few days, my idea.

It was great, all desert scenes and epic, well out into the desert, miles and miles from anywhere, about three days on a Camel anyway. It was two of us, 4 guides and 4 other tourists.

We stopped to camp up in some dunes on the final night, made a fire and the guides cooked up some grub. We ate and smoked with the guides and the sun went down, stars came out. Magical etc etc. Anyway , about 10 at night we saw some headlights in the distance, must have been a 4x4 because of the terrain. I'd say the 4x4 was within 1km of us.
    The guides immediately got shifty staring at the headlights which then went out, we could then see flashes of lights, what I assume to be flaslights , about 6 of them, they would go on and then off and were coming in our direction.

The guides then started talking in their own language and seemed genially scared, immediately stamped out the fire and would not tell us anything apart from everything is fine (??!!) flashlights got closer, gong on and off so you could not keep track of the progress but they were getting very close.

The guides then told us all to lie down on the ground and be quite. I thought **** this and me and the girlfriend backed maybe 100m back into the dunes on our own for better cover as it was flat scrub where we were camped and to open for my liking.

We were circled by these lights for maybe 2 hours, they were clearly looking for us. We just stayed behind the dune , off the ridge of it, quite as mice.

Eventually the lights retreated and the headlights came on in the distance and the jeep drove off. We stayed hunkered down for the night with no fire.

Very ,very intimidating experience. One minute your having a magical adventure and the next you are in fear of your life.

The worst part was not the lights but the fear in the guides, they were terrified but would not tell us anything.

All I can figure is that area, I've since found out , is a prime smuggling route between Pakistan and India. Bandits, robbers all that. Why they **** did they take us there?

One more,

years ago, my first time traveling on my own. Second night away.
    Got an overnight bus from Bangkok to Chumpon in order to get ferry to the Islands.
    As we were driving in a big old single dekker bus, the driver pulls over, for a leak or something, I dunno. Anyway, as he gets back on another Thai bloke pulls him back off the steps of the bus and jumps in the drivers seat and floors it, he could barely drive and was all over the road, weaving around traffic, this was 3 in the morning.

So me and a bus full of tourists were hijacked by a guy off his nut on Yabba.

We were going as fast as we could go down the motor way with police cars and bikes swarming us, I remember thinking its like the end of the blues brothers. I also remember looking out my window and the 4 foot deep storm drain that ran along the middle of the motorway and thinking if this bastard puts one wheel in that, we are all dead. Cue ,screaming and crying from the wimmern folk. Some of us were talking about jumping the guy, this would have been easy as he was small but the bus would have crashed immediately due to speed. This went one for about 90mins all in all.

Eventually the police parked 2 lorry's across the motor way, completely blocking it , the looper tries to turn as he is breaking to go back up the motor way the wrong way but thank christ, he stalled or something and the bus came to an awkward stop.

about 5 seconds of weird silence and then the bus got stormed by a Thai SWAT team , full on machine guns and pistols, the SWAT team came in through the back and front of the bus and just destroyed this guy with battens, dragging him away, I was 4 odd seats back and had a front row, just waiting to see him get gunned down. The cops drag him off and I never see him again.

The bus full of us then spend 7 odd hours on the side of the motor way, then to a local police station and finally were picked up by another bus on the way to the islands. Again, no one in authority told us a thing or even talked to us.
    This was before they had tourist police and all that, 1999 I think.
    I was told by an ex-pat guy the hijacker would have been taken to a field and shot straight away.

So I missed my boat anyway.

I'm planning another trip soon, anyone wanna come?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but I will tell this story anyaway. It was late summer in the late seventies and a fine clear evening. Our extended family cousins etc. were at a pub overlooking Cill Chiarain bay in connemara. A few of us went outside the pub and over a nearby hill (about a mile away 250 to 1000 ft, no sound) :confused:we saw, what I can best describe as a row of glowing bright orbs. These were moving very slowly. We wondered what they were so we called out people in the pub to have a look. Many came out and eventually went back in with nobody having an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I've only told two or three people this story as its quite personal.

I've had run ins with depression most of my life but one day about five years ago something happened that changed my life forever.

One day, early in the morning, I was walking my usual route to work. I used to walk through an estate but most of the time it was fairly quite.

Anyway I get to the last main road I have to cross before I get to work.

As I'm about to cross the road I notice a little boy standing on the path beside me. He gave me a bit of a fright. He seemed so out of place, just this little kid standing on his own, beside the road.

For whatever reason, I suddenly became very concerned for this kid, something just didn't feel right. I felt he wasn't going to be safe crossing the road by himself.

So I thought to myself I'd better get him across the road safe.

So I said come on, and I took him by the hand, just to hold his hand while crossing the road to make sure he got over safe.

I looked left and right for cars but when I put my foot on the road this overwhelming sense of euphoria hit me. Time slowed down and 10 seconds left like ten minutes. It felt like at out of body experience.

As I was feeling these sensations I was about halfway across the road. I felt the boy squeeze my hand. It was actually painful from how tight the boy was squeezing my hand.

Then suddenly it felt like I was punched hard in the chest. The boy turn to look up at me. Then it dawned on me, and I'll never forget this, there was no boy.

There was no boy holding my hand and I wasn't helping anyone cross the road. Not literally anyway.

But I knew straight away what was going on. The boy looked up at me and I instantly knew who he was. It was me. The six year old me.

And then I realised that it wasn't me who was helping him cross the road, rather it was him who was helping me to cross the road safely.

He said to be "I love you".

I got across the road and tears started streaming down my face. I looked around and there was no one. There never was any boy, no one was around.

Why did this happen?

Well, I mentioned at the start that I have problems with depression.

I had a very bleak period in my life when I was around 21/22. Unfortunitely it had gotten to the stage where I was actively contemplating taking my own life.

I was very vulnerable at this point and not thinking clearly. What I had decided to do was to throw myself in front of a car, hoping it would kill me.

Where did I plan to do this? At the very road where I met the little boy.

What made my six year old self visit me at that point?, Well fortunitely, I went and got help for my depression. After several months of psychotherapy things started to pick up.

One thing my therapist briefly mentioned was connecting with my "inner child". I thought this was a bit of waffley pop psychology to be honest. How wrong I was.

I believe I reconnected with my inner child that day. He didn't want me to throw myself in front of a car. He held my hand and got me across the road safe.

This changed my life. Believe it or not but this really happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

@ jelly 292 ....f***ing hell the first story sounds like something from a movie :O:O what happened to the other tourists & guides? ye were very lucky..dont think l'll be camping over nightRajasthan !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

@bobby42 that is a beautiful story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

@ jelly 292 ....f***ing hell the first story sounds like something from a movie :O:O what happened to the other tourists & guides? ye were very lucky..dont think l'll be camping over nightRajasthan !

We were very lucky indeed. The searchers never found any of us but came bloody close. The group stayed with the guides but it was pretty open there thats why me and gf hid a bit back, in case.
    We all had a good laugh in the morning about it , none of us really went to deep into it as it was such a close call but I often think of it / what might have been:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

was that the poor philipino girl in harolds cross?
    Yes thats the one. Very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

This is my fathers story, he grew up on a farm with my nanny and grandad and brothers and sister.

Years ago my grandad went missing, he was gone for 2 days before he was found, he had died 1 field away from the farm house. He had a heart attack. The family all came out and a priest came to say prayers down in the field. Afterwards my father said to my aunt "who was the other priest there?" She said there was no other priest just one, he was the parish priest, dad swears blind he saw another priest, no one else saw this priest. Anyway my grandad who died - his brother was a priest and had died years ago,dad swears it was him he saw.

My own story isn't creepy but it is strange, when I was about 16 I was on holidays in Portugal with a load of my family, myself and my sister and cousins made friends with a brother and sister from limerick, we stayed in touch and they even visited us once in Waterford.

We lost touch and about 2 years later I was in a nightclub in Santa ponsa on holidays with my friends and I bumped into the brother and sister.
    About 2 years later I was in turkey on holidays with my ex, I was in a Irish bar and met them again. What are the chances ? Meeting the same family in 3 different countries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sleep paralysis has been mentioned a few times in this thread. It is certainly no laughing matter and is very scary when it happens. That feeling of complete helplessness in a traumatic situation is freaky to say the least.

It usually happens on the night after a particularly heavy binge, with narcotics involved. Seems to be a combination of a comedown and lack of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

This thread has scared me for life!!!!

Ive a few but non as horrific as the crutches jesus!!

My Son who was about 2 1/2 at the time used to talk about seeing "Benny" over my shoulder all the time. My grandad died a week before I was born and his name was Maurice but was called Benny by the whole family. When we questioned my son further about "Benny" and asked him what he looks like he said he looks like grandad.... That had me spooked for awhile.

My Friend used to tell her mother that before she was her little girl she used to be her her daddy. Her family thought this was all just the imagination of a child until when brought to visit the childhood hometown of her mother my friend brought her by the hand to the house that she had grown up in and said now thats where you were my little girl.

One night I was in my parents house talking on the phone to my boyfriend about when our house had been broken into a few weeks previous. When the lights suddenly went off in the house. I was freaked all the more when I heard footsteps downstairs and then coming up the stairs I rushed to my bedroom door and blocked it by leaning against it someone was pushing against it then I my brother called out from the other side of the door get away from the door the trip switch is gone i need your torch.. **** MY LIFE I nearly died of terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

@Bobby42 That was genuinely touching man. Fair play to you for posting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

Aidric wrote: »
    Sleep paralysis has been mentioned a few times in this thread. It is certainly no laughing matter and is very scary when it happens. That feeling of complete helplessness in a traumatic situation is freaky to say the least.

It usually happens on the night after a particularly heavy binge, with narcotics involved. Seems to be a combination of a comedown and lack of sleep.

Yeah I was out on Friday night and my last episode was on Saturday morning. I wonder just how common it is? Every time it happens I cant help thinking will I snap out of it as I lie there helpless? Really frightening experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I am fairly positive that this is a belief passed down from slavery, but the women in my family believe in being born with a veil over the face. I think it is some of the afterbirth or something that is on the baby's face at the time it is born, but being born with a veil means that you will be able to look into the spirit world.

My mother and grandmother were both born with veils over their faces. I am not sure if I was as my mother refuses to acknowledge "that type of stuff" because she believes talking about it, brings it about.

Anyway, my grandmother is 99 years old and is the granddaughter of freed slaves. She grew up on a former plantation in Georgia, and her people were cotton pickers who would go out in the fields and pick cotton for the family that used to own them. One day, she was sitting in the back of a wagon and her mother was leading the horses. My grandmother was sitting next to her siblings and look out towards the rows of corn on this old dirt road. Imagine, a road of two wheel tracks with rows of corn on both sides. Walking into corn, one can easily become disoriented because they grow so tall. Well, as they were traveling down this road, a woman steps out from amongst the cornstalks and looks both ways down the road. She sees the wagon and begins to walk towards it. Her speed increases until she begins running behind the wagon. My grandmother sees her and reaches her arm out to help the woman onto the wagon. My grandmother is yelling at her mother to stop so that Mrs. So and So could get on. My grandmother knew the woman and knew that she lived further down the road, so she thought they could give her a ride. Instead, her mother speeds up and tells my grandmother to shut up. My grandma feels bad and tries to reach out to the woman again, but her mother grabs the back of her shirt and pulls her back, and speeds up once again. The lady could no longer match the wagon's speed and she slowly stops running and begins walking down the road as my grandmother watched. Then she turns and walks back into the corn. Later that night, my grandmother asked her mother why she didn't stop, and my great-grandmother turns to her and said that Mrs. So and So had died several days before.

These are rather long stories so I'll save your eyes by starting another post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

My mother's story. When she was a kid, there used to be an old tree that had a swing on it. One hot summer's night, she was swinging on the swing when my grandmother calls for her to come in. My mother is stubborn and decided to ignore her mother so she could continue to swing. She swung outside as my grandmother stood at the door watching her. My mother hears her mother say something like "suit yourself" and she continues to swing. As my mother is swinging, she sees a shadow of a man approaching but there is no physical body. It is just the shadow on the house. It is an old man with a hunched back and a cane. He approaches my mother who is petrified at this second. She sees this shadow stop just a foot away from where she is on the swing. She leaps from the swing and runs toward the house where her mother is standing with the door open. My grandmother says, "I told you to come in."

My story:

I was part of the Native students group in college, and a friend invited the group to stay at his grandparent's farm in Illinois. He had told us that the farm was the location of several battles (maybe during the Blackhawk War) and that there were ghosts of dead soldiers walking the land. There was a cabin smack in the woods that our married friends stayed in while the rest of us went to the main house to choose a bedroom. I walked up the stairs and began looking into the bedrooms. I walked into one bedroom and there was such a feeling of despair and animosity that I practically tripped over myself getting out of it. I chose another bedroom and went downstairs to tell my friend which room I had selected. As I walked down, out of the corner of my eye, I saw an old man sitting in a chair. I said hello and walked into the kitchen as I thought it was my friend's grandfather. Well, my friend and his grandfather walk in from outside together, and I'm shocked because I had just passed him in the living room. I asked my friend who the other elder was, and he said that it was just his grandparents and us. I go back into the living room and no one was there. I said nothing and went about my day. The next day, I pull my friend aside and I tell him that his grandparent's house is haunted. He starts to laugh it off but then I explain that there was a woman in the purple bedroom who didn't like people invading her space, and he stopped laughing. He explained that that room had been his mother and she refused to sleep in it because a woman would stand over her as she slept and cry. He then looked at me and said, "wow, you're good". Then he gave me a strange look and walked away from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

My phone typed this in my pocket on the 15th of november.

"Phase of the sands at 7 am impressions of iran a threat to the final count down timer"

It creeped me out. I can't figure out how it did it.

Advertisement