Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gunman reported to be holding judge hostage in Dublin court

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    No. Welcome to reality.

He was legally an adult. He's using this tragedy for stardom. He's fair game.

My last line to Oblivious applies to you.

He used it to highlight pretty messed up US gun control laws and he's not the first survivor to do so. Then he got smeared by the NRA and the likes. But yes you are smearing a survivor of a school shooting and that's a terrible reflection upon you.

The very fact you brought him into this thread is bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

batgoat wrote: »
    He used it to highlight pretty messed up US gun control laws and he's not the first survivor to do so. Then he got smeared by the NRA and the likes. But yes you are smearing a survivor of a school shooting and that's a terrible reflection upon you.

The very fact you brought him into this thread is bizarre.

You didn't watch the video. Did you? That is a poor excuse for an obvious contradiction. He is not a survivor. He is an opportunist.

You didn't watch the video. Did you? That is a poor excuse for an obvious contradiction. He is not a survivor. He is an opportunist.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/media/reliable-sources-12-11-18/index.html
    Conspiracy theories around the survivors of the parkland shooting won Politifacts lie of the year... Congrats for buying into the lies, YouTube videos don't automatically become truth. The reality is you can't offer a credible source for your claim because it is nonsense.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/media/reliable-sources-12-11-18/index.html
    Conspiracy theories around the survivors of the parkland shooting won Politifacts lie of the year... Congrats for buying into the lies, YouTube videos don't automatically become truth. The reality is you can't offer a credible source for your claim because it is nonsense.

LOL. A video where he is speaking and contradicts himself is a conspiracy theory, butt CNN long known for left wing bias is the truth to you.
    LOL.

LOL. A video where he is speaking and contradicts himself is a conspiracy theory, butt CNN long known for left wing bias is the truth to you.
    LOL.

The link only cites politifact.... Yes out of context clips can misrepresent a person. As all the 911 conspiracies theories tend to do the exact same thing. I'm not gonna engage with you any further on this because it's moronic. Maybe bring it to the conspiracies forum? :)

• Advertisement

The link only cites politifact.... Yes out of context clips can misrepresent a person. As all the 911 conspiracies theories tend to do the exact same thing. I'm not gonna engage with you any further on this because it's moronic. Maybe bring it to the conspiracies forum? :)

LOL. A video of him in two different is misrepresenting him how? Just admit you refuse to watch it because it goes against your narrative. Atleast be honest about it. You're just digging you're own grave at this point.

The only one being moronic is you. Its not a conspiracy theory if HE actually contradicts himself.

LOL. A video of him in two different is misrepresenting him how? Just admit you refuse to watch it because it goes against your narrative. Atleast be honest about it. You're just digging you're own grave at this point.

The only one being moronic is you. Its not a conspiracy theory if HE actually contradicts himself.

And most will view you as a conspiracy theorist attacking survivors of a spree killing.

And most will view you as a conspiracy theorist attacking survivors of a spree killing.

Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that. Atleast you can make yourself believe your bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,016 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that. Atleast you can make yourself believe your bs.

So, because he's expressing an opinion you donty like, you dismiss him as some wannabe celebrity?

Remind me again: are you pro or con free speech...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So, because he's expressing an opinion you donty like, you dismiss him as some wannabe celebrity?

Remind me again: are you pro or con free speech...?

NO.Its because he told one tale and then the next he told a different one. Its amazing watching the same talking heads here crying how one side refuses to look at evidence that contradicts their beliefs while they turn around and do the same thing.

• Advertisement

NO.Its because he told one tale and then the next he told a different one. Its amazing watching the same talking heads here crying how one side refuses to look at evidence that contradicts their beliefs while they turn around and do the same thing.

So that would be con, then.

Tell me, why do you refuse to look at evidence that contradicts your belief that he wasn't there? And then cry that other people refuse to look at YOUR evidence? What makes one side of the story more believeable, to you, that the other?

(For the record: I'm neutral. I don't know if he was there or not. Although if it was me, I'd be campaigning on behave of my murdered classmates regardless of where I was.)

So that would be con, then.

Tell me, why do you refuse to look at evidence that contradicts your belief that he wasn't there? And then cry that other people refuse to look at YOUR evidence? What makes one side of the story more believeable, to you, that the other?

Just like you would be on the con side for basic common sense. Why don't you look at the evidence? That's a video of him in his own words contradicting his story. Nobody else.

German reported to be holding judge hostage in Dublin court

A perfect example of when one reads what isn't there.

Just like you would be on the con side for basic common sense. Why don't you look at the evidence? That's a video of him in his own words contradicting his story. Nobody else.

Hang on a second - I said I'm neutral and now you're saying it's "just like me to be on the con side...??"

I also asked a question you ignored: why is one source more legitmate than the other? You're coming accross as a hypocrite here because you're clearly ignore evidence you don't like, while claiming others are doing so. Even if it turns out you are correct, it's more through luck that deductive research.

I've looked at the evidence. I'm looked at the response to the evidence, where he claims he returned later that day to film the aftermath. Maybe, maybe not.

Can you provide the entire interview, in which he cycles from home please? So I can have ALL the information you clearly have?

And WITHOUT assumed attacks as to which side I am or am not on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

NO.Its because he told one tale and then the next he told a different one.
    You're a trump supporter, this excuse holds no water.

I also asked a question you ignored: why is one source more megimate than the other?

Because one is a video of him in his own words contradicting himself. The other is a third party. So yes, The video of him in his own words should weigh more than some third party article.
    I've looked at the evidence. I'm looked at the response to the evidence, where he claims he returned later that day to film the aftermath. Maybe, maybe not.

Except in his second interview he said that he was home that day and only bicycled to the school when he heard of it.
    Can you provide the entire interview, in which he cycles from home please? So I can have ALL the information you clearly have?

It was in the video I posted.

This fact check even goes into those out of context quotes... A teacher even backs up that he was present. By your logic, all his classmates would be saying he wasn't present.... It also includes the fact he recorded interviews with classmates when the school was under lockdown. The out of context quote refers to him getting his camera after the events transpired later in the evening to do further interviews.
    https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/david-hogg-at-school-during-parkland-shooting/

So yep, all evidence indicates you're very gullible.

Billy86 wrote: »
    You're a trump supporter, this excuse holds no water.

You believe [or on the political side ]there is more than two genders. Your argument is moot.

You believe [or on the political side ]there is more than two genders. Your argument is moot.

Care to quote where I said that or are you just making sh*t up again?

Hang on a second - I said I'm neutral and now you're saying it's "just like me to be on the con side...??"

That's because John's like don't view this any differently than sports - because you didn't make it explicitly clear that you are on his side (as you're neutral) you are seen as the enemy. Same reason they refuse to question all the lies thrown at them in their little alt right circle jerk, they know if they do that they'll be ostracized and rejected by the herd.

Classic cultist mentality, basically.

• Advertisement

Because one is a video of him in his own words contradicting himself. The other is a third party. So yes, The video of him in his own words should weigh more than some third party article.

As I've said, it's not the full interview. Have you got the full interview, yes or no?
    Except in his second interview he said that he was home that day and only bicycled to the school when he heard of it.

There's the hole in you argument: he does not say that. HIe explanation is that he cycled back to school later in the day, and tthere is no contradiction in his story based on the segment presented. Which is why we need the full video.
    It was in the video I posted.

It was in the segment, Full video, please.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Care to quote where I said that or are you just making sh*t up again?

Care to quote where I actually made fun of dead victims or are you just making **** up again?

Care to quote where I actually made fun of dead victims or are you just making **** up again?

You're just making fun of the survivors and claiming they're engaging in an elaborate lie. Basically the same thing that happened with sandy hook. Accusing everyone of being a crisis actor.

Where did I say that either John? Why do you feel the need to make stuff up? Is it because youre too cowardly to defend your earlier comments?

I said you were mocking the victims of a mass school shooting because that's what you are doing.

Now show me the bit about genders again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

What the fcuk does that have to do with anything?

Surely it is newsworthy and safety conscious that the general public know the politics and reasoning behind the attack. In the 70's & 80's nobody was left in any doubt whenever the IRA carried out an attack. Why should it be any different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Keep telling yourself that.

Come on, man. Do you believe Sandy Hook was fake too? It's been debunked multiple times. The people who ran with it fell over themselves to apologise.He took video in the school during the shooting and tons (not literal) of eyewitnesses confirm he was there. This is pathetic.

He's legally an adult who wants to use this to be a celebrity. I have NEVER made fun of the actual victims. **** YOU for insinuating it.

Do you even read this stuff back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

1) He wasn't at the school at the time of the shooting so he's not a survivor. He admitted he was at home at the time and cycled down to the school to interview the actual survivors.

2) He's used this tragedy to make himself a celebrity. He's fair game. One can make fun of his pathetic attempts at stardom [at the expense of his dead classmates] without actually mocking the tragedy.

You're a grade a scumbag for insinuating such a thing.
    Mod note: JohnMc1, dont post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

Advertisement