Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IE's 071 Class.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭timber train

083 stabled in portarlington today .

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭timber train

077 stable just outside heuston @1.40pm
    088 is in front of a few mk4s at inch also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Class leader retro 071 is on the taras as of this evening for anyone looking to get some photos of it in the good weather while it lasts and before the loco becomes manky.

It was on the 17:30 ex Eastwall Junction link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

074, westport(timber)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Weedspraying train headed south through Killiney at 1109 this morning, hauled by an unidentified slate grey 071.
    I saw it from Vico Road, so could not see the number.

Anybody else see it? and catch the number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I can't believe the roof is still so clean considering all the freight works and bad weather lately.

072 hauled the Belmond from Dundalk to Connolly earlier today. The first time a 071 hauled it in revenue-earning service.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    072 hauled the Belmond from Dundalk to Connolly earlier today. The first time a 071 hauled it in revenue-earning service.

I even recall someone saying that would be a rarity if it ever happened as 071s have issues building brake pressure on Mk3 sets over 8 coaches long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I even recall someone saying that would be a rarity if it ever happened as 071s have issues building brake pressure on Mk3 sets over 8 coaches long.
    Well that explains what I was wondering which is why 071s weren't part of the game plan so that the Wicklow line could be included (and more of NIR using 111s) since the train is neither using loco HEP or push pulling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

084 arrived into Connolly earlier hauling a failed ICR from Rosslare.

Anyone why 071s are getting buffers painted gray? Not that it lasts long on them!

Anyone why 071s are getting buffers painted gray? Not that it lasts long on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

The buffers are not being painted grey, just replacements which come in that colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

34210603672_79f00e3e21_z.jpg081 in HDR by John McK, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

fantastic shot :)

Also, 082 is soon to be back in traffic since last running at the end of 2015 or so. Very long overhaul for that beast. Have a picture of it from last April sitting beside the RPSI rake in Inchicore on temp refurb bogies with barrier tape around the boarding ladders.

Cracking pic of 081 btw, the HDR mode really makes the colours pop.

Also, 082 is soon to be back in traffic since last running at the end of 2015 or so. Very long overhaul for that beast. Have a picture of it from last April sitting beside the RPSI rake in Inchicore on temp refurb bogies with barrier tape around the boarding ladders.

I wonder if it'll still have its distinctive sound?

Karsini wrote: »
    I wonder if it'll still have its distinctive sound?

Hope it does. 078 sounds a bit like it too at times since it was released back to traffic but 082 is still 082. Loudest loco by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

080 on the Rye Viaduct, Leixlip, 21-02-10, following close on the "Diesel Do" tour.

4379517301_b1742ae217.jpg080 crosses the Rye Viaduct by John McK, on Flickr

082 was let loose for a test run on Sunday to the Sallins loop and back to Inchicore. First time out in around 18 months or so I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

082 was let loose for a test run on Sunday to the Sallins loop and back to Inchicore. First time out in around 18 months or so I think.

And surprisingly retains it's old plates.

073 is due to be on test soon in it's "tipp-ex" livery.

GM228 wrote: »
    073 is due to be on test soon in it's "tipp-ex" livery.

I hear 111 and 113 are being used by NIR to conduct multiple working testing soon despite working in multiple before for an ITG railtour.

Wonder will IE conduct testing with 071 and 073 prior for the RPSI tour later in the year. There's still a bit to be done with 073's new livery, the stripes are just being added. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭h.gricer

082 First time out in around 18 months or so I think.
    Time does fly, but it's actually 2 and a half years, doesn't seem that long, but it is.

Regards
    h.gricer

Advertisement