Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New NTA Livery

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

.anon. wrote: »
    They've already wasted too much time pandering to cranks. There is one particularly vocal 'disability activist and advocate', who will not be happy, whatever the outcome.

I don't nessecarily disagree there but I thought the whole point on changing the livery again was to incorporate more yellow but this livery has the more or less the same amount of yellow as the livery seen on GAI buses and some Bus Eireann vehicles also now.

I don't think it's a huge improvement on the current TFI livery aesthically speaking and I really can't see why they can't just roll the current TFI livery to the DB fleet and be done with it.

However I do think the NTA should at a different livery for city/town services and a different livery for longer distance services. So perhaps they could keep the current livery and use on BE and any future tendered commuter PSO services and roll out the new livery for city services both DB and GAI in Dublin and BE city/town services in the likes of Cork, Galway, Limerick, Sligo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A bus is a bus, I really couldn't give a tuppenny damn what colour it is, provided it showed up on time and maintained the advertised schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

This proposed new nta livery is certainly better than the existing nta livery but I think the current Dublin bus livery is my favourite.

A bus is a bus, I really couldn't give a tuppenny damn what colour it is, provided it showed up on time and maintained the advertised schedule.

If you had a visual impairment you would. What you take for granted is something that might cause an issue for someone else due to a disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

August's edition of Buses Magazine is reporting that 74 of the new ADL Hybrids will go to DB with 26 of them going to BÉ.

Also BÉ's new order of VDL Futura double deck coaches will also have this new green/yellow livery for their Dublin commuter services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

GT89 wrote: »
    If you had a visual impairment you would. What you take for granted is something that might cause an issue for someone else due to a disability.

Ok make them all bright yellow, whatever.

Also I have heard that DB were going to allow the NTA use the DB livery on GAI buses with GAI and TFI logos but the NTA thought they knew better and said no and wanted to go with their own livery

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Hybrids due for delivery in October

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Also I have heard that DB were going to allow the NTA use the DB livery on GAI buses with GAI and TFI logos but the NTA thought they knew better and said no and wanted to go with their own livery

I cannot imagine that DB would allow that to happen unless it was in exchange for a signficant sum of money in which the rights for the livery was sold. It is trademarked after all and DB have valued it at a very signficant sum of money indeed.

ax586 wrote: »
    Hybrids due for delivery in October

Great didn't think they'd be delivered until next year due to the Covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Also BÉ's new order of VDL Futura double deck coaches will also have this new green/yellow livery for their Dublin commuter services.

This can't be true

The NTA don't want to deal with VDL anymore and neither company are waiting any orders off them for PSO.

There's an outstanding expressway order with VDL for a tri-axle single deck coach but they'll come in red, if they come at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,663 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This can't be true

The NTA don't want to deal with VDL anymore and neither company are waiting any orders off them for PSO.

There's an outstanding expressway order with VDL for a tri-axle single deck coach but they'll come in red, if they come at all....

So what happened there, or is it the old adage "buy cheap, pay twice!" / "fool me once..."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

tabbey wrote: »
    This proposed new nta livery is certainly better than the existing nta livery but I think the current Dublin bus livery is my favourite.

I think the new livery is the biz....it suits the AN POST Money operation just perfickly down to d'ground.....:)

https://www.anpost.com/Money/Loans ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

So I'm confused: with GaI entering the market all the buses needed a new colour scheme, but thought it was only Dublin?

Then heard Cork, Galway and even Kilkenny services would use the new livery? Basically the transport of the whole country.

Is Bus Éireann getting the new colour scheme? Even intercity bues?

So after, relatively recently, began to change over to the new livery they're changing it again?!

Will Luas, DART, trains also get new symbols and colours to conform to the new branding?

So I'm confused: with GaI entering the market all the buses needed a new colour scheme, but thought it was only Dublin?

Then heard Cork, Galway and even Kilkenny services would use the new livery? Basically the transport of the whole country.

Is Bus Éireann getting the new colour scheme? Even intercity bues?

So after, relatively recently, began to change over to the new livery they're changing it again?!

Will Luas, DART, trains also get new symbols and colours to conform to the new branding?

Bus Eireann intercity services won't be getting it as they are not PSO assuming you are refering to Expressway routes. Bus Eireann PSO services will get this livery.

Bus Eireann intercity services won't be getting it as they are not PSO assuming you are refering to Expressway routes. Bus Eireann PSO services will get this livery.

So only Expressway routes will retain their own livery? All other routes will have the new TFI colours?

So only Expressway routes will retain their own livery? All other routes will have the new TFI colours?

I should have said may not will get this livery as it's not clear

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Will Irish Rail get a new livery too? It would be mportant so that intending passengers don't get on trains operated by other railway companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Will Irish Rail get a new livery too? It would be mportant so that intending passengers don't get on trains operated by other railway companies.
    which other one?

ITV2 wrote: »
    which other one?

I think the op was joking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Del.Monte wrote: »

We know you're trolling, so cut it out, because my trigger finger is getting itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DoctorPan

Wouldn't actually mind seeing an ICR, 2600, 2800 or 29000 in the NTA livery. Would be nice to see a common public transport livery.

I have to say I don't agree with the whole NTA approach at all. Okay so having the same livery for the city's bus network makes perfect sense - this is obviously the norm the world over - but what's the point in Cork's, Limerick and Galway's being the exact same? And will it not be confusing when a regular city bus has the same colour scheme as a commuter bus coming from, say Newbridge?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Has the NTA actually said intercity buses will have the same livery?

Peregrine wrote: »

Such is my understanding, no one explicitly answered my question on a previous post. As with many things relating to transport in Ireland it's hard to get a definitive answer. I did see a bus in Galway the other day with the new livery though.

I'm open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Such is my understanding, no one explicitly answered my question on a previous post. As with many things relating to transport in Ireland it's hard to get a definitive answer. I did see a bus in Galway the other day with the new livery though.

I'm open to correction though.

Are there even that many public intercity bus services? Most of them are Expressway aren't they? Which is commercial.

Peregrine wrote: »
    AngryLips wrote: »
    Are there even that many public intercity bus services? Most of them are Expressway aren't they? Which is commercial.

Sorry misread; not sure about the their Expressway services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Expressway won't be getting the NTA livery given the fact that they're a commercial service and completely separate to the PSO routes run by BE.

In regards to the NTA livery seen in Galway, that would be on the Sunsundegui low floor coaches destined for PSO services that were delivered to BE (and GAI for the Kildare corridor routes).

Advertisement