Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trouble getting service on Gomo.

• 30-06-2020 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭

Have a Redmi note 8 global version that doesn't seem to work on Gomo. Worked fine when I got the card but not when it switched over earlier.

Fine on an old Huawei phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Doesn't those Xaomi phones do a SIM/phone number authentication on power up.

Perhaps the original phone number of the SIM, before switch over is linked to it.

Just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Perhaps the original phone number of the SIM, before switch over is linked to it.

Just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just a guess.

Sorted thanks. Some change protocols nonsense button that was barely visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smallorfaraway

kneemos wrote: »
    Sorted thanks. Some change protocols nonsense button that was barely visible.

Sorry to reopen the discussion, but I also have a Xiaomi and my coverage with GoMo is barely functional, could you tell me what setting you changed, please? Thank you!

Sorry to reopen the discussion, but I also have a Xiaomi and my coverage with GoMo is barely functional, could you tell me what setting you changed, please? Thank you!

It was for changing networks, won't help with coverage though.

• Advertisement

Check your APN under mobile and network settings.

Should be data meteor.ie I think.

Advertisement