Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anime at the Cinema

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Evade wrote: »
    Weathering with you is showing on the 30th of January

https://www.myvue.com/cinema/dublin/film/weathering-with-you

Fyi, this screening is for the English dub. Other locations are going live atm. No more for Ireland as of yet outside this screening and the double bill on January 15th in the Lighthouse.

The times are up for One Piece Stampede in Cineworld. 4pm for the dub and 7pm for the sub on Sunday February 2nd.

All the times are now up for Weathering With You. There are multiple screenings in Dublin, Cork and Galway.

All screenings can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So happy I saw this thread, even if it means I'll have to travel to see any of them as nothing outside of Dublin as far as I can see. Must petition the local ones to see if they'll get it.

Tempted now to go up for Stampede. Is the date just the release date and there'll be more viewings, or is it likely a 1 time only affair?

Edit: I've banged off an email to Odeon, Omniplex and Vue specifically about the cinemas in Limerick showing Stampede. I also dropped a line about the upcoming DEMON SLAYER - KIMETSU NO YAIBA - The Movie: Mugen Train, as even if I have to travel to England, I want to see this in the cinema! Will let ye know what they say, but I'd imagine Odeon and Omniplex won't have anything, but at least Stampede is showing on the Vue website, but could be for UK audiences only...

So happy I saw this thread, even if it means I'll have to travel to see any of them as nothing outside of Dublin as far as I can see. Must petition the local ones to see if they'll get it.

Tempted now to go up for Stampede. Is the date just the release date and there'll be more viewings, or is it likely a 1 time only affair?

Edit: I've banged off an email to Odeon, Omniplex and Vue specifically about the cinemas in Limerick showing Stampede. I also dropped a line about the upcoming DEMON SLAYER - KIMETSU NO YAIBA - The Movie: Mugen Train, as even if I have to travel to England, I want to see this in the cinema! Will let ye know what they say, but I'd imagine Odeon and Omniplex won't have anything, but at least Stampede is showing on the Vue website, but could be for UK audiences only...

One time only is the norm for anime. At least Weathering is get a decent run in Cork and Galway if you are interested.

• Advertisement

One time only is the norm for anime. At least Weathering is get a decent run in Cork and Galway if you are interested.

Typical. Might try and start a movement! :D

Just had a look at the trailer, doesn't seem like my kinda show, but cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ryanbrady123

Didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ryanbrady123

Didn't the 24th screening of weathering with you in the lighthouse not used to be a double screening of your name?

Didn't the 24th screening of weathering with you in the lighthouse not used to be a double screening of your name?

No, the double screening was on last night.

Odeon got back to me, no intention of showing any anime by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

Expect this to only be shown in Cineworld too.

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/1222534320008593410?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

The new MHA movie supposedly takes place around where the manga is now so potential spoilers for anyone only following the anime.

Times of MHA are up on the Cineworld website.

7.30 on the 26th(subbed) and 27th(dubbed) of February.

I'll post if more locations become available.

Expect both of these to sell out fairly quickly. Additional screenings may be put on depending on demand.

MHA is also on in the Vue Liffey Valley, 7pm dubbed, 8.30 subbed both nights.

Seem to be the only locations in Ireland.

Two subtitled screenings of MHA have been added for The Gate in Cork. 6.30pm on the 26th and 27th.

https://www.facebook.com/274023572618848/posts/2868064826548030/

The Lighthouse just added some more screenings of Weathering With You if anyone missed it last month.

https://lighthousecinema.ie/showing/showing-53859

Vue Liffey Valley have added a bunch of extra MHA screenings sub and dub over the weekend.

Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul is screening in Cineworld next month. April 13th dubbed, 15th subbed. No times as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Would the Hero Academia movie be understandable for someone that just follows the manga?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

megaten wrote: »
    Would the Hero Academia movie be understandable for someone that just follows the manga?
    More than anime watchers. The new movie takes place around where the manga is now.

EDIT: Or if you meant Two Heroes on Netflix it's a side story so should be fine.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    More than anime watchers. The new movie takes place around where the manga is now.

EDIT: Or if you meant Two Heroes on Netflix it's a side story so should be fine.

The new movie takes place after the events of season 4, though there are only a few visual indications of this. No story details are revealed so no spoilers.

I meant the one in the cinema cheers, I'm actually falling of MHA and don't think its very interesting at the moment but I might go for the novelty.

Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul is screening in Cineworld next month. April 13th dubbed, 15th subbed. No times as of yet.

Bookings are open for Made in Abyss, 8pm both nights. You will need to book at the box office or the website, listing isn't on the app for some reason.

Bookings are open for Made in Abyss, 8pm both nights. You will need to book at the box office or the website, listing isn't on the app for some reason.

Expect this to be cancelled.

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/cineworld-cinemas-closure-faq-coronavirus-covid-19

Not in the cinema, but anime movie related.

https://www.screenanime.com/

Seems interesting, operated by Anime Limited.

Starts next week. First films available are Promare, Royal Space Force, Penguin Highway and Patema Inverted.
    £4 per month or £40 for the year. 4 movies per month. Three day free trial as well.

Not in the cinema, but anime movie related.

https://www.screenanime.com/

Seems interesting, operated by Anime Limited.

Starts next week. First films available are Promare, Royal Space Force, Penguin Highway and Patema Inverted.
    £4 per month or £40 for the year. 4 movies per month. Three day free trial as well.

Provided I can get it onto my TV easily I might subscribe the odd month. I've always appreciated the absolutely serious efforts they've always made on getting anime on the big screen. I've seen those other than Royal Space Force.

megaten wrote: »
    Provided I can get it onto my TV easily I might subscribe the odd month. I've always appreciated the absolutely serious efforts they've always made on getting anime on the big screen. I've seen those other than Royal Space Force.

Should be able to, they will be launching mobile apps and one for AppleTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Where are you getting the opening 4 films from? That website is...bare bones...to say the least. But €4 for Promare and Honneamise would be well worth it.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Where are you getting the opening 4 films from? That website is...bare bones...to say the least. But €4 for Promare and Honneamise would be well worth it.

They're stated in the press release. There will also be a tv series that is tbd, though it is most likely the tv series will be something that is streaming elsewhere.

https://fetch.fm/screen-anime/screen-anime-screen-anime/

• Advertisement

They're stated in the press release. There will also be a tv series that is tbd, though it is most likely the tv series will be something that is streaming elsewhere.

https://fetch.fm/screen-anime/screen-anime-screen-anime/

The tv series for this month is Wolf's Rain. Site goes live at 6.

Advertisement