Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland u20s 6 Nations and World Championahip 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Crowley looking lively and sharp.

Some very poor tackle attempts by Ireland for the Scottish tries.

I know it's very early days but I'm not seeing the same talent levels as some other years aside from a few notable exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

SOB 5.0 lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Andrew Smith now has a try. Nicely done.

Bloody hell.

A length of the field forwards try.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Some wheels on our forwards!

• Advertisement

Thomas Ahern has got himself a try. Great stroke of luck to be on his knees at the last moment.

A lock accelerating away from a full back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Some lovely scores.

Luis Faria is on now for his debut. Best of luck to him. I hope he does well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Buer wrote: »
    I know it's very early days but I'm not seeing the same talent levels as some other years aside from a few notable exceptions.

Last year was an exceptional year, but in fairness the U20s tend to improve dramatically as the season goes on.

• Advertisement

Crowley looking lively and sharp.

Some very poor tackle attempts by Ireland for the Scottish tries.

Tbf we had a very good crop last year. I can easily see 5 or 6 from that bunch getting a load of Ireland senior caps. We can afford two or three relatively lean years churning out just one or two prospects. 2017 and 2018 weren't great years, but still produced Doris and Kelleher, but if whom will.maie their Ireland senior debuts tomorrow. And of course we're still reaping the benefits from 2016.

Could still see a lot from this squad having good careers. I rate Noel McNamara very highly as a coach. Last years squad had the natural talent but we're also extremely well drilled. This year may not quite have the same talent, but they're still well coached.

That was too easy. Some of our guys are looking knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Score?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Score?

33-19 to Ireland.

Given this is Scotland at home, I'd be concerned what England and France could do to our defence. Multiple players being brushed off.

That try was soft as could be. Clarkson and Ahern are two of the better players but looked very ordinary there. I'd be as concerned by the passage of play leading to it though. Aside from the likes of McCann we were giving up yards for fun in contact and this Scotland side aren't monsters.

You'd think Scotland are the ones with the gale behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Irish 14 has incredibly poor tackling technique, his head is continuously on the wrong side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Finlay looks like a prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

yellow card minimum coming.
    the wind playing havoc there

Scottish player knocked himself out making a dangerous tackle on the Ireland player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rufus you dufus.
    He had eyes on McNulty what was he even thinking ?

• Advertisement

I honestly think it's a bit harsh. He tried to stop and the only contact he made was the Irish player's knee striking his head, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I honestly think it's a bit harsh. He tried to stop and the only contact he made was the Irish player's knee striking his head, I think.
    slightly harsh and yes he did try stop but had to be yellow.
    Good to get another score on board

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Finlay looks like a prospect

Comfortably our best player, for me. Really ran the show in difficult conditions. Probably a bit undersized but has a nice all round game including a very decent kicking game. Notable mention to Ahern who went off relatively early but had a very big 50 minutes or so.

Scotland have been markedly superior at the set piece. We need a lot of work go so there.

Score is just about a fair reflection. We were far more clinical in our visits to their 22. Scotland had the better of the second half overall but were very error prone with ball in hand. They were on top over the half despite playing into a gale.

Defensively, we're completely at sea both in terms of systemic errors and individuals falling off and giving up yards.

A couple of very young lads on the bench will benefit from being involved. McCarthy looked decent and is still 18. I'll be interested in how he goes for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Italy about to win in Wales?

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Italy about to win in Wales?

Still 7 to 17 in the last minute.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Still 7 to 17 in the last minute.

And that's how it finishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Watching Wales V Italy (because that game DID record).

Wales scored their try before 20 min. Not great skills. Italy 15 thinks he's Billy Big Ballicks, but he's really not. Weirdly, Wales look more pedestrian but well coached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Wales have had a ferocious wind behind them and, at 36 min, have done zero with it and are a point behind.

Advertisement