Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Google Exec Reveal Plan to Prevent A Trump situation in 2020

• 25-06-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Project Veritas blows whistle on Google via hidden camera interview.

Whether you like Trump or not, its frightening to see how much power these big tech companies have, and to see them bragging about it is beyond sickening.
    Youtube again, are now taking down all videos of this.

Some quotes of googles head of ethical machine learning include:

Google “is bent on never letting somebody like Donald Trump come to power again.”

Google Exec Says Don’t Break Us Up: “smaller companies don’t have the resources” to “prevent next Trump situation”

https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/06/24/insider-blows-whistle-exec-reveals-google-plan-to-prevent-trump-situation-in-2020-on-hidden-cam/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

good, Drumpf should have never been elected in the first place, the russians hacked into the electrical college and changed the results, hopefully google can prevent that this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Good on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Eh, it's a pretty damning video. But I'm really put off by just how much editing happens in it.

There's massive cuts, jumps to other people and a lot of out of place

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That site looks like a load of biased bollocks to me.

Can't watch the video here but comments could easily be taken out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How creepy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Don't Project Veritas have a long and extremely shady history of creating heavily edited and very misleading videos?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/29/project-veritas-how-fake-news-prize-went-to-rightwing-group-beloved-by-trump

I'd wait until there's evidence from a source that isn't entirely discredited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Wow! Google execs saying they can decide the course of an election, things are gone pretty far. They've got to be broken up. Never heard of Project Veritas, but fair play. I always mean to use DuckDuckGo instead of Google, rarely do, must make more of an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

El_Bee wrote: »
    good, Drumpf should have never been elected in the first place, the russians hacked into the electrical college and changed the results, hopefully google can prevent that this time.

Google can just ask themselves and instantly know how to. Amazing.

Hack the electrical colláge now, Stalin!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Love it when people with absolutely 0 idea about Politics mouth off about Trump. As much as I hate the man, he has without a doubt been the best President in terms of "Making America Great Again" in decades. Facts don't lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

If this was happening to the Democrats you'd very quickly see the private company argument disappear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

B0jangles wrote: »
    Don't Project Veritas have a long and extremely shady history of creating heavily edited and very misleading videos?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/29/project-veritas-how-fake-news-prize-went-to-rightwing-group-beloved-by-trump

Seems to be a recurring theme in the modern Rightwing victimhood industry.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

B0jangles wrote: »

Here's their last video:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

How are people labelling this as fake news when its crystal clear from her quotes what her and googles objectives here are?
    The brainwashing here is real. The guardian article is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the mask has slipped. Remove the Trump element from this and think about what theyre doing here. Scary stuff. Skynet needs to be dismantled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Google is a tad creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Love it when people with absolutely 0 idea about Politics mouth off about Trump. As much as I hate the man, he has without a doubt been the best President in terms of "Making America Great Again" in decades. Facts don't lie.

Fortunately lots of people who do know something about politics also “mouth off” about him. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,890 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Eh, it's a pretty damning video. But I'm really put off by just how much editing happens in it.

There's massive cuts, jumps to other people and a lot of out of place

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Google can just ask themselves and instantly know how to. Amazing.

Hack the electrical colláge now, Stalin!

Nah, Stalin would simply "hack" the voters.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

splashuum wrote: »
    How are people labelling this as fake news when its crystal clear from her quotes what her and googles objectives here are?

You just did exactly the same thing you're moaning about people here doing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

splashuum wrote: »

Have you ever heard of cognitive bias? You have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’d like to see the full unedited video, but it’s very Orwellian if even half true.

I’d like to see the full unedited video, but it’s very Orwellian if even half true.

Against my better judgement, I'd a quick look. It's some lad with an obscure face. Could be the company janitor for all we know.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Who uses google suggestions for something other than comedy purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

also, if anyone hasn't seen it I'd recommend watching Carol Cadwalladrs TED talk. I've read pretty much everything she's written about the cambridge analytica scandal and this video is a very brief introduction to it.

It's scary how much fake campaign news was targeted and shared on facebook and google during the US elections and Brexit referendum. We need companies like facebook and google to stop it happening again.

I remember when facebook were being questioned by congress in the US, they were asked what made them think particular ads that targeted Trump supporters originated in Russia. Because when they looked into it afterwards they discovered they had been paid for in Roubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

gibgodsman wrote: »

Very true and it's killing a lot of the liberals. Google/Facebook/YouTube etc... are going to pull out all the stops to stop President Trump getting re-elected next year but as long as the American economy continues to thrive it won't matter a jot once the voters enter the polling booths.

Can't stand Trump think he's comes across like a f u cking idiot but compared to Obama he's doing an outstanding job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

That Irish Google VP sounds like a right evil sociopathic ****.
    Dangerous dangerous people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Grayson wrote: »
    also, if anyone hasn't seen it I'd recommend watching Carol Cadwalladrs TED talk. I've read pretty much everything she's written about the cambridge analytica scandal and this video is a very brief introduction to it.

It's scary how much fake campaign news was targeted and shared on facebook and google during the US elections and Brexit referendum. We need companies like facebook and google to stop it happening again.

I remember when facebook were being questioned by congress in the US, they were asked what made them think particular ads that targeted Trump supporters originated in Russia. Because when they looked into it afterwards they discovered they had been paid for in Roubles.

Yes, we need to stop people having incorrect opinions.
    Only political parties/politicians approved by Mega Tech should be allowed any power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter most certainly do suppress search results and attack conservatives directly. Time for conservatives to fight back. A good start would be against Facebook and other like entities. Since it’s a private company you can’t force them not to be dangerous biased jerks or to honor free speech. But one thing you can do is create legislation targeting them in the pocket books when they deplatform conservatives, locking them out of their accounts, but still allow their posting or videos to remain available in order to rake in revenues. Legislation can be made to force them to share in the revenues they generate even when they lock you out of your account.

One of the greatest conservative Twitter posters is James Woods. Many of his twitter comments are genius. Twitter finally had enough of his postings and growing influence and did him in. But his posting history is still out there to read and enjoy. I’d like to see some laws made that he be compensated for the revenues he still generates.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Advertisement