Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

goochy wrote: »
    he wasnt that posh - but just a bit sure of himself - smug - this is from a Dub marooned in Cork - just reminded me why if though i am one myself i dont warm to alot of Dub/ Bray people

I agree.

He came across as a bit of a "luvvie" to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I agree.

He came across as a bit of a "luvvie" to be honest.

I know Emma is dead but I git fed up listening to her too. Her books were dreadful rubbish, I dont know how anyone could read more than ten pages of any of her books.

There, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭goochy

was it chic - waffle ? what where the books about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I hear Tubridy now on about "I guess we're now not able to play Michael Jackson songs any more really". Aren't they all so f**king virtuous.

Well I hope you apply the same standard to your own sports department then. Any production that the sex offdender RTE sports producer guy was involved in should not be shown on TV ever again. How about Ryan, Ray? Why don't one of you suggest that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Darcy seems to have a blind spot when it comes to his hero David Bowie as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

sligojoek wrote: »

Why, what do you think Bowie was up to, as regards pre pubescent children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

was it chic - waffle ? what where the books about ?

Yes, utter nonsense, very badly written and not proof read at all.

She had lots of pals to get her access to publicity and thats probably why the books were published.

I just felt too that hundreds and hundreds of people get terminal cancer and suffer in silence and its just as difficult for their families as it is for someone who was on the airwaves a lot talking about her illness.

just read her bf was Cathy Kelly - enough said - never read her books - but an annoying girly feminist

BarryD2 wrote: »

Why, what do you think Bowie was up to, as regards pre pubescent children?
    Maybe not pre pubescent but Lorri Mattix was 14 when he took her virginity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Ian Dempsey is another fan of Bowie. Getting a black star tattoo for some charity drive.

Last week D'arcy had some item about "Beige being the new grey" when it came to home decor. And he went on to explain how beige used to be considered boring and a bit vanilla.

The man didn't even realise he was describing himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,946 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hear Tubridy now on about "I guess we're now not able to play Michael Jackson songs any more really". Aren't they all so f**king virtuous.

Well I hope you apply the same standard to your own sports department then. Any production that the sex offdender RTE sports producer guy was involved in should not be shown on TV ever again. How about Ryan, Ray? Why don't one of you suggest that?

This nonsense is taking things to a new level. I know radio stations in places have already said they won't be playing MJ music again.

How is that going to help anything?

By playing MJ music or listening to it doesn't make you a paedo or a supporter of them. Absolute crap of the highest order.

If RTE make that decision and make it official, I won't be listening to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

I think you should read a little about Lori, before condemning Bowie... or many of the other 'rock stars' of the period who 'knew' her.

swarlb wrote: »
    I think you should read a little about Lori, before condemning Bowie... or many of the other 'rock stars' of the period who 'knew' her.

I know that . Jimmy Page etc. David was well aware of her age too.

My point is, Ray, who won't play songs from a man who is accused of something has no problem playing music by a man who is well documented as having sex with a 14 year old girl.

I never liked MJ anyway and couldn't care less if I never heard him again. Bowie, I can take or leave him. On the other hand I love Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis. Lot of history there too but I'll listen to their stuff till the day I die.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Many years ago I remember hearing Darcy on today fm soap boxing about the Eric Clapton I think after he played a gig in Kilkenny where the sound was a complaint of many concert goers. He then said it was inappropriate to play songs like Cocaine on the radio for what they convey and the use of the word. Then not a week later he's pumping out Republic of Loose song The steady song. There's a lyric in it " I bought some heroin and brought it to school".
    It was time to hit the dial then.

Heckler wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey is another fan of Bowie. Getting a black star tattoo for some charity drive.

Last week D'arcy had some item about "Beige being the new grey" when it came to home decor. And he went on to explain how beige used to be considered boring and a bit vanilla.

The man didn't even realise he was describing himself.
    So much this. Was on the Luas at the time and trying to contain my laughter as the man was espousing the advantages of magnolia.

He either has little sense of self-awareness or a sublime sense of irony.

hes a woman inside a man what do you expect - go back to the ciara kelly forum

hes a woman inside a man what do you expect - go back to the ciara kelly forum
    leave any sexist comments at the door before you think about posting in this Forum again.

who are you the mod ?

who are you the mod ?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

^^^^^^^^^^^

Well thats awkward. :pac:

• Advertisement

not really - isnt it supposed to say whos the mod ?

Ah the women. Great bunch o lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Ray is going to celebrate international women's day by growing a pair of balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Maybe a pity Ray didn't take the hint and take the day off as well instead of beating his brethren about the head :)

Is he reading that from something Jenny prepared or just doing it to to win browny points with her for weekend ?
    why does he just have a sex change if hes so ashamed to be a man ?

hope they bring up the thing about the academic who wrote in irish times yesterday that IWD is aload of toss.

he mentioned Jennys attributes - one of them was a nice way of saying she wears the trousers - but of course was said in a way to sound positive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Didn't realise today was mens bashing day

its everyday with Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dunleaej

Poor aul Ray gets dogs abuse in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

dunleaej wrote: »
    Poor aul Ray gets dogs abuse in here.

Dogs are respected around here.

Advertisement