Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Colm and Lucy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Did they mention babies,..?,...Morty and wife were all about the b word today........youd think they were Adam and Eve ffs...who were more celebrity than the Miller's....so Ruth is filling in for Dee.....at least there'll be a someone there to wipe Mortys asre for him..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've switched to 2FM in the mornings and whilst they still talk a lot of waffle, its actually entertaining and I find myself having a few laughs.

When I'm in the car and want to listen to music, I have to use the phone via aux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Did they mention babies,..?,...Morty and wife were all about the b word today........youd think they were Adam and Eve ffs...who were more celebrity than the Miller's....so Ruth is filling in for Dee.....at least there'll be a someone there to wipe Mortys asre for him..;)

Has Ruth started yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Has Ruth started yet?

Ruth Scott? Is she joining the breakfast show?

Kyle More wrote: »
    Ruth Scott? Is she joining the breakfast show?

Covering Dee Woods' maternity leave apparently. Liam is covering her show and Lisa Gernon is covering Liam's show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The Promo is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The first hour of the show is 100% pre recorded... no way that is live

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mloc123 wrote: »

Listened the first time this morning. Lot of waffle about celebrities, both presenters seem even move stilted than when they were on 2fm. They don't seem to get on there's no chemistry with them at all.

Dont you mean pre-rehersed....:P

pre-rehearsed

When someone says something that they've already practiced several times, you can call their words "pre-rehearsed".

We often use the phrase "pre-rehearsed" to complain that someone isn't speaking honestly or naturally. For example:

The NEW Colm and lucy breakfast show..

Dont you mean pre-rehersed....:P

pre-rehearsed

When someone says something that they've already practiced several times, you can call their words "pre-rehearsed".

We often use the phrase "pre-rehearsed" to complain that someone isn't speaking honestly or naturally. For example:

The NEW Colm and lucy breakfast show..
    A very good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's as if an alcoholic homeless guy lost the plot and is holding a Dublin mother hostage in a radio studio and she must appease his delusion or he'll murder her

It's as if an alcoholic homeless guy lost the plot and is holding a Dublin mother hostage in a radio studio and she must appease his delusion or he'll murder her

Nah...he only looks like that.....................:P

(Originally posted by jvan)
    Turned on Nova earlier and those 2 breakfast show clowns were on. Even Saturday mornings aren't safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

(Originally posted by jvan)
    Turned on Nova earlier and those 2 breakfast show clowns were on. Even Saturday mornings aren't safe!

Yeah I noticed that the station puts together the "best bits from the week" and replay it on Saturday.

Who wants to listen to this shyte.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I used to refer others to Nova as being a good station if you liked music.
    Now I've stopped listening to Nova altogether.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that the station puts together the "best bits from the week" and replay it on Saturday.

Infoanon....obviously...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmm really not liking the 'new' direction NOva has gone. OK I could just about make it from the ad breaks (as the in-house ones are REALLY p!$$poor for the longest time... but have gotten a little better in the last few months) and the returning morning dribble of chat bot DJ's to know we had Greg coming up with a no waffle/perfect balance of quick music related fact and darn good tunes to make my working day better... hell even Marty was ok..

BUT for the love of all that is good please get those two off the front end of the station and just go back to playing good tunes and no chat about Celebes's, kids or anything 'variety' related. For F$%k sake this is suppose to be a rock station not 2fm or 104!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Interesting post this morning on their (Nova's) Facebook feed. They were promoting John Mayer's new single (the post also mentioned this train wreck of a show).

John Mayer....seriously? It was Lily Allen yesterday....:confused::confused:

god's toy wrote: »
    Hmm really not liking the 'new' direction NOva has gone. OK I could just about make it from the ad breaks (as the in-house ones are REALLY p!$$poor for the longest time... but have gotten a little better in the last few months) and the returning morning dribble of chat bot DJ's to know we had Greg coming up with a no waffle/perfect balance of quick music related fact and darn good tunes to make my working day better... hell even Marty was ok..

BUT for the love of all that is good please get those two off the front end of the station and just go back to playing good tunes and no chat about Celebes's, kids or anything 'variety' related. For F$%k sake this is suppose to be a rock station not 2fm or 104!

I guess the rock format didn't work somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I heard a promo over the weekend where they now claim to be focussing on playing latest music. That doesn't fit with their "classic rock" remit.

I guess they are moving towards a TXFM lite now, bridge the gap between full on pop and indie?

• Advertisement

I heard a promo over the weekend where they now claim to be focussing on playing latest music. That doesn't fit with their "classic rock" remit.

I guess they are moving towards a TXFM lite now, bridge the gap between full on pop and indie?

Its been TXFM Lite for a while now with the odd "rock" track thrown in, say Fleetwood Mac or The Stones......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I tuned in to Nova the other morning and thought I’d got the channel wrong when I heard these two muppets.

I don’t want to hear about your ****ing child never mind actually hearing your ****ing child as the voice of a stupid competition!!

And I don’t want to hear celeb gossip and royal weddings.

I want to hear good music presented by someone who actually cares about said music.

The two lads Marty and Conor before were ok’ish. I could just about tolerate them. Although their over the top enthusiasm for life was a bit much in particular Marty. Always felt Conor was just going along with it.

Dee Woods is just woeful. Get her off the radio someone for the love of god.

Pat Courtney I’d take back in a heart beat but I’d imagine he’s done with early slots and I can’t blame him.

Just get someone in that’s like Courtney. I don’t mean a copy cat but someone who loves music like he does so it doesn’t feel contrived.

The whole idea of Radio Nova was to be different. Be about the music.

I tuned in to Nova the other morning and thought I’d got the channel wrong when I heard these two muppets.

I don’t want to hear about your ****ing child never mind actually hearing your ****ing child as the voice of a stupid competition!!

And I don’t want to hear celeb gossip and royal weddings.

I want to hear good music presented by someone who actually cares about said music.

The two lads Marty and Conor before were ok’ish. I could just about tolerate them. Although their over the top enthusiasm for life was a bit much in particular Marty. Always felt Conor was just going along with it.

Dee Woods is just woeful. Get her off the radio someone for the love of god.

Pat Courtney I’d take back in a heart beat but I’d imagine he’s done with early slots and I can’t blame him.

Just get someone in that’s like Courtney. I don’t mean a copy cat but someone who loves music like he does so it doesn’t feel contrived.

The whole idea of Radio Nova was to be different. Be about the music.

Yikes..:eek:...not contrived.....you know he went to the "Adrian Cronauer school for dj's".....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

The new morning show is a crock. Rubbish music and absolute banal conversation. Bring back anyone else. Axe the presenters and just play music. Nova can consider themselves fortunate phantom are gone, or they'd be losing all their listeners. They must be haemhorraging their regular listeners in the morning. I really do not want to hear celebrity gossip. If I had any interest, I'd be listening to a station that advertises that sort of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

seagull wrote: »
    Axe the presenters and just play music.

That ain't gonna happen when Hayes himself is at the helm.

Kamili wrote: »
    That ain't gonna happen when Hayes himself is at the helm.

He's such a plank, like that loud fcuker in a restaurant, or on the bus......a la Dom Jolly....cept DJ is funny....

Does anyone here think he's an asset to the station...??...no ass jokes please..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Liam Quigley on this morning. Less chat, more music. And better music than those 2.

Why can't this be the morning show?

He just read the newspaper headlines rather than talking about babies and the British Royal family.

Oh,have they dropped Colin & Lucy then or was it just a day off? I only switch to Nova at 10am,gave up on the breakfast show after a couple of days!

Wheety wrote: »
    Liam Quigley on this morning. Less chat, more music. And better music than those 2.

Why can't this be the morning show?

He just read the newspaper headlines rather than talking about babies and the British Royal family.
    C&L must be busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

C&L must be busy.

Probably opening a new Tesco somewhere.

Advertisement