Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Great, I bought ANOTHER one :rolleyes:

Hey... Me Too !! I'm looking at it from the point of view that all the additional discounted ones are bringing down the average cost of the earlier ones I bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Don't think I have another E27 fitting in the house, got one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Got that E27 colour light earlier. Now either need to get an adapter or a new fitting for the main bedroom light so the Hue go and it can work together.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Not sure if this is any use to us in Ireland, but there are some deals on Screwfix here: http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=energenie#_=p - found it on a facebook group. Interesting to see you can get a power strip that works with the dot, this would be cool for tv etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Thanks for contributing to this, think I have a new favourite thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Zascar wrote: »
    Not sure if this is any use to us in Ireland, but there are some deals on Screwfix here: http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=energenie#_=p - found it on a facebook group. Interesting to see you can get a power strip that works with the dot, this would be cool for tv etc.

Thanks, the sockets look good, but I notice that they are one way only, IE they do not report their status back to the hub. So inneffext you are firing blind, and if you change the state of the socket manually, then your gun won't know it.

I'd be cautious about anything with that limitation, it's not what I would refer to as "smart" it's more like "moderately educated " :-)
    Seriously though, one way stuff is very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

If anyone comes across the energenie mihome starter bundle at a good price please post, was just about to pull the trigger on ebuyer but sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Just spotted this on amazon.fr - but today is the last day of the deal.

From 28 November to 8 December 2016 inclusive, receive a 25% instant discount from 100 € purchase on the Philips Hue product selection below with HUE25 code. To enjoy the 25% discount:

Place one or more Philips products in the selection below into your cart to 100 € purchase.
    Then click the "Checkout" button.
    Enter the promo code HUE25 in the "gift certificate" field. The 25% discount will apply automatically to cart . Offer valid on items shipped and sold by Amazon.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Dohh.. What I want comes to just €98! Maybe for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hue Go back on offfer again:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Personal-Wireless-Lighting-Table/dp/B00TPKQ6DG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1481367376&sr=8-8&keywords=Philips+Hue

Bought one last week when they were down in price, despite not really knowing if I wanted one. Have to say I'm delighted with it. The only Hue I can think of where you actually want it out on full display as the object itself looks gorgeous when lit up.

Oh and of course portable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Harmony Ultimate (model prior to Elite - and preferred by some if Amazon reviews are anything to go by) for £120.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-Ultimate-Remote-Control/dp/B00C80JFSS/ref=pe_3133751_165837671_pd_h0_t&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hue motion sensor down to £29.99 from 35 on Amazon.

Roen wrote: »
    Hue motion sensor down to £29.99 from 35 on Amazon.

Thanks just ordered one. Need two white ambiance bulbs to go with it too for what I have in mind but that's for another day. Sensor qulaifies for free delivery so had to snap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Tesco (Maynooth, anyway) has the DLink DSP W-125 plugs for E24.99, which is half price apparently. Picked one up - very easy to set up, and has IFTTT integration apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Same in Naas as above. Plenty of Wemo bulbs and plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

garbeth wrote: »
    Same in Naas as above. Plenty of Wemo bulbs and plugs.

I did not see these earlier when I was out looking for some more HA stuff I dont need. Where abouts were they, with the regular light bulbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Near the TVs Two aisles in front of the electrical desk till.

garbeth wrote: »
    Near the TVs Two aisles in front of the electrical desk till.

Had a look this morning, unfortunately the half price wemo plugs were just display boxes, none in stock, probably the same for the wemo bulb starter pack they had display boxes of. He did say they were getting in all the stock from other stores so might be work a look later in the week.
    There was a DLink motion sensor had price if anyone is interested and the HD monitor kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,676 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Zascar wrote: »
    [url]Http://www.powercity.ie/index.php?par=20-27-HS100&action=moreinfo[/url] - TP Link HS 100's still at €22 - thanks to KennM for the tip

Back in powercity for a still quite reasonable €24.95

Good availability across the stores. Will pick up one or two tomorrow (one for the Xmas tree that will be going up later this week with its 4 sets of lights, plus another set on the fireplace and two sets outside. Looking forward to telling Alexa to switch them all on :D)

In Amazon these are £24.99 (none available) and £34.99 (newer model)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Hue all on special again on Amazon.fr including starter kits
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B01LZ8QYPI/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,753 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

s.welstead wrote: »
    Hue all on special again on Amazon.fr including starter kits
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B01LZ8QYPI/

Just ordered those as my first set :)

€141.77 including delivery direct to my door. There is a €10 off €50 spend if you enter PHILIPS16 but it wouldn't apply to my order for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

unkel wrote: »
    Back in powercity for a still quite reasonable €24.95

Good availability across the stores. Will pick up one or two tomorrow (one for the Xmas tree that will be going up later this week with its 4 sets of lights, plus another set on the fireplace and two sets outside. Looking forward to telling Alexa to switch them all on :D)

In Amazon these are £24.99 (none available) and £34.99 (newer model)

How will you link in multiple sets of lights to one smartplug? Do you use a socket board and plug that into the smart plug and is that safe? Is it safe to plug transformers into the smart plugs, I'm a bit wary of electrics.

Some serious offers on there. New colour bulbs - €36.90 plus postage

White Ambients - €24.08 plus postage.

Ordered two white ambients. €56 including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,676 ✭✭✭✭unkel

currants wrote: »
    How will you link in multiple sets of lights to one smartplug? Do you use a socket board and plug that into the smart plug and is that safe? Is it safe to plug transformers into the smart plugs

I can't see how it wouldn't be safe. Christmas lights are low wattage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Ah feic, the Hue bulbs are gone up on amazon.fr. Great saving were to be had earlier at the €36.90 price. Is that the cheapest ever? Probably after Christmas before any decent reductions anywhere again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hue go £46.99 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

dendof wrote: »
    Ah feic, the Hue bulbs are gone up on amazon.fr. Great saving were to be had earlier at the €36.90 price. Is that the cheapest ever? Probably after Christmas before any decent reductions anywhere again

Still on offer on Amazon de

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Think I'm going to set money aside for the January sales at this stage - does anybody have an indication of what stores/sites generally have good sales for automation stuff, particularly lighting?

8-10 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to set money aside for the January sales at this stage - does anybody have an indication of what stores/sites generally have good sales for automation stuff, particularly lighting?

Amazons have been doing deals on Philips Hue stuff the last few weeks. Now is as good a time as any to be looking. Ive bought off amazon.co.uk/amazon.es/amazon.fr over the last two weeks or so and everything has been on offer.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »

I'll probably be doing the same, spent enough getting started over the last two weeks.
    I set up a home automation list on Amazon and have been adding all sorts of sensors and lights I've come across to get any notifications if things do go on sale.

Do people generally stick to all the one type of lights or smart sockets? or do you mix it up with hue, wemo, lifx and so on?

Advertisement