Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GRO ordering delays

• 20-08-2015 2:16pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to say: I was on to the GRO in Roscommon to chase up some certs I sent in by fax on 12th August. They are backed up and only working on orders from 10/11th August at the moment.

I took the opportunity to ask about online ordering and despite the fact that the entirety of certs are digitised in Werburgh St, they're not on some other civil service system so there are no current plans to have an online order system like GRONI has. Sigh.

ETA: 2 weeks, still waiting...

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Only seeing this thread now. I faxed in a request yesterday, but if I'd known there was a 2 week delay I would have just gone to Dublin. :mad:
    Anyone know if there's still a delay?
    As an aside, it's mad that you can't order certs online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

My post was 2 months ago! I doubt the same delay is still happening.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I hope you're right, I'll see what happens...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

BigCon wrote: »
    As an aside, it's mad that you can't order certs online.

They're still struggling to present a complete set of indexes on the web.
    Ordering certs might be beyond them for some time to come.:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

Just as a follow up to this in case anyone is wondering, the certs were e-mailed to me today (7 working days since they were applied for).

• Advertisement
Advertisement