Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
YaY!! 666 99.55%
Nay :-( 3 0.45%
Voters: 669. You may not vote on this poll

22-09-2007, 15:57   #1
Jesus Wept

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Pretty self explanatory really, and clearly needed as this thread illustrates.

** Myself and Wertz I wish to put myself forward as a potential moderator.

It is a shared feeling of supporters of the forum that Microwave technology and Time Machine technology are inherently linked.

Also, please consider the 'Back to the Future' documentary as a sub forum, and 'Flux Capacitor' as a sub-sub-forum.

Thank you.

We are in no way affiliated with the Lizard people.

** Wertz is clearly not mod material based on recent posts in the linked thread.

Last edited by Jesus Wept; 23-09-2007 at 09:47.
Advertisement
22-09-2007, 16:10   #2
Zaph
A kick in the gulags

Well it's quite clear that this is what Boards has been missing for all these years, the internet forums "missing link", and I have no hesitation in supporting it. Will we be able to discuss those hand mixer thingies in it as well?
22-09-2007, 16:14   #3
The Master
Category Moderator

I constantly find myself unable to post my microwave and time machine related enquires on boards as there is no forum to post them in.A new forum would be most welcome.
22-09-2007, 16:51   #4
AlmightyCushion

No offence to yourself and Wertz but I doubt the two of ye could handle a forum like this on your own. Lets be realistic the sheer amount of traffic a forum like this would be immense (easily more than after hours). Could this forum be the first to have a moderator count in the double figures? I think it would need it.

I also believe it should allow anonymous posting for some of the more uncomfortable and embarrising topics that will arise.
22-09-2007, 17:27   #5
Jesus Wept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion
No offence to yourself and Wertz but I doubt the two of ye could handle a forum like this on your own. Lets be realistic the sheer amount of traffic a forum like this would be immense (easily more than after hours). Could this forum be the first to have a moderator count in the double figures? I think it would need it.
You may well be right, I'm sure there are plenty of valid candidates for the job, including those who have already expressed their interest and support of the forum.

This forum could also serve as a fantastic marketing tool for boards.ie

'Boards.ie is so varied they have forums discussing everything from Politics, Fashion, Sports, DIY, and even a 'Microwaves and Time Machines forum'

Last edited by Jesus Wept; 22-09-2007 at 17:40.
Advertisement
22-09-2007, 18:13   #6

great idea!
22-09-2007, 20:06   #7
Jesus Wept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaph
Well it's quite clear that this is what Boards has been missing for all these years, the internet forums "missing link", and I have no hesitation in supporting it.
Your support has not gone unnoted brother.

Quote:
Will we be able to discuss those hand mixer thingies in it as well?
If the hand mixer in question is being used/could be utilised to make your own time travelling device, then yes of course.
22-09-2007, 21:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster
I constantly find myself unable to post my microwave and time machine related enquires on boards as there is no forum to post them in.A new forum would be most welcome.
+ 1
22-09-2007, 22:32   #9

if this isnt made into a forum i will go back in time with my microwave and propose it again with a better sales pitch
Advertisement
22-09-2007, 23:48   #10
Karoma

Microwaves and Time Machines get a thumbs up. The Rigger* gets a thumbs down. Damn. It's tough...

*1 of many reasons: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153758 He's trouble, that boy.
22-09-2007, 23:52   #11

Why not..support plus a haon on the conditions of the BTTF subforum.
23-09-2007, 00:09   #12
randylonghorn

Quote:
Will we be able to discuss those hand mixer thingies in it as well?
Sssh! ... that's a touchy subject with certain western-based moderators! >_>
23-09-2007, 00:46   #13

big thumbs up from me, it's needed badly tbh
23-09-2007, 01:04   #14
Genghiz Cohen

I would like to put myself forward for moderatorship of the upcoming "microwaves and time machines" forum.
I believe i am suitable because i own a microwave and am currently working on purifying the zarthon crystals needed to stabilize the time field that stops you from aging or being un-born while the world outside the field changes.
26-09-2007, 09:52   #15
Stercus Accidit

I know where to get cheap microwaves, down at the dump theres xray machines and if you batter them enough, you feel all warm and tingly, I assume that a good thing.

Also I put my mobile in the microwave, ten seconds exactly and...

The screen goes like a photo negative, and you can no longer hear it ring.

This means you can only read a text in the dark and dont know if you're being called, vibration died too.

So...If you hate being bother while out and about this is perfect!

"Why not turn it on silent!" you may say,

I may reply "yore ma", or that this way you cant receive the inherant grief from the woman, man, wife, beast etc. that is your other half giving out that you dont answer the phone and its your fault you put it on silent,

now you cant be blamed, "sure the phones Fu**ed, not my fault"

Like a lobotomy for the phone, Hurra for science! And thus is my application for modship, or honourary membership.

Also I'm from the future.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion