Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Del007 wrote: »
    I'm going to pop in there tomorrow and see what they recommend

Can you let me know what you think of the roast dates while you're there? Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ordered from WCC yesterday and shipped today:

BRAZIL - FLAVIO 'FAFA' REIS
    SQ2122428
    227g / WholeBean

Burundi - Kayanza
    SQ4258773
    227g / Espresso (Fine Grind)

Colombia - PIENDAMO
    SQ1105167
    227g / Espresso (Fine Grind)

The Brazilian is for the FIL and BIL who normally get 3FE or Fixx Brazilian whole beans or SA blends.

The other two are mine. I reached out after I fell in love with their INDONESIA - BENER MERIAH and it subsequently sold out, and he recommended the Burundi to me.

I've been left pretty cold by a lot of SA coffee this year, but again, the recommendation of the PIENDAMO was worth giving it a bash.

TBH, it's WCC, and so far I have a 100% hit rates with what we've received from them.
    I'm the same so i'm going to give Bonnie's bottom two a go. Thanks

I got the coffee delivered to the FIL's gaff in Sligo.

Ordered on Monday afternoon 27/07
    Roasted on Tuesday 28/07
    Despatched on Tuesday 28/07
    Arrived to Rural Coastal Sligo townland on Wednesday afternoon 29/07.

Can't beat that with a big stick really.

Had the Brazilian wholebean this morning and it was as expected. Got rave reviews from FIL. I'm not the biggest fan of Brazilian coffee [it seems] as a rule but it was very pleasant and was a nice cup.

The aroma from the Burundi is something else though. I'm very excited to get home now on Tuesday to give her a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

One day more than that to get my last order roasted and arriving in rural tipp - from Luxembourg - I find more remarkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I was very surprised to find my local Lidl (Castlerea) has freshly roasted (mid July) Galway Roast beans. They're not bad, I've used them a few times bought in the cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

mad m wrote: »
    Art of Coffee 25% off till 4th of August.

Enjoy25 code.

Fusion Blend ( Got this before and was nice)

Anyone an experience of coffees below?

Ethiopia Yirgacheffe

Papua New Guinea

Coupon expired unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

rickyjb wrote: »
    Coupon expired unfortunately

Used it yesterday it was up on the 4th August though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Got my 'Art of Coffee' delivery this morning using:

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe 250g
    - Roasted July 31

Indonesia Blue Sulawesi Raja Toraj 250g
    - Roasted July 28

Peruvian Decaff 250g
    - Roasted August 4

Nina 1kg
    - Roasted July 31

_____

Ordered July 31 (Friday) and delivered today.

25% discount + free shipping brought this to just €39 which I'm delighted with. I'm thinking I may have overdone it though! We tend to get through about 1kg per month so that'll be about 6 weeks of coffee. It'll be losing some of its freshness by the time my next order comes around...

Happy lad this morning either way.. Just gotta get through the remainder of my Three Fools stuff. Thought it would be gone by the time my order arrived but I clearly underestimated how much I had left :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I'd have the Yirga gone in a couple of days!!

Danger781 wrote: »
    Got my 'Art of Coffee' delivery this morning using:

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe 250g
    - Roasted July 31

Indonesia Blue Sulawesi Raja Toraj 250g
    - Roasted July 28

Peruvian Decaff 250g
    - Roasted August 4

Nina 1kg
    - Roasted July 31

_____

Ordered July 31 (Friday) and delivered today.

25% discount + free shipping brought this to just €39 which I'm delighted with. I'm thinking I may have overdone it though! We tend to get through about 1kg per month so that'll be about 6 weeks of coffee. It'll be losing some of its freshness by the time my next order comes around...

Happy lad this morning either way.. Just gotta get through the remainder of my Three Fools stuff. Thought it would be gone by the time my order arrived but I clearly underestimated how much I had left :pac:

Make sure to give us an update on that Indonesian.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Ordered from Bell Lane yesterday. Arrived this morning, roast date 4th August. Can't argue with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

frink wrote: »
    Ordered from Bell Lane yesterday. Arrived this morning, roast date 4th August. Can't argue with that!

Ditto with art of coffee, ordered 3rd, roasted 4th, delivered today.

Got Fusion blend 1kg. Roasted 4th Aug.
    Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Roasted 28july
    Papua New Guinea Roasted 31 July

33 euro all in free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭sioda

So I may have overbought coffee recently how long after roast date are beans good. They are still sealed in their bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

sioda wrote: »
    So I may have overbought coffee recently how long after roast date are beans good. They are still sealed in their bags?

They're fine for about 6 weeks after roasting then they degrade quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭sioda

Feic I've about a kilo roasted end of June

sioda wrote: »

Just put them in the freezer, then they will come out of it as fresh as they went in.

or an airtight container

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

or an airtight container

You have to stop coffee oxidation to keep coffee fresh.
    Divide it into the small batches ,vacuum seal it and freeze it.
    If Don't have a vacuum sealer, just use original coffee bags , just squeeze as much air from it as possible.
    Airtight container- almost waste of time , plenty of air in it .

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

alec76 wrote: »
    You have to stop coffee oxidation to keep coffee fresh.
    Divide it into the small batches ,vacuum seal it and freeze it.
    If Don't have a vacuum sealer, just use original coffee bags , just squeeze as much air from it as possible.
    Airtight container- almost waste of time , plenty of air in it .

The Airscape does get all the air out:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HUVTYTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Have a cloudpicker voucher. Any recommendations for 1 or 2 bags that would be good via aeropress. Going to get some Sam for espresso and moka pot.

Some roasters in the UK at least are now saying that some of theirs are recommended to not be used for at least 4 weeks after roasting. It might be bean/variety dependent though and how it was roasted.

Freezing is always something i thought was to be avoided too. Dries them out and causes them to develop tiny cracks.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    Some roasters in the UK at least are now saying that some of theirs are recommended to not be used for at least 4 weeks after roasting. It might be bean/variety dependent though and how it was roasted.

Freezing is always something i thought was to be avoided too. Dries them out and causes them to develop tiny cracks.

What is the measured moisture content of freshly roasted coffee beans?

These are after several weeks in the freezer. What is the deleterious significance of small cracks when the beans have a veritable Marianas Trench running down them and they are destined to be ground to dust?

Indian-Pearl-beans.jpg

You bake a good potato

It was something I just carried with me for some reason based on a long read ago thing.

But having read up on James Hoffman's explainer, it's when not stored airtight, that they then take on moisture everytime the freezer is opened or container they are in opened, that freezes, and ruins the coffee. Evreryday's a schoolday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

'justbrewit' for 15% Bailies at the moment

Folks who get stuff delivered from cloudpicker?

How long has it typically taken. Im a week waiting since dispatch and they use a bloody awful courier

I've a Bailies sub so I'm going to leave them out of this question

I like east african coffees - if you were buying a coffee tomorrow - one bag - which would it be?

I'll order tomorrow or monday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Anything washed. Long since gone off naturally processes coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I've a Bailies sub so I'm going to leave them out of this question

I like east african coffees - if you were buying a coffee tomorrow - one bag - which would it be?

I'll order tomorrow or monday

WCC have some east / central african ones atm - the Burundi looks fab
    https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop?category=Coffee

• Advertisement

WCC have some east / central african ones atm - the Burundi looks fab
    https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop?category=Coffee

The Burundi is delicious. Currently working my way through it.

Advertisement