Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft office home and student 2019 €23

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How does this differ from office 365?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

McMurphy wrote: »

Once off Vs monthly payment. The 365 has a chance of actually being genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭worded

It excludes outlook and 1 drive
    Use in one computer for non commercial purposes

It’s a one off fee so if genuine one off buy out fee is quite a good deal

Google it and see the list of what it has

grogi wrote: »
    Once off Vs monthly payment.

There was a bargain alert the other day for 365 family for something like €50, I get that it's a family account, so therefore multiple machines can use, but does this offer come with the 1TB of storage etc, and all the other programs is basically what I'm asking?

My parents got a new laptop recently, and I have volunteered to sort them out with office. I'm thinking this deal might be perfect for them.

Edit - pretty much answered above by worded.

If outlook and the 1tb of storage isn't that important, I'm guessing this is a no brainer?

There was a bargain alert the other day for 365 family for something like €50, I get that it's a family account, so therefore multiple machines can use, but does this offer come with the 1TB of storage etc, and all the other programs is basically what I'm asking?

My parents got a new laptop recently, and I have volunteered to sort them out with office. I'm thinking this deal might be perfect for them.

No, one drive is not included. You'd get Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Note sure about note, probably yes.

It would be a no brained if it was from a reputable source. I wouldn't...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭worded

Edit - pretty much answered above by worded.

If outlook and the 1tb of storage isn't that important, I'm guessing this is a no brainer?

Prob perfect for your folks

Older ppl can’t comprehend cloud so it’s simpler to save locally

20 euro excellent price and they have trust pilot it looks genuine

Office 365 only seems to give you 2016 anyway. You do get multiple devices and Onedrive storage though.

I think I'll take the plunge and then upgrade to a 365 package with online storage when it comes on offer again.

Assuming that this is possible?

Will get my dad (who fancies himself as a bit of a freelance sports journalist) started anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Don’t think the standalone version gets feature upgrades between releases unlike the Office 365 edition.

What you buy is what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

The offer in the OP is for
    Word 2019, Excel 2019, PowerPoint 2019 and OneNote 2019

You can also get Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus for under €30
    https://www.digitallicense.nl/microsoft-office-2019-professional-plus

It carries Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access.

Nice find anyways OP, Many thanks. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

maik3n wrote: »

Windows server 2019 required for this and windows 10.

Anyone should have Windows 10 now.

That just speaks how genuine and legit those guys are...

Just in case anyone needs it.

Offline installer files can be found here
    http://windowsedition.com/download-office-offline-installer-iso/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Just in case anyone needs it.

Offline installer files can be found here
    http://windowsedition.com/download-office-offline-installer-iso/
    Well, you might have known a lot about download office 2019 64 bit within your computer. We have got a few features of this particular Office home and business 2019 download which will mention a lot about the same for sure. To provide more such details here we have mentioned a few more details which state the software’s features particularly.

Unbelievably legit download.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Reading about this it seems they are MSDN licenses that they are selling on which they shouldn't. If MS detect misuse they will block all as they should only be used for dev.

Unbelievably legit download.
    If we can ignore the less that stellar descriptions, lol, they are actually legit MS downloads of the office suites.

What someone does with them afterwards is where things might get a little iffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭shalom

I'm a simple person in many ways, and I just want microsoft word the old fashioned way. not saved in the cloud. Any help anyone ?

shalom wrote: »
    I'm a simple person in many ways, and I just want microsoft word the old fashioned way. not saved in the cloud. Any help anyone ?
    I could be mistaken but I thought this version that the OP has flagged is such a thing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

august12 wrote: »
    Windows server 2019 required for this and windows 10.

Win10 OR Win Server 2019 surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭shalom

I could be mistaken but I thought this version that the OP has flagged is such a thing? :confused:

Can anyone confirm that the OP one is 'the old fashioned one' that thios old middle aged person wants?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yes, it's a once off purchase that includes the three programs mentioned with no frills like cloud etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭torrevieja

am i missing something here but is this not for students

torrevieja wrote: »
    am i missing something here but is this not for students

And for homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,657 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

rom wrote: »
    Reading about this it seems they are MSDN licenses that they are selling on which they shouldn't. If MS detect misuse they will block all as they should only be used for dev.

Exactly this.

It's the same as the similar offer last week. The sellers are reselling volume/enterprise/MSDN licenses - none of which are intended for retail or your average punter. These licenses are sold to businesses, education, and developers and under a completely different agreement.

They will work but they could be deactivated at any time. You'll have no support or comeback and I'm not sure (given how connected MSFT apps are nowadays) I'd want to be associating my personal details with someone's dodgy license antics.

The only way to get Office legitimately as a retail consumer is...

- From a reseller like Argos or Amazon
    - The office.com website. O365 Family is great value to be honest

All these licenses for a tenner or 20 or whatever are not above board. The same applies to similar pricing for Windows licenses. Think about it - the full version of these products cost well over a hundred or more.

Excuse my ignorance in the workings of shared MS family account, but what's to stop a boards "family account" happening, much the same as Netflix etc?

I have a family package reserved in Argos, but I'm going to be putting it on my folks, I'll take a slot for the 1tb storage, but there's a few slots left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Excuse my ignorance in the workings of shared MS family account, but what's to stop a boards "family account" happening, much the same as Netflix etc?

I have a family package reserved in Argos, but I'm going to be putting it on my folks, I'll take a slot for the 1tb storage, but there's a few slots left over.
    If you can do that, how much would a slot cost one???

august12 wrote: »
    If you can do that, how much would a slot cost one???

If it's possible, (and I will await input from folk with more knowledge on it than I have ) I was thinking a tenner a slot.

That way if it's possible, we all get a years sub for a tenner each.

If it's possible, (and I will await input from folk with more knowledge on it than I have ) I was thinking a tenner a slot.

That way if it's possible, we all get a years sub for a tenner each.
    From a cursory glance online, I think YOU CAN technically run a family plan with friends or other boards.ie members, lol.
    However, while it might work from a practical standpoint, I imagine it might run afoul of M$ terms and conditions and be somewhat legally questionable.

It's probably highly unlikely that M$ would crack down on it but just because we can do it, doesn't necessarily mean we should. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

There's also LibreOffice etc. which is completely free which are pretty much the same thing for a lot of people, with simple option to save as microsoft file format etc.

Advertisement