Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remender recommender

• 26-11-2019 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Alyssa Mushy Molehill

I particularly liked Tokyo Ghost. What Rick Remender comics should I try next?

[Already read lots of Sean Murphy's stuff - that was what led me to Tokyo Ghost.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭jface187

It depends

Remender done a lot fo super hero stuff which I am more up on, then his indie stuff.

I liked his Venom a lot. Took a silly idea and made it good. Rage of Ultron is ok, nice set up for Ultron going forward.

His run on the Punisher is really good. Along with Uncanny X-Force. Top notch stuff. Also Uncanny Avengers as a sort kinda follow up to X-Force. His Captain America run, I only read the first part of, but I enjoyed it, not the biggest cap fan.

I read a bit of Fear Agent, not for me. Deadly Class I read the first volume of, it was good, I just didn't want to commit to another 20 Volume Image book.

He did a book called Devolution for Boom a long time ago. I read it for free with Amzon Unlimited, it's not worth paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Alyssa Mushy Molehill

Already went with Low and Black Science. Haven’t read either of them yet.

Thanks for the recommendations. I realized I have a trade paperback of Uncanny X Force (Otherworld - picked up on sale somewhere) for about a year which I haven’t read. Will give it a try. I find the art a bit offputting.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭jface187

Otherworld is the worst of the whole run. The art is awful. Honestly better starting with Volume 1. Art and story are great and get better from there, until Other-world the only real dip in the whole run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Alyssa Mushy Molehill

jface187 wrote: »
    Otherworld is the worst of the whole run. The art is awful. Honestly better starting with Volume 1. Art and story are great and get better from there, until Other-world the only real dip in the whole run.
    Good to know. Explains why it was so cheap I guess.

Advertisement