Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Regular Season Thread

1212223242527»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

N.L wildcard game in wrigley tomorrow night,whether its against the Rockies or Dodgers its gonna be some atmosphere.No better ballpark in the game imo.

Atmosphere was great there today. Plenty of Brewers fans there. It'll be more of a home crowd tomorrow though.

4-0 Dodgers and the Rockies being no-hit. I'm off to bed, hopefully I don't miss some sort of comeback.

4-0 Dodgers and the Rockies being no-hit. I'm off to bed, hopefully I don't miss some sort of comeback.

Despite been 4-0, its been a good Pitchers duel.
    Rockies were unlucky with the first 2 runs in the 4th. The Rockies pitcher struck out 4 in that inning, and still gave up the 2 runs on one hit

So after a very up and down season, Dodgers finished 2nd seed in the NL.
    Could easily have missed the playoffs altogether.

Feeling pretty confident about the rotation now that they get a couple of days off.
    Kershaw
    Beuhler
    Ryu
    Hill

All in good form right now.

Are we doing predictions for the playoffs?

For the Wild Card games, I'm going with:
    Cubs
    As

Then in the NL
    Cubs over Brewers in 5
    Dodgers over Braves in 4

Dodgers over the Cubs in 5

In the AL
    Red Sox over As in 3
    Indians over the Astros in 5

Indians over the Red Sox in 6

World Series:
    Dodgers over Indians in 5

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hope Red Sox give it a really good go this year, we've been excellent in the regular season

• Advertisement

Let the crap shoot begin.

100+ wins mean nothing now....!!!!

As a fan with no horse in the race (as usual!), I’m really looking forward to the next month.

8-10 wrote: »
    Hope Red Sox give it a really good go this year, we've been excellent in the regular season

The bullpen’s a bit of a worry though isn’t it?

Will be interested to see how David Price gets on in his start too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,946 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Do we need a postseason thread now?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Do we need a postseason thread now?

Yep!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057916160/1/#post108236852

• Registered Users Posts: 12,946 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yankees over A's
    Rockies over Cubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The bullpen’s a bit of a worry though isn’t it?

Not hugely. Overall we're a "score what you want and we'll score more" type of team. I don't expect too many low scoring games it's just a case of keeping the bats hot and running the bases well. We score a lot of runs.

Advertisement