Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

New Home wrote: »
    But you see, we only know that Batman works in Gotham, not that he lives there. Gotham is supposed to be New York (ish), how many men would match his built? Also, nobody said Batman pays for his own gadgets, maybe there's someone sponsoring him.

Not so easy now, is it? ;)
    How dare you sully this thread with logic :mad: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

And herbs as uurbs.

And main courses as entrees. This is literally the french word for starter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

And herbs as uurbs.

I live in the US, and this brings out a really irrational anger in me. Particularly since every second fast food ad says 'made with our own uurbs and spices.' I'm pretty sure I've sat in front of the TV before shouting 'ITS HERBS, ITS FCUKING HERBS!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I live in the US, and this brings out a really irrational anger in me. Particularly since every second fast food ad says 'made with our own uurbs and spices.' I'm pretty sure I've sat in front of the TV before shouting 'ITS HERBS, ITS FCUKING HERBS!'

That instance is what makes it so funny.They can say Herb if it's a person's name.But can't say it the same for the spices even though it's spelled the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Up to last night I had 8 items in my Amazon basket with over 100 more "Saved For Later", added over the last few years. I tried to add one CD last night and got technical error message. Today I see that the CD is now my basket but is the only item there. Everything else has been completely emptied as has the Saved For Later part. Amazon chat of no help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I have a Spotify premium account and have volume normalization enabled in my settings so all songs will be at the same level when playing a playlist compiled from different sources. This works fine on desktop and my iPhone but the sound quality from both is subpar.

When I play Spotify through my TV the sound quality is way better. However there is no option to enable the volume normalization when playing through a "third party device" so I am constantly have to change the volume on the TV remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This is more of a rant than a simple trivial annoyance.

UPS are a shower of idiots!.

I ordered an item from overseas (the company is called Play-Asia, and they deal with imported movies and video games, which I'm very much a customer for a while now), and they use UPS for express international deliveries.

For some reason they got back to me telling me that UPS referred to my postcode as incorrect, and it needed to be 5 characters.

I said "no, this is not correct. Ireland's postal code (Eircode) system is in such a way that it's made up of 7 characters - not 5", and I reconfirmed my postcode to them, telling them that this was my correct address and there was no mistake in that. They never got back to me for two days with an update, so I had to email them again to give me one. And they told me that the postcode was confirmed and accepted.

Yet somehow.... since it shipped, I checked the tracking information and even though my address is technically correct...... the post code is entirely different. How did they mess that up?????

I've already emailed them to fix it before they deliver it to the wrong address but I'm just nervous now in case they deliver it to that incorrect post code and the person at the door accepts it, as the item I ordered was not cheap, and I chose the most expensive delivery method so that it would be shipped and delivered in 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for boards errors

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for boards errors

I think I read they were fixing it and it should be fixed within a day, maybe I dreamt it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Posts with big words I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭wally79

I need a public services card to get license online.

Appointments for public service cards are suspended due to social distancing requirements so I have to go in person to get license

Everyone in the same boat will need to go in person to a different government office to get licence

Same social distancing issue in said office

Why not just keep both offices open to share the load

Adding to TA is that I applied online for passport renewal, surely a more important document, on Saturday afternoon and it arrived this morning, so why do I even need a public services card for my license renewal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

That instance is what makes it so funny.They can say Herb if it's a person's name.But can't say it the same for the spices even though it's spelled the exact same.

I know it is annoying but history is on their side as it used to be pronounced erb everywhere. Also the erb pronunciation is closer to the original old French pronunciation where the word came from.

"Middle English: via Old French from Latin herba ‘grass, green crops, herb’. Although herb has always been spelled with an h, pronunciation without it was usual until the 19th century and is still standard in the US."

https://www.google.com/search?q=herb+etymology&rlz=1C1GCEB_en__886__886&oq=herb+ety&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.4897j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Amanda Holden tas me. She has her picture in the papers every week despite she never actually does anything.Look Amanda in a swimsuit.
    Look, Amanda is wearing a flowery dress.
    Look at Amanda's big hat. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

cj maxx wrote: »
    Posts with big words I don't know
    They probably dont know themselves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Amanda Holden tas me. She has her picture in the papers every week despite she never actually does anything.Look Amanda in a swimsuit.
    Look, Amanda is wearing a flowery dress.
    Look at Amanda's big hat. :mad:

she has a delightful habit of wearing very few clothes

Would these celebs not freeze their asses off prancing around trying to get photographed, it isn't too warm lately.
    One photo I rememberfew years back is Mariah Carey out walking her dog in hotpants and massive high heel shoes :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at those cringey mortgage ad's and those cringey insurance ads as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Urinals. What's the fookin point? Do you want to sit beside me and talk sh!te while we do a sh!te together aswell? What a load of sh!te.

And the days of it becoming a less endearing trait are looming large :pac:

My TA Ak-sent-yee-ay-shun. (emphasis on Ak-sent :D)

Maybe it's just me but when I hear a few Nordies down south shootin da breeze (am in midlands me) they seem to exaggerate their accent/s.

I'm not sure as I'm rarely in their natural habitat. If it is the case good luck to them being proud of their regional Irish accent. Still annoys me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And the days of it becoming a less endearing trait are looming large :pac:

My TA Ak-sent-yee-ay-shun. (emphasis on Ak-sent :D)

Maybe it's just me but when I hear a few Nordies down south shootin da breeze (am in midlands me) they seem to exaggerate their accent/s.

I'm not sure as I'm rarely in their natural habitat. If it is the case good luck to them being proud of their regional Irish accent. Still annoys me though.

TA'd that all good things must come to an end

• Advertisement

People who waste water. I know someone who turn the tap on full, goes to get the kettle and fill it puts the kettle back and turns it on before going back and turning the tap off.
    Also when they have finished doing the dishes they run the tap full down the plughole for about 2 minutes.
    I be getting madder and madder looking on but you can't tackle somebody about what they do in their own home when you are a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Onshuh wrote: »
    Urinals. What's the fookin point? Do you want to sit beside me and talk sh!te while we do a sh!te together aswell? What a load of sh!te.

Just don't put chewing gum in them - it blocks them up, apparently :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA that at first glance I thought the name of this thread had been changed to Trivial Things Cat AnnoYogurt.

A relative of mine

(who decided to completely eliminate himself from all social media, which is fine, but he literally removed himself from everything, even messenger, so he wouldn't talk to any of us that much as a result (he used to talk to us in group chats, all the time - he's very close to us). But lately he's become very distant and hasn't spoken to me in months))

sent me a happy birthday message today...............via LinkedIn............ ****ing LINKEDIN, who does that???

I found it really f*cking annoying as a result as he knows my bloody number, he knows where I live, he has WhatsApp, as do I.

He's gone real uppity lately. I won't be replying back to him. F*cking LinkedIn. What a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A proper trivial annoyance here, but it does annoy me when someone tags someone on AdBook Facebook but leaves in their entire name, ie: John Doe check this out. Like, a single tap of backspace will remove the second name and keep the tag ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A relative of mine

(who decided to completely eliminate himself from all social media, which is fine, but he literally removed himself from everything, even messenger, so he wouldn't talk to any of us that much as a result (he used to talk to us in group chats, all the time - he's very close to us). But lately he's become very distant and hasn't spoken to me in months))

sent me a happy birthday message today...............via LinkedIn............ ****ing LINKEDIN, who does that???

I found it really f*cking annoying as a result as he knows my bloody number, he knows where I live, he has WhatsApp, as do I.

He's gone real uppity lately. I won't be replying back to him. F*cking LinkedIn. What a load of crap.
    Is this a very subtle way of you announcing that it's your birthday today?
    :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Either my internet is acting up or my email providers are. Guess it's the former as even boards is glitchy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Teeth clanking with cutlery, and knife lickers. Disgusting.

Is this a very subtle way of you announcing that it's your birthday today?
    :D

No, I'd never do that. I was just venting to the nearest source available to me because there's a lot of personal issues regarding his attitude lately. He's never done this before.

Also, my birthday had already been and gone, so if I wanted to announce it here, I'd have done it first thing in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

521398.jpg

What type of clown thinks this was a good place for a fire blanket?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement