Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help with starting E-Liquid online store

• 29-09-2020 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some advise from the group regarding my business idea.
    Essentially the business model is somewhere between a subscription service and an online store.

New users fill in simple questions regarding their nicotine preference, flavour prefernce (fruity, menthol, tobaco). Then you are given the option of purchasing a 4 or 6 surprise pack of 10ml for €15 & €20 including postage respectivly. The packs with be chosen for users based on their questionaire.

You can see how this reseembles a subcription service model but users do not have commit to monthly recurring packs. Instead when you are running low you can opt to purchase a new pack to arrive at home in 2 days. You can also share your thoughts on the juices received, so your flavour preference become more defined. You can also chose to receive a specfic juice again if you would like, but the rest of the juices remain a surprise.

I would really appreciate open and constructive feedback on this idea. Would it be feasable, would you use it, would you recommend it to a friend.

Of course if you need more info, just let me know

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

I've been vaping for about 2 years now and I've kinda settled into my own little routine. Daytime, I use menthol and I've 2 or 3 different flavours that I use in the evenings. Obviously, I experimented at the beginning but I've settled on what I like and see little need to change. I personally wouldn't be interested in a 'surprise' bag each month.

Anyways, good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I believe with vape shops the main problem is them getting stuck with a load of stock they can't shift so this model makes sense from a vendors perspective.

This model wouldn't appeal to me as a consumer but I know lots of people like "mystery box" type thing. I suspect this is already somewhat well served by other vendors but if you had clever branding it could work I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I mean - this model has me torn.

On the one hand I am always looking to try new juice! On the other, there is an awful lot of crap in the shops, and brands that i just dont like. So for me unless you were only using top quality juices, think wick liquor, drs, yeti, just juice then i would definitely be interested - however the price point you would need to charge would be prohibitive, as I can get that juice cheaper elsewhere. From what I can see, your added value is the surprise element which wouldnt be enough to make me move from my current supplier.

Gift market - my partner might buy me a sub for xmas - might work.
    But subscription based on repeat orders is deffo something i would go for. Best of luck though!

Advertisement