Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Hone alone on e4 at the moment.

Macaulay Culkin is 40 :eek:

Lyric FM just played Greensleeves, not Christmas, but the melody is used in What Child is This. I don't think it was on purpose, but it was amusing to hear on 100-days day :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I may or may not be playing ChristmasFM right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I may or may not be playing ChristmasFM right now....

Do you know what, just back from a site meeting and WFH & the day is so cold & miserable I'm not gonna lie, was tempted to give my updated christmas playlist a blast!
    I still might!

That or listen to another christmas podcast.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

I had bad nights sleep, then work up before my 5am alarm and couldnt get back to sleep so on the way from the gym to work I threw on a Christmas podcast. Am all the better for it.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    I had bad nights sleep, then work up before my 5am alarm and couldnt get back to sleep so on the way from the gym to work I threw on a Christmas podcast. Am all the better for it.

Which ones you listening to atm Jude?

I got as far as the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation one on 'Cant wait for Christmas' and decided to take a break & moved onto Merry Britsmas ones, which i've enjoyed. Well worth a listen.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

This morning was Cant wait for Christmas (CWFC) 070 'The Ber Months'. Only about 15 minutes in to it as that's how long it takes me to get from the gym to work. The guy can be annoying.

Havnet had a listen to the Merrybritmas one yet. I will give it a go.

This morning was Cant wait for Christmas (CWFC) 070 'The Ber Months'. Only about 15 minutes in to it as that's how long it takes me to get from the gym to work. The guy can be annoying.

Havnet had a listen to the Merrybritmas one yet. I will give it a go.

Yeah, to be fair I think Loughc said his voice could be annoying after a while. That's why I've stopped listening to them so regularly & spread them out a bit more.
    Have listened to a couple of the Christmas Past ones too, his voice is the polar opposite & would almost send you to sleep he's so mellow in comparison, I do like learning about the factual side of things though. Will definitely be listening to more of them too.

The Merry Britmas one is not on podcast republic so woe is me.

37 days and this thread gets locked up :D

• Advertisement

The Merry Britmas one is not on podcast republic so woe is me.

Try here:

https://merrybritsmas.podbean.com/

Cheers I will try it on the android.

Just noticed, Sony Christmas movie channel is back as of today. 3 whole months before Christmas Eve!

Okay, this will sound weird but that MerryBritmas podcast is too christmasy for me at this time of the year, hearing slade etc is too much right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,173 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Smyth’s catalogue is out Tomorrow!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

https://twitter.com/rteliveline/status/1309123474934452225?s=21

I’m all for this campaign “COVID can’t cancel Christmas”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I’m all for this campaign “COVID can’t cancel Christmas”

You can't cancel a feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

kitten_k wrote: »

Love it never a truer word said !

Which is also the name of my country music album :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

TK Maxx in Drogheda had some decs, towels and gift wrap/bags today.

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    TK Maxx in Drogheda had some decs, towels and gift wrap/bags today.

I've found our local one is great for picking up one off decorations overs the year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Which is also the name of my country music album :pac:
    latest?cb=20121215220512

Posy wrote: »
    latest?cb=20121215220512

tumblr_mbc814KJVT1qgy0ea.gif :P

Posy wrote: »
    latest?cb=20121215220512

There's always a Simpsons reference :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Hey all,

Looking to get a real tree this year for the first time in a very long time and I can't wait!

Does anyone know roughly when they go on sale? I was hoping to get something the last week in November...

Thanks.

Hey all,

Looking to get a real tree this year for the first time in a very long time and I can't wait!

Does anyone know roughly when they go on sale? I was hoping to get something the last week in November...

Thanks.

There’s definitely some places with real trees on sale last week of November. But remember with real trees they don’t last too long so best to hold off as long as you can to buy it.

Woodies have their Christmas trees on sale now and their Christmas decorations all boxed up on the shelves ready to be displayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

There’s definitely some places with real trees on sale last week of November. But remember with real trees they don’t last too long so best to hold off as long as you can to buy it.

Ah yes of course, I should've remembered that.
    Woodies have their Christmas trees on sale now and their Christmas decorations all boxed up on the shelves ready to be displayed.

Excellent!

ChristmasFM playing here again, I needed it this morning.

• Advertisement

ChristmasFM playing here again, I needed it this morning.

Was only thinking to myself this morning on the drive in, that I never really listen to Christmas music before Christmas FM launches, but could really do with some today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement