Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

Coffee and chocolate fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Coffee.

Being vey good and not buying sweets and biscuits. Baked goods are divided and frozen into proper portions once cooled. Determined to come out of this without piling back the weight I lost last year.

The midnight munchies are so difficult to ignore when there are goodies about.

I know my mental health will be better also if I am steadfast in my resolve. More important I will have nothing to wear as I ruthlessly got rid of all my old clothes and won't be able to afford any new.
    Keep well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sausages from the air fryer in toast with cheese, finally had to do some shopping yesterday as we were nearly out of dog and hen food.

Felt very safe in Aldi Kenmare yesterday, it was quite and everyone kept well away from each other. I wore gloves and others did too, some had masks on. Fierce credit due to the staff in there, very safety aware and very upbeat attitude.

Had 4 cans of some extra strong Polish beer last night, hangover central this morning.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Tall can of Coca-Cola Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its probably the warmest day of the year so far and yet here I am just after making a batch of winter warming leek and potato soup. Feck it, such creamy goodness. And when the remainder goes cold I can say I made a vichyssoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I made a cottage pie yesterday. I had some for lunch not long after it was cooked. Girls had it for dinner and I used up the left over chicken madras from the night before. I had a small portion of said pie for lunch today and the girls had it again for dinner. Love to see everything used. So now its just me to satisfy tonight. A slight change in plan. Sirloin steak, peas, gray and chunky fries instead of mash. But a few beers in the meantime to relieve the stress temporarily. More beers than usual and its only Wednesday.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I just nearly lost the plot wondering what chicken dogs were - about 10 minutes it took me.

I was going to make Salad Nicoise but as I boiled the baby potatoes I realised I’d eaten all the black olives as a snack the other night and had no sauce/mayo - so instead I had baby boiled potatoes with fresh french beans, tangy capers and natural yoghurt - which was surprisingly satisfying when eaten on a deckchair in the sun in the garden.Followed by two expressos mixed in with sachet cappuchinos and some bananna and walnut bread I made cos I had no bread or anything left. If i wasn’t off it for lent a nice cider would have gone down well.

Nobody will want to go back to work after this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Minute steak, roast baby potatoes, roasted garlic, fried bell peppers and scallion.
    No sauce. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Question for yee all, might be the best place to ask...

Can you heat up red wine? Wouldn't mind a hot beverage with a kick one of these nights.

Does it like a microwave?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Question for yee all, might be the best place to ask...

Can you heat up red wine? Wouldn't mind a hot beverage with a kick one of these nights.

Does it like a microwave?

Don't drink red wine and only drink white wine when I'm really, really desperate. But isn't the oul Christmas mulled wine a version of heated up red wine??

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Don't drink red wine and only drink white wine when I'm really, really desperate. But isn't the oul Christmas mulled wine a version of heated up red wine??

I thought so too but I feel it's fancier than a €9.50 bottle of red thrown in the microwave.

I'm gonna try it in a saucepan, maybe with a sprinkle of ginger & cinnamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Packet of ginger nuts (,3 bics) and a cup of tea.
    Hate ginger nuts but at work and nothing else around at moment:)

I thought so too but I feel it's fancier than a €9.50 bottle of red thrown in the microwave.

Not bad at all! The hardest part is trying to avoid inhaling the alcohol steam as you raise the cup to your face.

7/10

Not bad at all! The hardest part is trying to avoid inhaling the alcohol steam as you raise the cup to your face.

7/10

Don’t boil off the alcohol in it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Can of Linden Village.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

YFlyer wrote: »
    Can of Linden Village.

Might as well.
    Who else is keeping up with their new year's resolutions of clean living eh?

Breakfast will be hummous on toast again, and coffee.

I made tuna and white bean "salad" for lunch.

Going to roast some sweet potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Homemade soda bread and marmalade for breakfast.

Don’t boil off the alcohol in it :o

Sh1t. Maybe that's why it was so easy to drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Just polished off a bowl of porridge with peanut butter and a few sliced strawberries on the side. I am in flavour country.

Ohh happy days sipping that in a tiny old bar in Gdansk, people watching out the window in the depths of winter.

Breville with turkey, cheese and lots of red onion with tea.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

Just polished off a bowl of porridge with peanut butter and a few sliced strawberries on the side. I am in flavour country.

Just picked the lumps of white and green mould off the last of the bread and toasted it. So amI!!

( still no sign of death).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Might as well.
    Who else is keeping up with their new year's resolutions of clean living eh?

Breakfast will be hummous on toast again, and coffee.

I made tuna and white bean "salad" for lunch.

Going to roast some sweet potatoes.

I went shopping earlier for my aunt. She gave me roughly 0.5 Kg of frozen smoked salmon. Allowing it to thaw in the fridge. Hopefully be ready to have some of it tomorrow evening.

I have another steak in the fridge that has to be fried up tonight. Not sure what to have with it. Did a couple of homemade bugers in babs with chips for the other half of the crew earlier. Might do some mashed spuds.

A glass of cheap red on an empty stomach.

G'wan Pac1Man you mad bastard ye!

I was going to wait for wine o clock but it's Friday and you have inspired me Pac1Man.

Craving a pizza all day, skipped lunch while working outside so it's an early dinner of frozen spinach and riccotta pizza with some turkey and 6 croquettes in the oven.

The mother in law likes her basic dinners and is not into anything frozen or spicy but I need my curries or a bit of junk food every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Chocolate cake and coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Archeron

An oven baked crispy chicken fajita with two spring rolls and a jammy donut.

Those chunky chips from Supervalu are feckin great out of the Airfryer! Served a bowl of them to the crew with Pizza. For newbies "the Crew" are wife and daughter hereafter referred to as Mrs G and Ms G.:D

More steak, mash, peas and gravy last night. Cheese and toast for the breakie today, followed by potato and leek soup with brown bread for lunch. Jaysus I'm longing for a Chinese takeaway. Got put off it due to the oul Covid-19, but so feckin tempted.

A few beers for now.

Skipped lunch again, too nice and peaceful outside.

Starving again though so had a lash off making a soda bread with crushed granola and sesame seeds added.

Just waiting for it to cool and it is going to be lathered with butter and handed out to all my fellow isolators here at home.

Dinner will be delayed, such are the times we are living in.

Stay safe folks.

• Advertisement

Defrosted a really nice piece of Beef. Eye of the round. Still in a swithched off oven after 30 mins on 200 and 2 hours on 100. It will be melt in the mouth. Gonna have it with carrots, peas, mash and roasties. Gravy everywhere.:D

Sippin a beer as I'm usually having a pint in a pub at this time on Sundays. Even my short spell in London afforded me the same opportunity. Starting to miss it now.

Advertisement