Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Test Mega CD 2 without a game

• 06-01-2019 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just acquired a mega cd 2 to clean up and sell on. I’ve never come across the machine before so I was wondering if there is a way to test it’s working without an actual mega cd game?

I have a feeling this is a stupid question and the answer is no but was just wondering, maybe a copied disc or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

sugarman wrote: »
    I normally wouldn't condone piracy, but for the sake of testing just burn a CD-R. You can get a 5 pack in dealz for €1.49.

I wasn’t sure if it’d work with a copy. I may well do but I’ve just bought a cheap game for a couple of quid of eBay anyway now, will help me sell it with a game too.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could also just try playing a CD.

The disc drive is usually the first thing to go on these things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Advertisement